January 25th, 2016 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review & Decisions

Campaigns Status

Greater Boston Regional Convention

Based on the notes from our 12/19/16 meeting (https://masspirates.org/wiki/December_19th,_2015_Campaign_Planning_Meeting), here is my research into finding a space for the Greater Boston regional convention.




2016 Campaign

2016 Campaign Plan & Task Status

Pirate Pads:

  1. quick how to publicize and run a regional meeting document
  2. text for campaign site
  3. Post videos on:
    1. why run
    2. planning your campaign
    3. how to get on the ballot
    4. how to gather signatures

Event Planning

  1. early Feb, Regional Conventions
  2. June, PirateCon 2016

Upcoming Events

  1. 1/27, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty

Every Wed., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge


  • jokeefe: James O'Keefe, Somerville
  • Lulu: Lucia Fiero
  • igel_/igel: william fleurant, arlington ma
  • aquaticonions:
  • noe: Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville


  • davidd
  • Pharyngeal
  • zby



[9:02pm] jokeefe: agenda - https://masspirates.org/wiki/January_25th,_2016_IRC_Meeting
[9:02pm] jokeefe: ids - James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:04pm] Lulu: Lucia Fiero
[9:05pm] igel_ joined the chat room.
[9:05pm] aquaticonions joined the chat room.
[9:05pm] igel_ left the chat room. (Changing host)
[9:05pm] igel_ joined the chat room.
[9:05pm] • igel_ pinged out
[9:05pm] jokeefe: hi, igel_ & aquaticonions
[9:05pm] jokeefe: doing ids
[9:05pm] igel_: o/
[9:05pm] igel_: william fleurant, arlington ma
[9:05pm] igel_: hi
[9:05pm] jokeefe: also agenda - https://masspirates.org/wiki/January_25th,_2016_IRC_Meeting
[9:09pm] jokeefe: found some locations for a Greater Boston Regional Convention
[9:10pm] noe joined the chat room.
[9:10pm] jokeefe: ahoy noe
[9:10pm] jokeefe: https://masspirates.org/wiki/January_25th,_2016_IRC_Meeting#Greater_Boston_Regional_Convention
[9:10pm] Lulu: Ahoy Noe!
[9:10pm] noe: ahoy!
[9:10pm] noe: Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville
[9:11pm] jokeefe: srevilak, noe, and I agreed to track down a place
[9:12pm] jokeefe: 2016 Campaign
[9:12pm] Lulu: We assume Joe is running again.
[9:13pm] jokeefe: shouldn’t assume
[9:13pm] Lulu: Rather passive campainer but consistent
[9:13pm] Lulu: no...
[9:13pm] Lulu: I spoke to him
[9:13pm] Lulu: I will check in with him again.
[9:13pm] jokeefe: thanks, would be good to have one candidate at this date
[9:13pm] noe: thank you
[9:13pm] Lulu: I have to drive by his house to get radiation everyday… I should pay him a visit.
[9:14pm] Lulu: If I bring hims guft is that bribery?
[9:14pm] jokeefe: campaign planning meeting is saturday. suggested on the list moving it from regina pizzeria to my place.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: he isn’t a declared candidate or office holder, so shouldn’t be an issue
[9:16pm] noe: i think its a good idea to move it.
[9:16pm] noe: sadly, i am unable to attend this weekend, a funeral came up.  
[9:16pm] Lulu: I thiink Saturday is Joe’s BD
[9:17pm] Lulu: What time is the meeting?
[9:17pm] jokeefe: sorry to hear that noe.
[9:17pm] jokeefe: usual is 3-5pm, but could move it.
[9:17pm] jokeefe: want to do it soon to get the word out
[9:17pm] Lulu: Works for us.
[9:18pm] Lulu: Jason and me… We will offer to drive Joe if he doesn’t have BD plans.
[9:18pm] jokeefe: wouldn’t want to preempt his BD plans, but would be nice to see him.
[9:19pm] aquaticonions left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[9:19pm] Lulu: I’ll tell you said that.
[9:20pm] jokeefe: ok, will change the location in the announcement.
[9:20pm] jokeefe: and post tomorrow.
[9:21pm] jokeefe: BTW: the Somerville cryptoparty is Wed., 1/27 - https://masspirates.org/blog/2016/01/25/crypto-party-wed-127-6-9pm/
[9:22pm] Lulu: I’m pretty sure I can’t get to that.
[9:22pm] Lulu:
[9:22pm] jokeefe: no worries.  there are plenty of people who have it covered.
[9:27pm] jokeefe: writing the text for Email to our supporters to ask for candidates and regional organizers.  will have it out Wed.
[9:28pm] Lulu: Excellent.
[9:29pm] jokeefe: noe, have you been able to check on some of the locations for the Boston regional meeting?
[9:31pm] noe: not physically, sadly we've had people sick at work and ive had to stay late and do some weekend work
[9:32pm] jokeefe: yeah, awful things going around.  if you can call this week or get details on their website, it would be helpful.  Thanks!
[9:33pm] noe: i think cambridge public library is a no-go, it wants cambridge-based groups only
[9:34pm] jokeefe: ok, thanks
[9:34pm] noe: somerville and arlington public libraries seem like they could be okay, but scheduling could be tricky, like with all spaces
[9:35pm] noe: (free space!)
[9:35pm] jokeefe: yes
[9:35pm] Lulu: What about the watertown library?
[9:35pm] Lulu: too far west?
[9:35pm] noe: i will try to call around more this week.
[9:35pm] Lulu: I can call them if you like.
[9:35pm] noe: good suggestion:  i'll add it to the list
[9:35pm] aquaticonions joined the chat room.
[9:35pm] noe: if you could that would be awesome!
[9:35pm] jokeefe: thank you.  watertown would be ok, but not great for mbta
[9:36pm] Lulu: OK I will call… email the specifics things you want me to inquire about.
[9:36pm] jokeefe: hi aquaticnonions
[9:36pm] Lulu: I can hold off
[9:36pm] jokeefe: Lulu, would you be able to organize the regional meeting in your area?
[9:36pm] Lulu: by when?
[9:37pm] Lulu: What date are you looking to have it by?
[9:37pm] aquaticonions: hello again
[9:37pm] jokeefe: sometime in February
[9:37pm] aquaticonions: disconnected while I was helping my little bro w/ math hw, sorry
[9:37pm] jokeefe: back to discussing regional meetings. noe has checked on some spaces.
[9:37pm] Lulu: Mmm OK endish alright?
[9:38pm] Lulu: latish Feb OK?
[9:38pm] jokeefe: better that than march 
[9:39pm] Lulu: kk
[9:39pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:40pm] jokeefe: anything else others want to bring up?
[9:42pm] Lulu: yes
[9:42pm] jokeefe: fire away
[9:42pm] Lulu: Anything interesting going on with the Digital 4th meeet up
[9:43pm] jokeefe: haven’t been at the last two
[9:43pm] jokeefe: big focus on S.734
[9:46pm] jokeefe: anything else?
[9:46pm] Lulu: OK ty
[9:46pm] jokeefe: moved to a really nice cafe temporarily.  tasty food made on prem.
[9:47pm] Lulu:
[9:47pm] Lulu: Move to make the change permant
[9:47pm] Lulu: permenent
[9:47pm] Lulu: Sorry 3 convos going at once
[9:47pm] noe: yum
[9:49pm] jokeefe: noe, you should join us for lunch
[9:49pm] Lulu: You really should.
[9:49pm] jokeefe: anything else?
[9:50pm] Lulu: Jason is eager to host a meeting in Feb.
[9:50pm] Lulu: Getting fired up.
[9:50pm] jokeefe: cool
[9:50pm] Lulu: (talking to him in another window)
[9:52pm] jokeefe: motion to adjourn?
[9:53pm] Lulu: 2nd
[9:54pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:54pm] igel_: aye
[9:55pm] igel_: cya wed
[9:55pm] aquaticonions: aye
[9:55pm] Lulu: Gnight all
[9:55pm] Lulu left the chat room.
[9:56pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:56pm] aquaticonions: gute nacht
[9:56pm] jokeefe: good night all
[9:56pm] aquaticonions left the chat room. (Quit: Web client closed)
[9:56pm] jokeefe: I will get the notes
[9:57pm] noe: night!