August 16th, 2022 IRC Meeting
From Mass Pirate WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Boston-area meeting, September 10th?
Planning for 2023 Local Elections
Party Conference & Elections
- Conference tentatively for October 8th.
- Elections in Nov.
- Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed
Other To Do
- Application to PPI
- Pirate Moot, Sat., August 27th, 11am-2pm, Joe's place
- jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
- srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
- Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
Pirate Moot in Nashua
- Generally planning for relaxed political discourse
- USPP also interested in organizing in NH
- Email about Nashua moot will go out tomorrow
Boston Area Meeting
- Looking at Saturday, Sep 10th, noon--2pm
- Focus on fostering locals
Local election planning
Pirate Conference and Elections
- Tentatively scheduled for Oct 8th
21:02 <~jokeefe> Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/August_16th,_2022_IRC_Meeting 21:02 < Joe> Hi srevilak 21:02 <~jokeefe> ids 21:02 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell 21:02 <~jokeefe> Anything to add? 21:02 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington 21:02 <~jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville 21:03 < Joe> Pirate moot in Nashua 21:04 <~jokeefe> sounds good 21:05 < Joe> I just wanted to add to the agenda, sorry for lack of clarity 21:05 <~jokeefe> Projects - outreach 21:05 <~jokeefe> I will send the email newsletter out tomorrow with a focus on the Nashua meeting and the poll. 21:06 <~jokeefe> What do suggest the agenda should be for the Nashua meeting, Joe 21:06 < Joe> I prefer the relaxed political discourse but I'm open to suggestion. 21:07 < Joe> Also, USPP wanted to have us put a blast out to our NH pirates to help them org 21:07 <~jokeefe> did you put together text I can send out? 21:08 < Joe> So being there for them, getting them to run. Etcetera 21:08 < Joe> I did not, sorry 21:08 < Joe> I have writers block atm 21:08 <~jokeefe> I will put something together and send it out this week. 21:09 <~jokeefe> It is your meeting, so your agenda sounds good. 21:10 < Joe> Every time I start writing it I keep sounding super tacky and superficial. 21:10 < Joe> So assistance would be appreciated 21:10 < srevilak> Joe: write a crappy first draft. Can always clean it up later 21:11 < Joe> Ok 21:11 < Joe> I'll send to you both before I send it along 21:12 <~jokeefe> Agree with srevilak 21:12 <~jokeefe> thanks 21:12 <~jokeefe> Fostering Locals - Suggest a boston-area on-line meeting on 9/10. does that sound good? 21:13 < Joe> No objection 21:14 <~jokeefe> Does that work for you srevilak? 21:15 * srevilak checks calendar 21:16 < srevilak> I can do Sep 10th 21:17 <~jokeefe> good. thanks. 21:17 <~jokeefe> what time? noon-2pm? 11am-1pm? later? 21:17 < Joe> 12-2 seems to be a good time for these 21:19 < srevilak> 12-2 seems good 21:20 <~jokeefe> 12-2pm, then 21:21 <~jokeefe> Planning for 2023 Local Elections - started https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPP2023LocalElections for planning 21:21 <~jokeefe> Party Conference & Elections 21:22 <~jokeefe> Confirming 10/8 still works for the conference? 21:22 <~jokeefe> With elections a month later after the national election. 21:22 < srevilak> 10.8 is fine 21:22 < Joe> 10/8 I'm occupied 21:23 < Joe> I will see if I can make arrangements though, it's still a good distance off. 21:24 <~jokeefe> a week later? 10/15? 21:25 < Joe> Different set of challenges, I'll try to make it work for 10/8. 21:25 <~jokeefe> don’t want it to be too late as we bump up against the election 21:25 <~jokeefe> ok 10/8 21:26 <~jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast - still good for sunday? 21:26 < Joe> Aye 21:26 < srevilak> yes 21:27 <~jokeefe> ok. will schedule it tomorrow. 21:28 <~jokeefe> that is all I have. anything else? 21:28 < srevilak> Nothing here 21:28 < Joe> Motion to adjourn, I have a mountain of work still to do before sleep. 21:28 < srevilak> Will post transcript 21:28 <~jokeefe> 2nd 21:28 < srevilak> aye 21:28 < Joe> aye 21:28 <~jokeefe> night all!