July 22nd, 2020 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Condemnation of Use of Federal LEOs in Portland and elsewhere

Discussion Pad

Projects

Goals for Q3 2020:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed

Boston Sex Worker Event

Tentative Red Umbrella day on July 25th or Aug 22nd. JoeO send dates around for feedback.

Computer donations

Regional Meetings/Events

All meetings on hold due to Covid-19.

Leader: jokeefe

  • Boston (jokeefe)
  • Worcester (Malt)
  • Lowell (Joe)
  • Boston Pride Festival (emailed them that we transferred our table to 2021)
    • table booked
    • setup signup sheet
    • Announce
    • Need to purchase insurance
    • Need volunteer sign up form
    • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Bills

No clue where things are now due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Right to Repair

  • out of committee
  • next email will urge supporters to call their state senator/rep. and urge them to support it
  • see if people willing to setup meeting with reps.

Facial Recognition and other bills still in committee.

Platform Discussion

Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI
  • Conference survey
  • Statement on Archive.org Suit
  • Statement on Extending the Eviction Moratorium
  • Statement on Right to Repair bill
  • Statement on RCV ballot initiative being on the ballot

Tabled Projects

National Party

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • Summer 2020, ?, Boston Meetup
  • Summer 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
  • Summer 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Culture House, Harvard Square
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNe Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 5/?, 2pm-4pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, on-line

Participants

  • jokeefe
  • srevilak
  • Malt
  • Joe

Observers

  • davidd
  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • mikey

Summary

Federal LEOs in Portland (and elsewhere). Draft https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/TrumpPolice. Malt to fine tune.

Pirate News recording. Sunday 7pm.

Minutes

 
21:07 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
       https://masspirates.org/wiki/July_22nd,_2020_IRC_Meeting
21:07 <@jokeefe> ids
21:07 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:07 <@jokeefe> anything to add?
21:07 < Joe> Best conversation so far today was with a old guy in a
       maga hate.  It was good until he realize I don't support trump either.
21:07 < Joe> I'm down in CT
21:08 < Malt> sam capradae, worcester
21:08 < Malt> nothing from me
21:08 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Hartford, CT
21:08 <@jokeefe> sorry, didn’t get the documents to you, Joe
21:08 < Joe> No worries, I raided a Walmart for art supplies.
21:09 < Joe> I now have a poster that reads, "A two party system is
       terrible, change my mind"
21:09 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:10 <@jokeefe> Condemnation of Use of Federal LEOs in Portland and
       elsewhere
21:10 < Joe> Aye
21:10 <@jokeefe> I started on
       https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/TrumpPolice
21:10 < Malt> hard aye
21:11 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:13 < Malt> we can probably finish the statement after the meeting
21:14 <@jokeefe> that would work
21:14 -!- Joe [~Joe@gateway/webchat] has quit [Ping timeout: 258 seconds]
21:14 -!- Joe [~Joe@gateway/webchat] has joined #masspirates
21:15 <@jokeefe> all in favor of posting a statement?
21:15 < Malt> aye
21:15 < Joe> aye
21:16 <@jokeefe> aye
21:16 <@jokeefe> Malt would you have time to make sure the statement
       is finished?
21:16 < srevilak> aye
21:16 < Malt> yup
21:16 <@jokeefe> any opposed?
21:17 <@jokeefe> Thanks, Malt
21:17 < Malt> B) i'll give em what's for
21:17 <@jokeefe> :-)
21:19 <@jokeefe> motion passes
21:19 <@jokeefe> Projects
21:19 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast
21:19 <@jokeefe> Sunday, 7pm recording?
21:20 -!- Joe [~Joe@gateway/webchat] has quit [Ping timeout: 258 seconds]
21:20 -!- Joe [~Joe@gateway/webchat] has joined #masspirates
21:20 < Malt> moght be out of town
21:20 < srevilak> I'm available
21:21 < Joe> I should be available.
21:21 < Malt> deffo no need to wait on me
21:22 <@jokeefe> hope you have a good time, Malt
21:22 < Malt> thanks! gonna hang out in a bog again
21:22 <@jokeefe> watch out for the leaches
21:22 <@jokeefe> Sunday, 7pm it is
21:23 <@jokeefe> Boston Sex Worker Event - any update?
21:23 < Joe> I did not reach Desmond, did you?
21:24 <@jokeefe> I have not. I can email him.
21:24 < Joe> Would you mind? It keeps slipping my mind.
21:25 <@jokeefe> No worries. I will.
21:26 <@jokeefe> Would September be a good time to go surveillance
       camera mapping?
21:26 <@jokeefe> Could do Worcester in October
21:26 < Joe> And October
21:26 < Malt> might work
21:27 <@jokeefe> Let’s find some dates in the next few weeks
21:28 <@jokeefe> Computer donations
21:29 < Joe> Steve, did you talk to the person that wanted to donate more?
21:30 < Malt> from the youth hostel?
21:31 < Joe> I thought there was some discussion on it from our
       pre-podcast meeting and wanted to mention it here.
21:31 <@jokeefe> thanks
21:32 < Joe> But we can cross that bridge another day.  I will shoot my
       contact an email right after this meeting to get an updated list of what
       they are looking for.
21:33 <@jokeefe> that would be good as it would allow us to ask again
21:33 < Joe> That's all I have currently.
21:34 < Malt> same here
21:35 <@jokeefe> Going to send another email today for the other bills
21:35 <@jokeefe> But that is all I have as well
21:36 <@jokeefe> Shall we adjourn then?
21:36 < Malt> it's gettin real bad, boyos
21:36 < Joe> Aye
21:36 < Malt> sure
21:36 < srevilak> Joe: yes, spoke with fellow at Hostel.  Will do a
       pickup from him a week from Saturday.  On 8/1
21:36 < Malt> that slaps
21:36 <@jokeefe> thanks
21:37 <@jokeefe> Nearly four million COVID-19 infections
21:37 < Malt> jesus
21:37 < Joe> ty Srevilak
21:38 <@jokeefe> we are done, then. thanks all. Looking forward to
       talking with you Sunday.
21:39 < Malt> night buds, stay safe all
21:39 -!- Malt [~Malt@gateway/webchat] has quit [Quit:
       https://webchat.pirateirc.net/]
21:39 <@jokeefe> you too
21:39 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:39 <@jokeefe> thank you