July 12th, 2022 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Platform

Are we done for now?

Planks: https://github.com/masspirates/planks

Projects

Outreach

Leader: Malt

Meeting poll

Fostering Locals

Planning for 2023 Local Elections

Party Conference & Elections

September or October?

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming Events

  • Pirate Moot, Sat., July 23rd, noon-2pm, James's place
  • Pirate Moot, Sat., August 27th, 11am-2pm, Joe's place

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • Joe
  • dimitri

Observers

  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • slerman

Summary

Platform

  • Can't think of anything else to add right now
  • On hold for now

Projects

  • Generating some support for running in Muni elections
  • Conference tentatively for October 8th. Elections in Nov.

Minutes

 
21:04 <~jokeefe> Agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/July_12th,_2022_IRC_Meeting
21:05 <~jokeefe> ids
21:05 <~jokeefe> Anything to add?
21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:05 < srevilak> Nothing to add to the agenda
21:06 <~jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:06 <~jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:07 <~jokeefe> Do we have any more we need to add to the platform or
        should we put it aside for now?
21:08 < srevilak> I can't think of anything else to add
21:08 <~jokeefe> nor I
21:08 <~jokeefe> on hold then
21:09 <~jokeefe> I will post the last plank tomorrow
21:10 < srevilak> sounds good
21:11 <~jokeefe> Projects
21:12 <~jokeefe> will remind people of the meeting poll
21:12 < srevilak> ok
21:13 <~jokeefe> Municipal elections start next year. We should prepare
        for them.
21:14 < srevilak> agreed
21:15 <~jokeefe> first we need to foster locals
21:18 <~jokeefe> thoughts on first steps and goals?
21:18 < srevilak> I suppose finding candidates.  Would it be worth doing
        a run local workshop or two?
21:19 <~jokeefe> I think so
21:20 <~jokeefe> what over trainings?
21:20 < srevilak> Over trainings?
21:21 <~jokeefe> other trainings
21:21 < srevilak> Ah :)
21:21 < srevilak> Could try for one in the Cambridge/Somerville area,
        and maybe one in Worcester
21:22 < srevilak> We have to get Malt to run :)
21:23 <~jokeefe> ahoy Joe
21:23 < Joe> Sorry for the late
21:23 < Joe> Ahoy
21:23 < srevilak> Hi joe
21:23 <~jokeefe> no worries
21:23 < Joe> Hi Steve
21:23 <~jokeefe> thought you might be busy
21:24 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:24 < srevilak> we're talking about drumming up interest in the next
        round of muni elections
21:24 <~jokeefe> we can always to on-line trainings
21:24 <~jokeefe> starting locals as a first step
21:25 < Joe> This time has become more difficult for me due to a family
        situation but not impossible
21:25 < Joe> Also, attended ppi today
21:25 <~jokeefe> how was that?
21:26 < Joe> It was good but I am still only observing for the time being.
21:27 < Joe> They were looking for a Treasurer volunteer and to my
        fortune one stepped up.
21:28 <~jokeefe> yes, you have a lot of your plate
21:28 < Joe> Especially since I  currently broken
21:28 < Joe> I broke my arm a little over a week ago.
21:28 <~jokeefe> ?
21:28 <~jokeefe> ah
21:28 <~jokeefe> sorry
21:29 < Joe> It was just from me being dumb. I appreciate it though.
21:29 < srevilak> Sorry to hear that
21:30 < Joe> It makes my life more difficult but not impossible.
21:31 <~jokeefe> ahoy dmitri
21:32 < Joe> So what is the story about the muni elections?
21:33 < dmitri> jokeefe hi there!
21:33 <~jokeefe> town elections are the first half of 2023. city elections
        the second half
21:33 < Joe> And when should I expect to withdraw from Treasurer so I
        can got for state representative?
21:33 < Joe> 2024?
21:34 < Joe> Ahoy dmitri!
21:34 <~jokeefe> depends when you want to announce. could wait until
        Feb 2023
21:35 <~jokeefe> can start gather signatures mid Feb 2023
21:36 < Joe> Sounds good actually.
21:37 < Joe> I should be good company wise by then.
21:37 <~jokeefe> hopefully
21:37 <~jokeefe> first local, then state elections
21:38 < Joe> The silver lining in me breaking my arm is the reality that
        my men can hold it down and only need my people skills. It's about time
        to take the next step.
21:38 <~jokeefe> Also, we should have a party conference and elections
        before the end of the year
21:39 < Joe> Want to be the Treasurer? ^
21:40 < Joe> ^.^
21:40 < Joe> Also, did we lose Malt?
21:40 <~jokeefe> was thinking September or October
21:41 <~jokeefe> he is busy
21:41 <~jokeefe> It has been awhile since we had elections and we need
        to rectify that
21:42 < Joe> How about the end of August?
21:42 <~jokeefe> Could go conference September or October then elections
        November
21:42 < srevilak> That works
21:42 <~jokeefe> August seems too soon
21:45 < Joe> August is good for me for that moot. We are getting ready
        for it now.
21:45 <~jokeefe> good
21:46 <~jokeefe> I need to push the July moot back to the following
        weekend
21:47 <~jokeefe> also, I plan to have remote considering covid numbers
21:48 <~jokeefe> have it remove that is
21:49 < Joe> We can do it remotely. Possibly doing it on bbb
21:49 <~jokeefe> yes
21:52 < Joe> Sorry if I sidetracked the meeting.
21:53 < srevilak> Usual time Sunday night?
21:53 <~jokeefe> What about early October for the conference and election
6 weeks later?
21:53 <~jokeefe> for recording, pirate news? sounds good
21:54 < Joe> I will have a difficult time with this one, I have my eldest
        this week
21:54 < Joe> Also, conference sounds good.
21:56 < srevilak> anything else for tonight?
21:56 <~jokeefe> October 8th is our regularly scheduled pirate moot so
        that would be a good time to have the conference
21:56 <~jokeefe> sound good?
21:57 < srevilak> yep
21:57 < Joe> Would you both be able to do pirate news without me?
21:57 < Joe> Yes
21:57 < srevilak> We got your back
21:57 < Joe> Ty
21:57 <~jokeefe> we will be good. will miss you though
21:58 <~jokeefe> October 8th then. we can discuss time next meeting
21:58 < Joe> Ty
21:58 < Joe> Motion to adjourn?
21:58 <~jokeefe> as srevilak noted: anything else to discuss?
21:58 < srevilak> nothing here
21:59 <~jokeefe> 2nx
21:59 <~jokeefe> 2nd
21:59 <~jokeefe> all in favor?
21:59 < Joe> Aye
21:59 < srevilak> aye
21:59 < srevilak> will post transcript
22:00 < Joe> Gnight!