February 8th, 2022 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Elijah McGee -> PR/Media Director

Platform

Diversity Plank

Planks: https://github.com/masspirates/planks

Projects

Outreach

Leader: Malt

Starting monthly meetings. Next one will be Saturday, February 26th at noon.

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming Events

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • Malt (sam capradae, worcester)
  • Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)

Observers

  • davidd_
  • hvxgr
  • slerman

Summary

Endorsements (PR/Media director)

  • Elijah McGee is the Nashua regional lead.
  • We'll invite him to the next pirate news, invite him to join the activists lists, and/or set up time for interview.

Platform

  • We were working on the Diversity plank.
  • Goal is to have a final version by next week.

Pirate News

  • Usual Sunday schedule applies

Minutes

 
21:03 <~jokeefe> Agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/February_8th,_2022_IRC_Meeting
21:03 <~jokeefe> ids
21:04 <~jokeefe> Anything to add?
21:04 < Malt> i do not
21:04 <~jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:04 < Malt> sam capradae, worcester
21:04 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:04 < Joe> Platform stuff was for the PNC
21:04 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:05 <~jokeefe> oh ok. Thanks for clarifying.
21:05 <~jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:06 <~jokeefe> Elijah McGee asked to be considered for PR/Media
        Director. He is Nashua regional lead.
21:06 < srevilak> Would he be PR/Medial director for MAPP, USPP, or
        (say) the New England Region?
21:07 < Malt> i 2nd him
21:07 < Malt> if he wants to do the work bless his heart
21:11 < Joe> Jamie thinks he got disconnected
21:12 < Malt> oh!
21:12 <~jokeefe> sorry, i got disconnected
21:12 <~jokeefe> what did I miss?
21:12 < Malt> joe proposed
21:12 < Malt> i accepted
21:12 < Malt> we're on a plane to malta
21:13 < srevilak> I asked "Would he be PR/Medial director for MAPP,
        USPP, or (say) the New England Region?"
21:13 <~jokeefe> lol Malt
21:13 <~jokeefe> MAPP
21:13  * Joe goes to 1 knee
21:14 < srevilak> jokeefe: thanks for the clarification.  (I was just
        curious)
21:14 <~jokeefe> It is an important question
21:15 < srevilak> I've never interacted with Elijah, and will abstain
        from the vote
21:15 <~jokeefe> Should I setup an interview?
21:16 <~jokeefe> I suggested he join the activists list and introduce
        himself.
21:16 < Joe> Aye
21:16 < srevilak> Sounds reasonable
21:16 < srevilak> Once I've interacted, I will no longer abstain
21:16 <~jokeefe> should I setup a video chat?
21:17 < Malt> i could attend an interview
21:18 <~jokeefe> ok, I will talk with him about setting up an interview
        or at least having him introduce himself.
21:19 < Joe> See if wecan do it for the next video recording
21:19 < Joe> On Sunday
21:19 < Malt> yeah bring him on, let's run him through the gauntlet
21:20 < Joe> Nothing more open than that!
21:20 <~jokeefe> Platform
21:20 <~jokeefe> We were working on
        https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPForMoreDiversity
21:21 <~jokeefe> Sorry, but I haven’t had a chance to add to it.
21:21 < Malt> same :-/
21:24 <~jokeefe> Aim to have a final version next week?
21:25 < Joe> Sounds good. Though I don't think I can add much at this
        point.
21:31 <~jokeefe> Does the 19th sound like a good date to have people
        suggest discussion topics for the Moot on the 26th?
21:32 < srevilak> Sounds reasonable
21:32 < Joe> I am sorry folks, but I must bid you adieu.
21:32 <~jokeefe> have a good night
21:33 <~jokeefe> Pirate News Sunday?
21:33 < srevilak> Yes to Sunday
21:34 <~jokeefe> Malt: does that work for you?
21:35 < Malt> i should be back from VT hopefully
21:35 <~jokeefe> have a wonderful time
21:36 < Malt> i hope so!
21:36 <~jokeefe> That is all I have
21:36 < srevilak> Move to adjourn?
21:36 <~jokeefe> 2nd
21:36 <~jokeefe> all in favor?
21:36 < srevilak> aye
21:36 <~jokeefe> aye
21:36 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:37 <~jokeefe> thanks, srevilak