January 13th, 2021 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Statement on Impeachment

https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPImpeachmentStatement

National Party Bylaw amendment

The Outreach committee of the National Party has proposed adding the several changes to the party bylaws. All non-controversial changes were approved.

jokeefe, acting as Rep. in place of the existing reps, objected to:

 
Article III, section 3, 7
Each delegation shall be treated equally in all matters with an exception in the matter of nominations for President and Vice-President of the United States, wherein each delegation shall have a vote in a national convention weighted by its population in millions rounded up to the next whole million. In the case of the delegation representing a constituency that has a primary election wherein the pirate party has state ballot status, the delegation shall allot its votes to candidates in proportion to the results of the state’s primary.

The reasons are:

  • By basing state delegations on state population rather than party members in a state, we are using an unrepresentative metric for allocating delegates;
  • We are not close enough to running candidates for President and Vice-President, so there is no pressing reason to enshrine this allocation formula. Rather we should wait until we have a larger number of active states.

The state party should weigh in on this issue and make a final decision as to how Massachusetts should vote on this issue.

The reasons for this change are that this is how other parties have allocated their delegations and state population is valid metric by which to allocate delegations.

Projects

Goals for Q1 2021:

  • Organize meetups
  • Revise platform
  • Organize Fundraiser
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 1/17/2021, 7pm unless changed

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting is Feb 13, 11am-1pm on-line

Surveillance Mapping

  • Come up with a how to instructions
    • Paper - done
    • iPhone - done
    • Android
  • Come up with how to videos

Regional Meetings/Events

In-person events, including outdoor events, on hold until COVID-19 numbers go down.

Leader: jokeefe

2021

Boston Pride Festival

  • table booked
  • setup signup sheet
  • Announce
  • Need to purchase insurance
  • Need volunteer sign up form
  • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Campaigns

  • Free the Moderna Vaccine
    • Planning new event

Bills

Federal

  • EARN IT Act
  • PATRIOT Act renewal

State

  • Legislature extended session
  • Push to get Right to Repair bill to a vote.
  • Some of facial recognition moratorium is in the police reform bill

Computer donations

Platform Discussion

Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI
  • Post statement on Archive.org Suit
  • Post statement on our opposition to S.4051 - Lawful Access to Encrypted Data Act.


Tabled Projects

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
  • Sat., 2/13/2021, 11am-1pm, 'Democracy Meeting, on-line

Participants

  • malt: Sam capradae, Worcester
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • mikey
  • slerman

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:05pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/January_13th,_2021_IRC_Meeting
[9:05pm] Joe: yeah, I just went to pirateirc.net and clicked webchat: bad gateway
[9:05pm] jokeefe: yeah. looks like it isn’t likely to be fixed.
[9:05pm] jokeefe: use the kiwiirc.com link instead
[9:05pm] Joe: sadness
[9:06pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:06pm] malt: Sam capradae, Worcester
[9:06pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:06pm] malt: No for me
[9:06pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Statement on Impeachment?
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Got the title at https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPImpeachmentStatement
[9:08pm] Joe2 joined the chat room.
[9:08pm] Joe left the chat room. (Quit: -a- IRC for Android 2.1.59)
[9:09pm] Joe2: I would like to add Raft update
[9:09pm] Joe2: and demo
[9:10pm] jokeefe: sure
[9:10pm] malt left the chat room. (Quit: Ping timeout (120 seconds))
[9:11pm] malt joined the chat room.
[9:11pm] malt: Owp
[9:11pm] jokeefe: nextclient isn’t stable?
[9:11pm] malt: I got distracted
[9:11pm] malt: Bellingcat is archiving hella parler feeds
[9:12pm] jokeefe: no doubt
[9:12pm] malt: I want to see if the senate impeachment vote happens
[9:12pm] jokeefe: the Parler hack was imaginative.
[9:12pm] malt: Otherwise I'm not sure a statement is worth it
[9:12pm] malt: Ohh yeah it was glorious to see
[9:12pm] jokeefe: I think it will happen, but I am not sure they will get the votes they need
[9:13pm] malt: I am confident the establishment Dems are a little radicalized from this
[9:13pm] Joe2: I just hope this is not dragged on and on.....
[9:13pm] malt: It will be
[9:15pm] Joe2: They updated Raft to 10k now
[9:15pm] Joe2: So families in need will be able to apply to get the resources to pay the landlords.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Yes to a statement on the impeachment? We need a statement on the effort to get a Patriot Act 2
[9:16pm] malt: Ok, that's a valid point
[9:16pm] malt: I think rep. Omar released a statement on that specific concern
[9:16pm] Joe2: Yes to impeachment
[9:16pm] malt: Yes
[9:19pm] jokeefe: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPImpeachmentStatement
[9:22pm] malt: I will take a crack at it later
[9:23pm] malt: Probably after I wake up at like 4am unable.to.grt back to sleep
[9:23pm] jokeefe: thank you.
[9:23pm] jokeefe: I’ll add to it in the morning.
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Joe2 - we should do a statement on Raft to 10k?
[9:24pm] Joe2: or just raft in general
[9:24pm] Joe2: can you forward the link to malt?
[9:24pm] jokeefe: sure
[9:25pm] malt:
[9:26pm] jokeefe: sent
[9:26pm] jokeefe: are there any documents/links, or do I need to watch the video to get them?
[9:27pm] Joe2: its mostly just a watch
[9:27pm] jokeefe: ok. will watch it and write something. hope to have it posted by Friday.
[9:29pm] malt left the chat room. (Quit: Ping timeout (120 seconds))
[9:31pm] malt joined the chat room.
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter/Podcast - same bat time, same bat channel?
[9:31pm] Joe2: sounds good
[9:31pm] malt: Y'all seen that statement on job loss?
[9:32pm] malt: Apparently women have lost hugely in the pandemic
[9:32pm] jokeefe: no, what statement
[9:32pm] jokeefe: ?
[9:32pm] malt: Test
[9:33pm] malt: Sorry, lemme find the news article
[9:33pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:33pm] malt: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/08/economy/women-job-losses-pandemic/index.html
[9:34pm] jokeefe: ah yes.
[9:35pm] malt: This is just for December
[9:35pm] jokeefe: especially women of color.
[9:37pm] malt: Yeah it is STARK
[9:39pm] jokeefe: https://lbo-news.com/2020/12/08/employment-report/
[9:39pm] malt left the chat room. (Quit: Ping timeout (120 seconds))
[9:40pm] jokeefe: that is all I have for now. anything else?
[9:41pm] Joe2: Not at this time
[9:41pm] Joe2: Motion to adjourn?
[9:42pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[9:42pm] jokeefe: all in favor
[9:42pm] Joe2: aye
[9:42pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:43pm] jokeefe: have a great week. talk Sunday if not earlier
[9:43pm] Joe2: good night!
[9:43pm] jokeefe: will post the notes
[9:43pm] Joe2: ty
[9:43pm] Joe2 left the chat room. (Quit: Connection closed)