August 28th, 2019 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Party Conference

Party Conference is 9/21 at Encuentro 5

ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep

Regional Meetings

Leader: jokeefe

Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.

Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.

Freedom Rally Table

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

Computer Donations

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 9/3, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 9/10, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 9/13-15, Freedom Rally, Boston Common
  • 9/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 9/21, 9-6pm, Party Conference, Encuentro 5, Park Street, Boston
  • 9/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  • 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup

Participants

  • jokeefe
  • Joe
  • Ceynolds87
  • srevilak

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]

Summary

Picnic. One new person attended. Good food. Good conversations.

Conference. Planning information at https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep

Regional meetings. Hope to have some dates set before the conference.

Video Newsletter. Numerous schedule conflicts this week. Next one will be Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.

National Party. The US party has gotten an EIN. Waiting for the bank account to be set up.

Minutes

 
21:03 <@jokeefe> Agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/August_28th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
21:03 <@jokeefe> ids
21:03 < Joe> To me he seemed very intelligent and measured.
21:03 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:03 < Creynolds87> yes I agree
21:04 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:04 < Creynolds87> Christine, Haverhill
21:04 <@jokeefe> any changes to the agenda?
21:04 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:04 < Creynolds87> Christine Reynolds, Haverhill*
21:04 < Joe> Nay
21:04 < Creynolds87> no
21:05 <@jokeefe> Review
21:05 <@jokeefe> Lowell picnic
21:06 < Joe> We had one new person show, plus we touched upon a few
        topic of interest.
21:07 <@jokeefe> wonderful conversation and food
21:07 < Creynolds87> What about your employee? He seemed a little
        interested
21:07 < Joe> Including school systems and how much parents are relying
        upon them.
21:07 < Creynolds87> at least
21:08 < Joe> Yeah, but i talk about this stuff with him all the time.
21:08 < Creynolds87> And how we aren't going run that candidate for
        president at the national level lol
21:08 < Joe> The food really was good.
21:08 < Creynolds87> Have you talked to her yet Joe?
21:08 < Creynolds87> Yes it was delicious
21:09 < Joe> She was at the national meeting. We still have yet to
        decide tbh.
21:09 < Creynolds87> Oh okay, I know you had reservations about her
21:10 < Creynolds87> We all kind of did. I mean on one hand, running a
        candidate could grow awareness of the party, but its going to be A LOT
        of work
21:10 < Joe> Sent to the sab for review. During the meeting i stayed
        neutral. I do not think we are at the point yet to run a candidate
21:10 < Creynolds87> Okay
21:11 < Joe> We need to get the accounting and positions in order first.
21:11 <@jokeefe> aye
21:11 < Creynolds87> makes sense\
21:11 < Creynolds87> makes sense*
21:12  * Joe ponders the sense of it all.....
21:12 <@jokeefe> Nothing in Decisions/Endorsements, so skipping to
        Projects
21:12 < Creynolds87> Okay
21:12 <@jokeefe> unless there is more discussion on this topic?
21:13 < Joe> I have nothing but good memories and a fat belly
21:13 <@jokeefe> lol
21:14 <@jokeefe> Party Conference
21:14 < Joe> Probably maxed out my contribution for this year as well.
21:14 <@jokeefe> I setup a ToDo list -
        https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
21:14  * srevilak checked off a few todo items
21:15 < Creynolds87> For me coming up with the $10 is going to be
        rough. Everything got delayed with my benefits, so still no income
21:15 <@jokeefe> thanks
21:15 <@jokeefe> We never turn people away
21:15 <@jokeefe> unless they are fascists
21:16 <@jokeefe> I’ll add that to the page/posts
21:16 < Joe> We can accept your fees at a later date if that is acceptable
        to the council.
21:16 < Creynolds87> nice
21:16 <@jokeefe> volunteering is payment as well
21:17 <@jokeefe> Will get the rest of the announcements up soon
21:17 < Creynolds87> Then I just gotta figure out transportatoin
21:18 < Creynolds87> transportation*
21:18 <@jokeefe> Anyone have any ideas for someone to design a poster
        to put up?
21:18 < Creynolds87> Count me in, I'll keep you all posted
21:20 <@jokeefe> cool
21:21 <@jokeefe> Please put your names to any of the todo items
21:21 <@jokeefe> or add others that are not there
21:21 < Joe> Currently mobile and my phone doesn't support the pad. I
        will check it out when i can.
21:22 <@jokeefe> thanks
21:23 <@jokeefe> Regional Meetings - Haven’t heard any updates. Hope
        to have their dates set before the conference
21:24 < Joe> Lets try another one in Lowell for November.
21:24 < Joe> I will attempt to get the library again.
21:25 <@jokeefe> I am willing to drive out
21:25 < Joe> Though if possible i would like to make it more focused
        on security/crypto
21:25 <@jokeefe> Freedom Rally is 9/13-15. Do we want to setup a table
        on the common, perhaps with MassMesh folks?
21:26 < Creynolds87> I second that Joe
21:26 < Creynolds87> Sounds like a good idea @jokeefe
21:26 < Joe> Is it too late to get a table?
21:26 < Joe> Probably.
21:26 <@jokeefe> probably. also too expensive
21:26 <@jokeefe> but we can setup elsewhere on the common
21:27 < Joe> Sounds good.
21:27 < Creynolds87> Alright!
21:28 < Joe> Maybe we can do a bake sale!
21:29 <@jokeefe> Not sure we will get people to give their contact info
        for a brownie, but it cannot hurt
21:29 <@jokeefe> Will create a signup form and ask volunteers then.
21:29 < Joe> Ok, great
21:29 < Creynolds87> Great idea
21:30 < Creynolds87> If we can get some fliers for Piratecon done,
        we can hand them out at the bake sale, as well
21:30 <@jokeefe> yes
21:30 <@jokeefe> Pirate_Joe, will send you info the payment we need to
        make to E5
21:31 < Joe> I still have other thing we can give out/sell
21:31 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter
21:31 <@jokeefe> oh ok. what?
21:31 < Joe> This weekend is impossible for me
21:32 < srevilak> I'll be travelling for next two weeks
21:32 <@jokeefe> What other thing can we give out/sell?
21:32 < Joe> Those stickers. May as well sell them so we can get more.
21:32 <@jokeefe> oh, good idea
21:32 < Joe> Maybe at least get some of the cost back so we can continue
        to make more.
21:33 < Joe> A little more than cost and they will pay for other paper
        items
21:34 < Joe> Sell shirts instead of giving them away.
21:34 < Joe> Etc.
21:34 <@jokeefe> I’ll be driving my child to college, so this weekend
        won’t work for me. postpone to next week?
21:34 < Joe> The evening next weekend would be perfect.
21:36 < Joe> 630 pm ?
21:36 <@jokeefe> Sunday, Sept. 8th?
21:37 < Creynolds87> Sounds good to me
21:37 < Joe> Aye
21:37 <@jokeefe> fine by me
21:38 < Joe> SR?
21:38 <@jokeefe> SR?
21:38  * srevilak will be in indonesia
21:38 < srevilak> ($work)
21:39 <@jokeefe> hope you have a lovely time
21:39 < Joe> Ahhh, the lag would be real.
21:39 <@jokeefe> lol
21:40 <@jokeefe> Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) - meeting location is
        all set
21:40 < Joe> Ok, Sunday the 8th at 630pm
21:42 <@jokeefe> Pirate_Joe, would you talk about what the National
        Party is doing?
21:43 < Joe> There is not much this week. We have officially aquired an
        EIN but last i heard we are still waiting on the bank account.
21:43 < Creynolds87> Hey that's something!
21:44 <@jokeefe> one foot in front of the other
21:44 <@jokeefe> step by step
21:44 < srevilak> Agree with Creynolds87
21:44 < srevilak> It's good progress
21:44 < Joe> Jokeefe also sent out the updated bylaw with the new
        positions. If you could review them and respond i would appreciate it.
21:45 < Joe> Jokeefe also posted the notes to the wiki. Do you have
        a link?
21:46 <@jokeefe> https://wiki.pirate-party.us/PNC_08/26/19
21:46 < Joe> Last week our chair was absent so i filed in. Any pointers
        would also be appreciated especially if done privately. ^.^
21:46 <@jokeefe> wise
21:48 <@jokeefe> Computer Donations - might have found a nonprofit that
        rehabs pcs
21:48 <@jokeefe> will post more info once I find out
21:48 < Joe> Thats great.
21:49 < Creynolds87> Yes agreed!
21:51 <@jokeefe> That is all I have
21:51 < Joe> Motion to adjourn!
21:51 < Creynolds87> Aye
21:51 < srevilak> 2nd
21:51 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:51 < Joe> Aye
21:52 <@jokeefe> aye
21:52 < srevilak> aye
21:52 < Creynolds87> Aye
21:52 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:52 <@jokeefe> have a wonderful night you all
21:52 <@jokeefe> thanks srevilak
21:52 < Creynolds87> Thanks you too