January 30th, 2019 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q1:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Budget

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Regional Meetings

Election Campaigns

Update Platform

Video Newsletter

Tech/Outreach

  • find discussion/voting system
  • update blog theme
  • update civicrm software
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Statements

Mesh Net

Cryptoparties

CCTV camera map

Other To Dos

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Computer Donations

On hold - https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 2/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge

Participants

  • Malt: samuel capradae, worcester
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • davidd
  • Mikaela_Suomalainen
  • bonelesspepsi[m]

Summary

OCPF needs additional clarification on deposit, will be called tomorrow by Quartermaster.

The Quartermaster will have a completed budget done by the end of Feb.

Regional meetings will be held first in Boston Area in Feb, Lowell Area March, and Worcester area in April

Regional Meeting in Lowell submitted for location at the Pollard Public Library.

Pirate Regional meeting will be titled "Pirate Party Regional Meeting: Talk with fellow pirates, learn how to protect your privacy and run for office" for the purpose of consistancy. A brief description will be " A get together for Pirate Party members, supporters and interested residents to talk about furthering common issues, learn how to protect your privacy and how to make needed changes yourself!"

Next Pirate Video will be recorded a week from Sunday due to the Superbowl, GO PATS!

Tech and Meshnet outreach programs will continue on with a possible location in Lowell; other locations to soon follow.

Minutes

 


[9:02pm] Malt: samuel capradae, worcester
[9:02pm] Malt: hi guys
[9:03pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/January_30th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:03pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:03pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:03pm] jokeefe: ahoy Malt
[9:03pm] Malt: hi friends
[9:03pm] jokeefe: Anything to add to the agenda?
[9:04pm] jokeefe: <windy out there>
[9:04pm] Malt: nyet
[9:04pm] Malt: white out conditions on the drive back from the grocery!
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: Sry for the delay
[9:05pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:05pm] jokeefe: so New England. Glad you made it home safe
[9:05pm] Malt: like i never left vermont
[9:05pm] jokeefe: lol
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Skipping to Projects
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Anything on the budget, Pirate_Joe?
[9:06pm] Pirate_Joe: Yes
[9:06pm] jokeefe: great
[9:06pm] Pirate_Joe: We have a deposit of 450 cash the needs clarification
[9:06pm] jokeefe: was thinking we should have one finalized by End of February
[9:06pm] jokeefe: bit late I know
[9:06pm] Pirate_Joe: Well, we have collected a good start already from last year that went unused.
[9:07pm] jokeefe: when did we get $450 in cash that wasn’t itemized?
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe: plus we mostly operate through in-kind donations so it's pretty barebones
[9:07pm] jokeefe: yeah, need to get away from that
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe: It was in December
[9:08pm] Pirate_Joe: On the 31.
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Oh!
[9:08pm] jokeefe: That was Steve’s donation.
[9:08pm] jokeefe: not in cash. it was a check
[9:08pm] Pirate_Joe: I thought so but for some reason she had it filed as cash.
[9:09pm] Pirate_Joe: I promised to contact her on Thursday to clarify
[9:09pm] jokeefe: oh, ok. weird
[9:09pm] jokeefe: well know we know.
[9:09pm] Pirate_Joe: Currently we have 2003.90 available for use.
[9:09pm] jokeefe: thanks for bringing it up
[9:09pm] jokeefe: So we have money to spend on local events.
[9:10pm] jokeefe: good.
[9:10pm] Pirate_Joe: I'll put to gather a budget by the end of Feb with all expenses when my main pc is back up and running.
[9:10pm] jokeefe: shall we draft a budget by Valentines Day?
[9:10pm] jokeefe: that works
[9:10pm] Pirate_Joe: I will try to get it done asap
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Thanks!
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: <3
[9:11pm] Malt:
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Tbh, I'm not as concerned because the balance is growing not shrinking.
[9:11pm] jokeefe: yes, a good position to be in
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Boston Sex Worker Petition - we are at 128 signatures. will talk it up in next email anc.
[9:12pm] jokeefe: posting on social media. will put up a new blog post too
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
[9:13pm] Pirate_Joe: I recently secured a place in Lowell
[9:13pm] Malt: no progress on worcester, i have been swamped these weeks
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Boston-area one is coming along for Feb. JoeT is looking for a place. Will anc it in the next email. Aiming for Friday.
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter - Next one Sunday?
[9:14pm] Malt: this sunday i am busy hosting a party
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: https://lowelllibrary.org/services/meeting-rooms-study-rooms/
[9:15pm] Pirate_Joe: We can secure up to 2 meeting per year for free so long as it's open to the public
[9:15pm] jokeefe: which we are
[9:15pm] Malt: totally unrelated but i just found out i might be running a comedy article on the Something Awful frontpage
[9:15pm] jokeefe: good for you
[9:16pm] jokeefe: one off or a regular column?
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Pirate_Joe - are there openings in March?
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: I was going to try to convince a few local officals to speak at our event for how to run. Then spend the rest of the time making it a crypto-party.
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: Yes, the only draw back is that it will have to be on a Saturday.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: you could or we could teach them ourselves 
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: Why not both?
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Saturdays are good.
[9:17pm] jokeefe: It is your event.
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: It would serve us well to get the support of our local council
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: There are 9 seats in total
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: Even if I take one, that leaves 8 other seats so having local support will be a very good idea
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Sure, but this is for Pirates to talk amongst ourselves
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: Of course we will do that anyways. 
[9:19pm] jokeefe:
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Malt, what about Worcester in April?
[9:21pm] jokeefe: On other items - Mesh Net meeting last night was well attended.
[9:22pm] Malt: i can do april
[9:22pm] Malt: it'll be at the library again i suspect
[9:22pm] Pirate_Joe: I am taking the liberty of booking the room now for the 23rd
[9:22pm] Malt: the worcshop usually asks for money
[9:22pm] jokeefe: Pirate_Joe, 23rd of March?
[9:22pm] Pirate_Joe: Si
[9:22pm] jokeefe: We have money. How much do they want?
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Though I do like the Worcester Library
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Looks like next Somerville cryptoparty will likely be in March
[9:24pm] Pirate_Joe: Pirate Party Regional Meeting - How to run for office & Cryptoparty
[9:25pm] Pirate_Joe: What should I call the event?
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Pirate Party Regional Meeting: Talk with fellow pirates, learn how to protect your privacy and run for office
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Describe your event in detail?
[9:27pm] Pirate_Joe: Come learn what we are all about while learning to protect yourself online. You may even learn how to make needed changes yourself!
[9:27pm] jokeefe: A get together for Pirate Party members, supporters and interested residents to talk about furthering Pirate Party issues, learn how to protect your privacy and run for office
[9:27pm] jokeefe: ?
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: A get together for Pirate Party members, supporters and interested residents to talk about furthering Pirate Party issues, learn how to protect your privacy and how to make needed changes yourself!
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: hmmm
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: A get together for Pirate Party members, supporters and interested residents to talk about furthering common issues, learn how to protect your privacy and how to make needed changes yourself!
[9:29pm] jokeefe: sounds great!
[9:29pm] Malt: i like it!
[9:30pm] Pirate_Joe: Massachusetts Pirate Political Action Committee, correct?
[9:30pm] jokeefe: yes
[9:30pm] jokeefe: I believe there is a Party between Pirate and Political
[9:31pm] jokeefe: So we have Boston-area Feb, Lowell Mar and Worcester in April
[9:32pm] jokeefe: I don’t have any further updates
[9:33pm] Pirate_Joe: Ok, the request is in
[9:33pm] jokeefe: great
[9:33pm] jokeefe: good luck
[9:33pm] Pirate_Joe: I'll let you know if there is any issue but they are really nice.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: Libraries generally are.  Sharing is caring is their motto.
[9:34pm] Malt:
[9:34pm] Pirate_Joe:
[9:34pm] Malt:
[9:34pm] jokeefe: Pirate News? When is good to record?
[9:34pm] Pirate_Joe: The Pollard Memorial Library has a meeting room available for use by non-profit organizations, government agencies and unincorporated groups on a first-come first-served basis. Reservations may be made up to 60 days in advance. Outside groups may make up to two reservations in a six month period.
[9:35pm] Pirate_Joe: Sorry, just want to post that for the record as well.
[9:35pm] Malt: if it's going to be short, i'll be available earlier sunday
[9:35pm] Malt: wait no i won't
[9:35pm] jokeefe: we are a non-profit
[9:35pm] Malt: saturday earlier? friday?
[9:36pm] jokeefe: Saturday morning is possible
[9:36pm] Pirate_Joe: Unfortunatly I will not be available until Sunday night.....but that is the superbowl so lets plan on doing one next weekend
[9:36pm] Malt: ok
[9:36pm] jokeefe: duh
[9:36pm] Pirate_Joe: <3
[9:36pm] Pirate_Joe: Go PATS!
[9:36pm] jokeefe: good plan.
[9:36pm] jokeefe: if there is nothing else, shall we adjourn?
[9:37pm] Pirate_Joe: Tech outreach?
[9:37pm] Pirate_Joe: There is a bit more on the list. Did we want to finish?
[9:38pm] jokeefe: I dropped the ball setting up a meeting. I will get that done by Friday
[9:38pm] Pirate_Joe: Ok, If you want I'll do the notes
[9:38pm] Malt: congrats on your appointments both of you, btw
[9:38pm] Pirate_Joe: Both?
[9:38pm] jokeefe: um.. thanks?
[9:38pm] jokeefe:
[9:38pm] Pirate_Joe: Capt, did you sign up for more work as well?
[9:38pm] jokeefe: no
[9:39pm] Malt: i migfhtve misread something
[9:39pm] jokeefe: no worries
[9:39pm] Pirate_Joe: lol
[9:39pm] jokeefe: I sent so many national emails of late
[9:39pm] Pirate_Joe: Well, I would like to request both of you to join me on the national subcommittee for a brief period
[9:39pm] Malt: oh?
[9:39pm] Pirate_Joe: As well as Desmond
[9:39pm] jokeefe: Pirate_Joe - are there updates to the others items on the list?
[9:40pm] jokeefe: always willing to help
[9:41pm] Pirate_Joe: I was going to see of we could sponsor a mesh-net meeting in Lowell. I know just the place that it would really work well with.
[9:41pm] jokeefe: Pirate_Joe, I updated the minutes. if you were to update the summary, that would be great
[9:41pm] Pirate_Joe: As well as do general tech outreach if they go along with it, maybe run a hack-a-thon or something
[9:42pm] jokeefe: I am sure we could drive up for an event
[9:42pm] jokeefe: email it to the activists list and I am sure igel[m] will be able to help choose a date
[9:43pm] Pirate_Joe: I would like to bring the mesh-net people and Lowell makes people togather. I am sure it will do good things for our area.
[9:44pm] jokeefe: sounds good
[9:44pm] jokeefe: we have slides and routers to show off
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: That is all I have. I 2nd the motion to adjourn if we are still in agreement.
[9:45pm] Malt: niiiice
[9:45pm] Malt: ate
[9:45pm] Malt: aye
[9:45pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
[9:45pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:45pm] jokeefe: thanks. I’ll finish posting the minutes
[9:45pm] jokeefe: have a great night
[9:45pm] Pirate_Joe: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ai-assets/pollardml/policy_meeting_room_2014_02_1_orig.pdf
[9:45pm] Pirate_Joe: Add that to it as well
[9:45pm] jokeefe: k
[9:45pm] Pirate_Joe: That's the rules when/if we get the space
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe: Good night everyone.
[9:46pm] Malt: night
[9:46pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)