January 16th, 2019 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search



Define issue: Building Individual Autonomy and Control

Pirate pad


Goals for Q1:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Election Campaigns

Update Platform

Video Newsletter

Boston Sex Worker Petition


  • find discussion/voting system
  • update blog theme
  • update civicrm software
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)


Mesh Net


CCTV camera map

Other To Dos

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Computer Donations

On hold until next week - https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 1/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 1/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 1/30?, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts, 339R Summer Street, Somerville


  • igel[m]: william fleurant, arlington
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • Malt: Sam capradae Worcester


  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • davidd
  • Mikaela_Suomalainen
  • bonelesspepsi[m]




[9:08pm] Malt: Sam capradae Worcester
[9:08pm] Malt: I'm fine!
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/January_16th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:08pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:09pm] Malt: Nope, haven't managed to make any project progress this week
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Thanks for the update. Shall we skip the Building Individual Autonomy and Control issue?
[9:10pm] Malt: Sounds good
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings - I think I have someone to help with organizing the Boston meeting.  We’ll be talking soon.
[9:11pm] Malt: Oh nice
[9:12pm] Malt: Haven't setup anything for Worcester yet
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Boston Sex Worker Petition has over 100 signatures.  Working to get to 200.
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter - Are you around this long weekend?
[9:12pm] Malt: I think so,nothing I can recall offhand
[9:13pm] Malt: Are there fetish communities we could tap for support?
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Good idea. Let’s ask around.
[9:14pm] jokeefe: I’ll email Joe about when works for him.
[9:14pm] igel[m]: yello'
[9:14pm] igel[m]: william fleurant, arlington
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Ahoy igel[m]
[9:15pm] jokeefe: How did the mesh net meeting go?
[9:15pm] Malt: Welcome buddy
[9:15pm] igel[m]: ah went great. we saw new faces and shared successful pilot at boston hempfest
[9:16pm] jokeefe: cool
[9:16pm] igel[m]: went into testing new exit node tech, to 'productize' or streamline projects we're working on
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Looking forward to the next one.
[9:17pm] Malt: Neat
[9:18pm] jokeefe: That is all I have.
[9:18pm] igel[m]: agreed, a few other events were mentioned. being held in Mass too.
[9:19pm] igel[m]: was asked if we could submit some text regarding mass mesh efforts during talk -- https://nerdsummit.org/
[9:20pm] jokeefe: that looks cool
[9:21pm] jokeefe: Anything else or should we adjourn?
[9:21pm] Malt: I think demand will spike as public understanding of surveillance grows
[9:22pm] Malt: Sorry, I've been preoccupied this week 
[9:22pm] Malt: I'm good if y'all are
[9:22pm] jokeefe: The prospect of going to be early is most welcome
[9:22pm] igel[m]: nerd/tech is good, but privacy masking nerd/tect in a surveillance state is better 
[9:23pm] jokeefe: aye to that
[9:25pm] jokeefe: well then let’s adjourn. any opposed?
[9:26pm] Malt: Nyet
[9:27pm] Malt: Gnite!
[9:27pm] jokeefe: night