January 4th, 2022 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Platform

Planks: https://github.com/masspirates/planks

Working on a new plank:

Projects

Outreach

Leader: Malt

  • Setup local video meetups by region with people who said they were interested in organizing a local chapter
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Legislation

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming Events

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe, Somerville)
  • Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)

Observers

  • davidd_
  • hvxgr
  • slerman

Summary

Outreach. We'd like to resume monthly meetings. Next one will be Saturday Jan 22nd. noon.

Pirate News. As usual, we're on for Sunday 7pm US/Eastern

Minutes

 
21:02 <~jokeefe> ahoy
21:05 <~jokeefe> ahoy
21:06 < Joe> Ahoy
21:06 <~jokeefe> how are you all?
21:06 < Joe> Every day is a better day.
21:07 < srevilak> hi all
21:07 <~jokeefe> glad you are feeling better
21:07 < Joe> How was your holidays?
21:08 <~jokeefe> relaxing. well needed
21:08 <~jokeefe> you?
21:08 < Joe> That's great! And you Srevilak?
21:08 < srevilak> This evening, I learned from the internet that the
        youngest Icelandic MP is a member of the pirate party, and a student
        at Harvard.
21:08 < srevilak> Try again:
        https://twitter.com/jessekb/status/1478469111277568000
21:09 <~jokeefe> cool!
21:10 <~jokeefe> Would be good to reach out to them and see if they want
        to meet with fellow pirates (virtually, I expect)
21:11 <~jokeefe> BTW: Norton 360 includes a cryptominer
21:11 < srevilak> That is so, uh, wild
21:12 < Joe> Well,for me the holidays was an opportunity to look in and
        process all the things that made me into whom I am today. Decided to do
        everything necessary to make sure I do all the things I need to and set
        right the wrongs I havehad to deal with for so long.
21:12 <~jokeefe> Symantec gets a cut of course
21:13 <~jokeefe> good for you, Joe!
21:13 < Joe> That and make sure that I dedicate enough time to this
        organization which I hold so dearly.
21:13 <~jokeefe> Let’s start
21:13 <~jokeefe> Agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/January_4th,_2022_IRC_Meeting
21:13 <~jokeefe> ids please
21:13 <~jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:14 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:16 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:17 <~jokeefe> anything to add?
21:18 < Joe> Nothing big, but plan to spend some time at some point this
        year to go door to door.
21:18 < Joe> Maybe make it a monthly outreach.
21:19 <~jokeefe> sounds good
21:19 <~jokeefe> Platform
21:20 < Joe> Good thing to build up who we are.
21:20 <~jokeefe> We were working on
        https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/ReproductiveFreedomIsAHumanRight
21:20 <~jokeefe> I thought I might organize camera mapping outings in
        the winter, but today’s weather disabused me of that idea ;-)
21:21 < Joe> I still need to write up the planks we have for the national
        meeting. Mind if I piggyback the mass list too?
21:21 < Joe> Lol, yeah.
21:21 <~jokeefe> that is fine
21:21 <~jokeefe> just words
21:22 < Joe> Can we add door to door as an agenda item for next week
        moving forward?
21:23 <~jokeefe> why don’t we just roll it up under outreach?
21:23 < Joe> Sounds good.
21:25 <~jokeefe> I would like to restart the monthly video
        meetings. thoughts?
21:25 < Joe> Monthly?
21:25 < Joe> The video meeting?
21:26 <~jokeefe> that is what I was thinking
21:26 < Joe> Please elaborate?
21:26 < Joe> Instead of weekly?
21:26 <~jokeefe> we are also overdue for a yearly conference and elections
21:27 <~jokeefe> not replacing these meeting, just the monthly video
        meetings we did early last year
21:29 < Joe> Plus I have to get the yearly ocpf filing to get done.
21:29 < Joe> If you wantto
21:30 < Joe> I am sorry, the meeting or the pirate news?
21:30 < srevilak> Monthly (or bi monthly) virtuals would be okay with me
21:30 <~jokeefe> a meeting. the weekly IRC meetings and pirate news
        wouldn’t change.
21:31 < Joe> Ok, I am up for it.
21:31 <~jokeefe> Jan 29th?
21:32 < srevilak> I'm free Jan 29th
21:33 < Joe> I am not free on the 29th,22nd?
21:34 <~jokeefe> I am available on the 22nd. There is a democracy meeting
        on the 15th, though
21:39 <~jokeefe> Does that work for either of you?
21:39 < Joe> Aye
21:39 < srevilak> Yes
21:40 <~jokeefe> what time?
21:41 < Joe> Lets go for noon
21:41 < srevilak> that works
21:41 <~jokeefe> noon then. great
21:42 <~jokeefe> Pirate News recording Sunday, yes?
21:42 < srevilak> yes
21:42 < Joe> Yes
21:44 <~jokeefe> will schedule it, then
21:46 <~jokeefe> shall we adjourn a bit early?
21:47 < srevilak> sure
21:47 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:47 <~jokeefe> thanks srevilak
21:48 <~jokeefe> hope you all remain wel