August 28th, 2014 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search



  1. Update on candidate status, campaign strategies
  2. Meet with Evan Falchuk
  3. Freedom Rally
    1. Email
    2. Materials
  4. MIT Maker Faire, 10/4?
  5. Wikileaks 8th Birthday Party, 10/4?
  6. Donate computers?
  7. PirateCon 2015
    1. Survey


  1. Sep. 13-14 noon-8pm Freedom Rally, Boston Common Logistics facebook event
  2. Sep. 17, 6:30-9pm, Key Signing Party, MIT Building E-51, Room 325, Wadsworth Street, Cambridge
  3. Sep 19, 5p-9p. Citizens Rising: A Republic Held Hostage And The Plan To Take It Back
  4. Sep. 20, 9a-5p. Software Freedom Day. Industry Lab 288 Norfolk Street, Cambridge, MA. We're doing a cryptoparty from 10:30 - noon.
  5. Sep. 26th. DMC in-person meeting. 4pm?
  6. Sep. 26-29, Freedom Not Fear wiki
  7. Oct. 4, 9am-6pm, MIT Maker Faire
  8. Oct. 4, Wiki leaks birthday
  9. May 6, 2015, International Day against DRM.


  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA)
  • noe (Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville)
  • Kendra (Kendra Moyer Highland Park Mi)
  • Bluelustreak (Lucia Fiero)


  • davidd
  • zby


Candidate status

  • Noe - we have a sign making event on Sunday, and a stand out on 9/9
  • Joe - getting a few administrative items settled

Meet with Evan Falchuk

  • jokeefe will post a poll for an afternoon that works

Freedom Rally

  • Email - will post one on Mon/Tue
  • Materials - finish designs next wee

MIT Maker Faire, 10/4?

See if we can get a table

Wikileaks 8th Birthday Party, 10/4?

Exploring cupcakes at a restaurant in the evening after the MIT Maker Faire

PirateCon 2015

Survey - Looking to install limesurvey on our server


[21:00] <jokeefe> agenda at,_2014_IRC_Meeting
[21:00] <jokeefe> anything else you all want to add?
[21:02] == Kendra []
        has joined #masspirates
[21:02] <jokeefe> ids - James O'Keefe, Somerville
[21:02] <noe> Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville
[21:03] <igel> William Fleurant, Arlington
[21:03] <noe> I got sent an email from a SCATV producer asking for 15 to
        30s clips vouching for net neutrality:  its part of a call from Free Press
[21:03] <Kendra> Kendra Moyer Highland Park Mi
[21:04] <noe> If people feel like making clips and then sending them to
        me via email by Sept. 5, I will send them to SCATV to compile.
[21:04] <noe> (15s is practically a vine!)
[21:04] <igel> for sure
[21:04] <davidd> i liked noe and jamie on the tv show
[21:04] <davidd> i watched the whole thing
[21:05] <jokeefe> thanks, davidd
[21:05] <noe> aw, shucks!
[21:05] <igel> yeah wicked good
[21:05] <noe> jokeefe:  i can try to cut a bit out from appearance?
[21:05] <davidd> did they contact you or did you contact them?
[21:06] <jokeefe> sure
[21:06] <igel> noe is it part of ?
[21:07] <noe> checking . . .
[21:07] <igel> no worries, you mentioned somthin else earlier today
[21:08] <noe> Free Press maintains that it is separate, although they
        are often hanging out with people from
[21:08] <igel> aah, ok.
[21:08] <noe> ( for those who are interested)
[21:09] <igel> ....'Free Press for use in mid-September in DC'
[21:09] <jokeefe> noe, do you want to write a blog poat?
[21:09] <jokeefe> post?
[21:09] <noe> Technically, Free Press presents,
        but they seem to have different people doing different things instead
        of being all in one.
[21:09] <noe> sure!  masspirates or votenoelani?
[21:09] <noe> or both?
[21:10] <jokeefe> Kendra - agenda at,_2014_IRC_Meeting
[21:10] <jokeefe> 1. Update on candidate status, campaign strategies
[21:11] <jokeefe> Noe - we have a sign making event on Sunday, and a
        stand out on 9/9
[21:11] <jokeefe> Joe - getting a few administrative items settled
[21:13] <igel> hrm. im out friday til next week, damn.
[21:14] <igel> re between Grove St and bus stop by MBTA station
[21:14] <igel> noon to 2pm Sign Painting Party
[21:14] <jokeefe> we need people for the standout
[21:15] <noe> agreed.
[21:16] <jokeefe> Next - Evan Falchuk wanted to meet with us - I emailed
        out the dates to the list
[21:16] <noe> (world's shortest blog post text for free press vids
[21:16] <igel> in the morning, right?
[21:17] <noe> Ouch, I can't do those times.  Can I call in to say hi?
[21:17] <jokeefe> standout? we were thinking afternoon
[21:17] <noe> no, meeting with Evan.
[21:17] <noe> Falchuk.
[21:18] <noe> definitely at the standout
[21:18] <noe> holding five signs in each hand!
[21:18] <jokeefe> his schedule later could be more open.  we could
        suggest a time once we know who wants to go
[21:18] <jokeefe> noe, :-)
[21:22] <jokeefe> any opinion on dates?
[21:23] <noe> My schedule is loopy, so it'll be a toss-up if I can hang
        out with him, but I could call in, more than likely.
[21:23] <jokeefe> but later in the afternoon is better?
[21:24] <noe> yes, probably.
[21:24] == Bluelustreak
[] has joined
[21:25] <Bluelustreak> Hey
[21:25] <jokeefe> hi Bluelustreak
[21:25] <Bluelustreak> I was a little snoozy, oops
[21:25] <jokeefe> np, agenda at,_2014_IRC_Meeting
[21:25] <Bluelustreak> What I miss?
[21:25] <jokeefe> campaign update
[21:26] <Bluelustreak> Ever hear from Joe?
[21:26] <jokeefe> we are exchanging phone messages
[21:26] <jokeefe> We are talking about meeting with Evan Falchuk
[21:26] <Bluelustreak> Have you got to Falchuk yet?
[21:26] <Bluelustreak> derp
[21:26] <Bluelustreak> And what did "we" decide?
[21:27] <jokeefe> not mornings
[21:27] <jokeefe> Folks want to meet him?
[21:27] <Bluelustreak> Yes.
[21:27] <Bluelustreak> Very much
[21:27] <noe> Yes.
[21:27] <Bluelustreak> Tried calling in when he was on Mikes show they
        ran out of time
[21:28] <Bluelustreak> Wanna ask him why he sounds so much like Green
        but didn't just run as a green
[21:29] <Bluelustreak> Anyone else wondering that?
[21:29] <jokeefe> not really
[21:29] <igel> dunno
[21:29] <Bluelustreak> Hmf
[21:30] <noe> I would be interested to hear him answer that question.
[21:30] <Bluelustreak> Well we better both make sure we are there. When
        is this?
[21:30] <Bluelustreak> Please jokeefe?
[21:31] <jokeefe> haven't chosen a date
[21:31] <jokeefe> my inclination is after the 9th, since we have a bunch
        of things to do before then
[21:31] <noe> and probably after the 14th?
[21:31] <noe> have we chosen a date for the Touch interview?
[21:32] <jokeefe> I haven't.  Up to you and srevilak
[21:32] <Bluelustreak> You and Jamie? Just you?
[21:32] <Bluelustreak> Ah Steve cool
[21:32] <jokeefe> were going with Noe & srevilak
[21:32] <Bluelustreak> Awesome. So *we* get to chose when we meet Falchuk?
[21:33] <jokeefe> we can ask
[21:33] <Bluelustreak> This ia hypothetical then?
[21:33] <igel> i think falchuk wrote us?
[21:33] <jokeefe> Evan or Touch?
[21:34] <Bluelustreak> Falchuk
[21:34] <jokeefe> The vide I get for Evan, is people want to meet him
[21:34] <jokeefe> The vibe ...
[21:34] <Bluelustreak> OK cool.
[21:34] <jokeefe> I could put out a doodle poll for afternoon days,
        then suggest a few dates to his campaign.
[21:34] <Bluelustreak> We'll make it happen then.
[21:34] <noe> jokeefe:  were you going to let Charles know either 9/15
        or 9/22 or should I just email Charles?
[21:35] <Bluelustreak> FYI Charles may still be OOT
[21:35] <jokeefe> I think you should, if that works for you
[21:35] <Bluelustreak> So if you don't hear back that is why.
[21:35] <Bluelustreak> Took a trip from Nola to Belize.
[21:35] <jokeefe> nice
[21:36] <jokeefe> 3. Freedom Rally - post is up as is the FB event
[21:36] <Bluelustreak> We were going to make some event specific flyers
[21:36] <Bluelustreak> Pirate pad?
[21:37] <Bluelustreak> for contributions?
[21:37] <jokeefe> Was thinking of our position on Cannabis legalization
        and a sensible drug policy
[21:37] <jokeefe> Will put an email out Mon/Tue
[21:37] <Bluelustreak> Is that on the blog some wherz?
[21:38] <Bluelustreak> OK
[21:38] <Bluelustreak> I still need to design some stickers
[21:38] <jokeefe> Not sure it is on the blog explicitly
[21:39] <jokeefe> Sickers are good.  Simple two color, logo and text
        works for stickers
[21:39] <jokeefe> Bigger the text the better
[21:39] <Bluelustreak> two color you mean b&W
[21:39] <Bluelustreak> ?
[21:39] <Bluelustreak> Or b w & orange?
[21:40] <noe> Oooh, fancy!
[21:41] <jokeefe> The vinal usually has a color. Suggest black or white
        on orange
[21:41] <Bluelustreak> yes sir
[21:42] <noe> I think black on orange is very cool.  Bright psychedelic
[21:43] <Bluelustreak> I will work on it after the meeting.
[21:43] <noe> jokeefe, srevilak:  emailed Charles, we should hear back
        some time next week.
[21:43] <jokeefe> vibrant orange, but not too vibrant
[21:43] <jokeefe> thanks, noe
[21:44] <Bluelustreak> Finally asked Bry about his flag source, if any.
[21:45] <jokeefe> ooo flags!
[21:45] <jokeefe> We should settle on flier design/s next week
[21:45] <Bluelustreak> For FR?
[21:45] <jokeefe> Please talk up being at the booth for Freedom Rally
[21:46] <jokeefe> yes
[21:46] <Bluelustreak> Sure thing.
[21:47] <jokeefe> thank you
[21:48] <jokeefe> 4. MIT Maker Faire? 10/4 - Get a table?
[21:48] <Bluelustreak> Sounds like fun.
[21:49] <Bluelustreak> Last 10/4 was the Wikileaks "party" (sorry about
[21:49] <Bluelustreak> We could have cupcakes for Wikileaks
[21:49] <Bluelustreak> Better this time.
[21:49] == Kendra []
        has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds]
[21:50] <Bluelustreak> If we bring a pc/printer and my button maker,
        we could make ppl custom buttons as a courtesy/for fun
[21:50]  * igel askin around for the video clips noe, ill let you know
        as soon as i get em
[21:51] <jokeefe> We could have dinner on 10/4 and celebrate wikileaks
[21:52] <Bluelustreak> After the faire? Someplace nearby? That would
        be nice.
[21:52] <Bluelustreak> Better than nice.
[21:53] <Bluelustreak> We voting on the make space thingy?
[21:53] <jokeefe> yes
[21:54] <jokeefe> who wants to have a table at it, if we can get one?
[21:54] <Bluelustreak> I plan on getting out to as much as possible
        this fall.
[21:54] <jokeefe> I can be there for part of it
[21:55] <Bluelustreak> I need to hear from Joe about what stuff he would
        like to do locally.
[21:55] <Bluelustreak> I'm telling not asking him to stand out on the
        9th. I will too
[21:55] <Bluelustreak> As will Jason if he can get the time off
[21:56] <Bluelustreak> Hey Jokeefe did you ever find the small vinyl sign?
[21:56] <jokeefe> it is with the big vinal sign
[21:56] <jokeefe> found it at the march
[21:57] <Bluelustreak> OK I would like to get that from you.
[21:57] <Bluelustreak> If possible.
[21:57] <Bluelustreak> Not critical
[21:57] <jokeefe> noe left it in your car after the march in Boston, IIRC
[21:58] <Bluelustreak> Derp
[21:58] <Bluelustreak> Under all the crap that is still in my car.
[21:59] <Bluelustreak> Was a busy week
[21:59] <jokeefe> ok, good
[21:59] <Bluelustreak> zzzz
[22:00] <jokeefe> Update on the PirateCon 2015 survey - put in a request
        for the livesurvey account, but is old software, so srevilak updated my
        request to install it for us.  does that seem accurate srevilak?
[22:01] <jokeefe> well, I will touch base with him
[22:01] <jokeefe> we are at time
[22:01] <Bluelustreak> I had a thing
[22:01] <jokeefe> anything folks want to bring up or add to next weeks
[22:02] <Bluelustreak> Nope it's gone... Will bring it to the list
        when/if it occurs to me.
[22:02] <Bluelustreak> Motion to adjourn
[22:02] <jokeefe> 2nd
[22:02] <jokeefe> all in favor?
[22:02] <Bluelustreak> aye
[22:03] <jokeefe> aye
[22:04] <jokeefe> any opposed?
[22:05] <jokeefe> motion passes, night all