August 7th, 2018 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Freedom Rally

  • Table?
  • Signup sheet (jokeefe)?
  • MeshNet site plan?
  • Other things to do: Day Against DRM, Survey, Map CCTV cameras

Day Against DRM

  • Working with FSF to set up a planning call

Party Conference

  • Set for 9/29
  • Site walk through
  • Setup pirate pad
  • Setup page
  • Setup Registration


Video Newsletter

Statements

  • Donate Your Vote campaign (jokeefe)
  • S.2823 - A bill to modernize copyright law, and for other purposes - posted. jokeefe will create petition
  • Free Reality Winner - Approved. jokeefe will write a statement
  • US S.1241 - Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, and Counterfeiting Act of 2017 - Approved our opposition to S.1241. Need statement (Joe)
  • MA Bill H.3641: An Act relative to electronic tolling - Approved our opposition to it. Past position is to remove the tolls on the Pike since it has long been paid for. Bill did not get out of committee (jokeefe)

Computer Donations

https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

Other To Dos

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Tech/Outreach

  • install a Matrix server (jokeefe)
  • email Loomio invite to supporters (jokeefe)
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Upcoming Events

Participants

  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • malt: samuel capradae, worcester

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:09pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/August_7th,_2018_IRC_Meeting
[9:09pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:09pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:20pm] malt: howdy
[9:20pm] malt: samuel capradae, worcester
[9:21pm] malt: sorry had to start dinner
[9:23pm] jokeefe: No worries
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:26pm] malt: no, sorry
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Freedom Rally
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Working on the sign up sheet
[9:28pm] malt: nice nice
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Will talk with mesh folks about the site plan
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Day Against DRM - Working with FSF to set up a planning call next week
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Party Conference - we are on for 9/29
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Site walk through this week hopefully
[9:31pm] malt:
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Working on the registration page and pirate pad to coordinate the conference planning
[9:32pm] jokeefe: Don’t have anything more. Trying to stay cool.
[9:32pm] malt: yeah it's been a shitshow
[9:33pm] malt: i've got some tech art showing in a gallery later this month
[9:33pm] malt: gonna have it running on a raspberry pi
[9:33pm] malt: our friends at resist marxism got driven out of providence in half an hour
[9:34pm] jokeefe: oh cool.  please send me a link to the exhibit details page
[9:34pm] jokeefe: yeah, they don’t stick around long if there are too many counter protesters
[9:34pm] jokeefe: how are things with you?
[9:41pm] malt: certainly
[9:41pm] malt: eh! life's been fairly chaotic moreso than usuual
[9:42pm] jokeefe: that sucks. hope it stabilizes in a good way
[9:43pm] jokeefe: are you going to the Worcester Pride Parade?
[9:43pm] malt: planning on it!
[9:44pm] jokeefe: hope it goes well
[9:45pm] malt: it's usually a big ole family friendly bank sponsored shindoig
[9:46pm] jokeefe: lots of groups?
[9:48pm] malt: not as many as the st pattys day but yeah
[9:48pm] malt: lot of political gladhanding
[9:49pm] jokeefe: should be a bunch of statewide candidates this year
[9:49pm] malt: i don't think any of our radical queer groups were going to protest
[9:49pm] malt: oh almost definitely, it's heating up
[9:49pm] malt: already seeing yard signs
[9:50pm] jokeefe: me too
[9:50pm] malt: that labeouff fellow from our meeting at the library has been canvassing my neighbor
[9:51pm] jokeefe: that makes sense
[9:52pm] malt: shall we call it early?
[9:52pm] jokeefe: sounds good
[9:52pm] malt: g'night buddy
[9:52pm] jokeefe: have a great night!
[9:52pm] malt: :-)