August 2nd, 2015 Informal Discussion at the Pirate Picnic
Steve Revilak's notes:
While we were gathered around a picnic table, we started putting together a media calendar for the rest of the year. It's a rough schedule of things to talk about and things to blog about over the next few months. Here's a summary of what we came up with:
- September. Main event is Freedom Rally. Things to talk about include marijuana legalization, the war on drugs, mass incarceration, and police brutality.
- Oct. Main event is something (to be decided) with Cory Doctorow. Things to talk about include the war on general computing, free software, and freedom to innovate
- Nov. City elections take place in November. We aren't running any candidates, but we can do a kick off for the town and general elections in 2016. (i.e., we want you to run).
- Dec. Not sure. Have to look into what events are going on, or find something of historical significance to talk about.
Other things we discussed:
- The idea of putting out a printed newsletter or zine. Putting out (say) a short quarterly publication could be a useful way to reach people.
- The boston anarchist bookfair is usually held in the fall. Can we do a panel, or perhaps a cryptoparty?