July 25th, 2013 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Agenda

  1. Events
    1. 8/3 Pirate Picnic, noon+ - Georges Island, Boston Harbor
    2. 8/4 BRICnic, 3-8pm - Boston - Need a speaker
    3. NH Pirates March For LGBT Equality!!!!, noon - Seabrook, NH
    4. 8/24 CryptoParty, 1pm - 3pm - e5, Boston - 9 Hamilton Place at Park st next to the Orpheum
  2. Post-convention tasks
  3. Brainstorm the task list for the 2014 elections & prep for Sunday General Meeting: http://piratenpad.de/SKwdoMqk26

Participants

  • jokeefe, James O'Keefe, Somerville
  • srevilak, Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
  • Bluestreak, Lucia Fiero
  • Kendra, Kendra Moyer, Arlington
  • gregg, Gregg Housh, Malden, MA
  • Kendra, Kendra Moyer, Arlington
  • js0000, john saylor south waltham massachusetts
  • Igel, William Fleurant, Arlington
  • MasterGunner
  • GarretK
  • kate_m
  • JCFiero

Observers:

  • brendan_kidwell

Summary

Events

Post Convention Tasks

srevilak is talking with MM to get copies of his videos

Planning

Updated the 2013/2014 task list to group things into 2 month long jogs.

Sunday Agenda

  • Gregg's organizational tool demo,
  • Kendra talking about Seamus' response to our endorsement questions
  • Planning how we will get a majority of the legislature in 2014
  • Developing platform, media & campaign strategy for Joe

Meeting Minutes

21:02 < jokeefe> hi all
21:02 < Bluestreak> Geez I wish I knew what that meant cjdns
21:02 < jokeefe> http://masspirates.org/wiki/July_25th,_2013_IRC_Meeting
21:02 < jokeefe> Agenda
21:02 < js0000> hi
21:02 < Bluestreak> Hey, James!
21:02 < Igel> need server links in north east of boston and eu major .de hubs
21:02 < jokeefe> starting with ids - James O'Keefe, Somerville
21:02 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
21:02 < Igel> nees scripters, pref node.js 
21:02 < Bluestreak> Lucia Fiero
21:03 < Kendra> Kendra Moyer, Arlington
21:03 < gregg> Gregg Housh, Malden, MA
21:03 < Bluestreak> (Fuck yeah!)
21:03 < Joe> Joe Guertin, Bellingham
21:03 Igel [~igel@82.211.rt.knz] requested CTCP VERSION from #masspirates: 
21:03 < Joe> Greetings everyone
21:03 <+davidd> David van Deijk, Eindhoven, Netherlands
21:03 < Bluestreak> Hey, Joe!
21:03 < js0000> john saylor south waltham massachusetts
21:04 < Bluestreak> Hi John!
21:04 < js0000> hola
21:05 < Igel> William Fleurant, Arlington
21:05 < js0000> Igel: don't have a ton of time, but have some experience with node.js
21:05 < gregg> I would like to state for the record that I am eating an awesome Sonic Blast (Oreo) and it is glorious.
21:05 < Igel> nick dont lie js0000 
21:05 < Bluestreak> LOL and I am drinking Pinot Grigio.
21:05 < Bluestreak> Cheers
21:06  * js0000 laughin
21:06 < jokeefe> ok, upcomingevents
21:06 < Bluestreak> Hello dahlink
21:06 < jokeefe> Want to remind folks about the 8/3 Pirate Picnic at Georges Island
21:07 < Bluestreak> We will be there!
21:07 < Igel> js: https://github.com/noway421/cjdmaid.git
21:07 < jokeefe> yay!
21:07 < Bluestreak> You know you want to go, too!
21:07 < MasterGunner> Saturday?
21:07 <+davidd> is george orwell day still happening?
21:07 < gregg> event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1397130737167875/
21:07 < Bluestreak> Yes but...
21:07 < Bluestreak> I want to take my kid to Comic Con
21:07 < Bluestreak> And with the GI trip, 8/4 will be my only chance
21:08 < Igel> msg me to start the piratemesh.net revolution from clearnet
21:08 < Bluestreak> Matthew asked me to speak specifically, and I dodged him
21:08 < jokeefe> It will be a busy weekend - 8/4 BRICnic, Boston
21:08 < Bluestreak> OK Igel
21:08 < Igel> haa <g> 
21:08 < jokeefe> we need a speaker for the 8/4 event
21:08 < Bluestreak> Who can speak?
21:08 < Bluestreak> No!
21:08 < Kendra> Are the Mass Pirates putting in an appearance at Comic Con?
21:09 < Bluestreak> Um... yeah
21:09 < jokeefe> We have flyers Kendra
21:09 < Bluestreak> I will flyer too
21:09 < Bluestreak> I have plenny
21:09 < jokeefe> thanks Bluestreak
21:09 < Bluestreak> in my CAH
21:09 <+davidd> forgive me for asking, i have seen several comic con stuff on the webs, in which town is it?
21:09 < Bluestreak> Boston!
21:09 < jokeefe> hey GarretK, you going to the BRICnic?
21:09 < Bluestreak>  It was postponed due to MARTIAL LAW
21:09 < GarretK> No
21:10 < Bluestreak> Aw!
21:10 < GarretK> I work Sundays
21:10 < gregg> Good evening GarretK 
21:10 < Bluestreak> BRICs is Sunday G
21:10 < Bluestreak> OK
21:10 < Bluestreak> Sry
21:10 < GarretK> It's ok. :(
21:10 < Bluestreak> </3
21:11 < Igel> ok
21:11 < srevilak> I should be able to make BRICnic
21:11 < Bluestreak> LOL Bricnic
21:11 < Igel> hi srevilak 
21:11 < jokeefe> would you be able to speak, srevilak?
21:11  * srevilak waves to everyone
21:12 < Bluestreak> Yes pls Steve!
21:12 < Bluestreak> Do say a few words!
21:12 < srevilak> sure -- what am I talking about ?
21:12 < Bluestreak> Tell Matt you will
21:12 < Bluestreak> Um...
21:12 < Bluestreak> What you posted about is good
21:12 < jokeefe> See https://www.facebook.com/events/197863173706689/
21:12 < Bluestreak> Pls FB Steve. I want to tag you in my pics
21:13 < srevilak> Bluestreak: fuggno
21:13 < jokeefe> 4th Amend issues / Boston Regional Intelligence Center / picnic
21:13 < Igel> whes the crypto thing
21:13 < Bluestreak> LMAO!
21:13 < Bluestreak> <3
21:13 < Igel> jokeefe: i first saw a post for the crypto party on highland ave som
21:13 < js0000> i thought it was in chinatown
21:14 < Igel> (advertised)
21:14 <+davidd> when would that crypto party be?
21:14 < jokeefe> where, lgel?
21:14 < Igel> aah we need a bench?
21:14 < Igel> for this?
21:15 < srevilak> Between my schedule, E5's calendar, and prior discussions, Aug 24th looks like a good date
21:15 < srevilak> (for a workshop-oriented crypto party)
21:15 < srevilak> If no objections, I will book the time
21:15 < Bluestreak> Yay the 24th works for us
21:15 < Igel> ok
21:15 < jokeefe> What time, srevilak?
21:16 < srevilak> It's a saturday - maybe early afternoon.  13--15-ish?
21:16 < Igel> am i missing where?
21:16 < srevilak> Igel: http://www.encuentro5.org
21:16 < Bluestreak> 1 pm is a good time
21:16 < Kendra> 9 Hmailton place at park st next to the orpheum
21:16 < Bluestreak> Lets ppl sleep in!
21:16 < Bluestreak> TY K
21:16 < Kendra> Is 1pm too early?
21:16 < Joe> I'm back someone just showed upa at my door
21:17 < Bluestreak> IDTS
21:18 < Kendra> I understand the second acronym , but what does TY K mean?
21:18 < gregg> thank you kendra
21:18 < gregg> (for the address I assume)
21:18 < Kendra> Sorry, hard to follow
21:19 < Bluestreak> Thank you kendra
21:19 < Kendra> You are very welcome.
21:19 < Bluestreak> :-)
21:19 < jokeefe> last event - anyone able to go to NH Pirates March For LGBT Equality!!!! on the 5th?
21:19 < js0000> have some more pinot ...
21:20 < srevilak> We have cryptoparty on E5's calendar for Aug 24th, 1-3pm
21:20 < js0000> nice!
21:20 < Igel> ah was still looking
21:20 < jokeefe> hi kate_m
21:20 < kate_m> hey, sorry I'm late
21:20 < jokeefe> np
21:21 < GarretK> you're fired
21:21 < GarretK> off the plank
21:21 < GarretK> ;)
21:21 < js0000> we're still here, so you're not late at all ...
21:21 < jokeefe> Just a reminder the general meeting is this Sunday - https://www.facebook.com/events/1397130737167875/
21:21 < Kendra> I wanted to add an event once I get a date.  My BDay is wed August 28 and I am having aparty some where either the following weekend. I will let y'all know.
21:21 < Bluestreak> OMG we are SO there.
21:22 < GarretK> bullhorn?
21:22 < jokeefe> thanks, Kendra
21:22 < GarretK> ...for your party? :P (ok, sorry. carry on...)
21:22 < jokeefe> srevilak, any luck on getting the videos of the conference?
21:24 < jokeefe> Bluestreak, thanks for the video of Alex's talk
21:24 < Bluestreak> Hey, baby!
21:24 < jokeefe> thanks also JCFiero for the video of Alex
21:24 < Bluestreak> I shoulda posted sooner!
21:24 < Joe> My windows was corrupted and had to reformat so I lost anything I had
21:24 < Bluestreak> I thought Maurice would get to it!
21:24 < Joe> I don't think I had much video/audio footage anyways
21:24 < js0000> Joe: ouch [windows sux!]
21:25 < gregg> Joe: that ever happens again reach out to me. I did data recovery for a living for a bit. I still have most of the stuff I need to get data back.
21:25 < srevilak> jokeefe: spoke with Maurice.  Need to find a time to hook up.  About 20GB to copy
21:25 < Bluestreak> I have video of you talking Joe. 
21:26 < jokeefe> thanks srevilak
21:26 < Bluestreak> Well, guess what MM we are done!
21:26 < JCFiero> Hi, its the only footage with  decent sound that I recorded ..the other footage would have to be edited together with Maurice's video/audio
21:26 < Joe> I will def have to let you guys know. Unfortunately I needed my computer back up and running so I had to just reformat it and say screw it
21:26 < srevilak> In the short term, my schedule is probably the limiting factor, unfortunately
21:27 < jokeefe> lets talk, I might be able to drop in and get them.
21:27 < Joe> I can definitely edit it together, I should have after effects installed tomorrow
21:27 < srevilak> ok.  thanks jokeefe 
21:27 < Bluestreak> I will drop box it to you Joe for final approval. OK?
21:27 < jokeefe> I think the only video we are missing is the Gov. power in 2020 talk
21:27 < Bluestreak> Hmmm...
21:27 < Joe> Sure just drop box it and let me know
21:28 < JCFiero> I didnt start recording until after lunch
21:28 < jokeefe> Last on the agenda is to brainstorm the task list for the 2014 elections & decide the agenda for Sunday General Meeting
21:28 < jokeefe> I broke out http://piratenpad.de/SKwdoMqk26 into two month periods
21:28 < Bluestreak> I couldn't find my wallet cause I bumped my head!
21:29 < js0000> jokeefe: nice work!
21:29 < Bluestreak> Jason and I have been talking to Joe about a short "what is the PP?" video
21:30 < jokeefe> nice
21:30 < Bluestreak> Plus our kid seems to really get video editing
21:30 < js0000> i would think all aug 2013 items could be discussed at gen meeting
21:30 < Bluestreak> He can can give us some pointers
21:30 < gregg> I'm not sure how this fits in, but wanted to make sure everyone saw it, the last 2 weekends thousands of people showed up: http://www.northendboston.com/visiting/feasts/
21:30 < gregg> that might be a great flyering opportunity
21:31 < Bluestreak> Good idea, Gregg!
21:31 < jokeefe> cool
21:32 < jokeefe> I have been reading Falkvinge's swarm wise (http://falkvinge.net/2013/07/19/book-launch-swarmwise-the-tactical-manual-to-changing-the-world/) and he suggests dividing task no more than 2 months out
21:33 < Bluestreak> Fuck yeah!
21:33 < Kendra> I am going to add preparing a solid media strategy to the "to do" list.  I agree with the 2 months, attention spans.  
21:33 < js0000> two months seems good to me also
21:33 < js0000> and i haven't read the swarm at all ...
21:33 < Bluestreak> I have noticed this myself already.
21:33 < Bluestreak> In practice
21:33 < gregg> agreed, also agreed that there needs to be media strategy
21:33 < Igel> back. hi js0000 did u creep my buddies cjdmaidware
21:33 < Joe> I'll have to read that book
21:33 < Bluestreak> Read it John. Very easy reading.. and it's free
21:34 < js0000> Igel: took a look at github and will prolly npm the package tomorrow
21:35 < js0000> Bluestreak: gotta get through kenny goldsmith first ...
21:35 < Bluestreak> I hear ya!
21:35 < js0000> Igel: don't do any creeping ...
21:36 < jokeefe> suggestions for Sunday agenda topics?
21:37 < Bluestreak> I have something nationa;
21:37 < gregg> I would like to show off an organizational tool that we could start using to get everything (including these meetings) into a mucn more organized setup
21:37 < gregg> on Sunday that is.
21:37 < Bluestreak> USPP is looking for developers to work on the PP social media app
21:38 < Bluestreak> I defer to Greff
21:38 < Bluestreak> gg
21:38 < Bluestreak> hee hee
21:38 < js0000> possible to be more organized, but i think irc is good tool
21:38 < gregg> irc is a great tool for some things
21:38 < gregg> I've been using it since 92
21:38 < gregg> I am not shitting on irc :)
21:38 < js0000> haha
21:38 < Igel> js0000: http://projectmeshnet
21:39 < jokeefe> sounds good, gregg
21:39 < Igel> look it up, its good stuff if you dev.
21:39 < gregg> I have a projector to bring so we can put it up on a wall and everyone can see it
21:39 < gregg> if anyone else wants to do anything and use it, by al lmeans
21:40 < Bluestreak> And we have a wall!
21:40 < JCFiero> ++
21:40  * js0000 ++
21:40 < jokeefe> sounds like a plan
21:41 < Kendra> Agenda item: I got the  third party politics interview with Seamus Whelan  completed.   We could discuss if it is suitable or appropriate to  post it to the MPP site. 
21:41 < Kendra> I'll send it to the list, it's pretty short./
21:42 < Bluestreak> Sure why not
21:42 < Bluestreak> Coalition building it what it'a all about
21:42 < jokeefe> great, Kendra
21:42 < Bluestreak> *is*
21:42 < jokeefe> haven't heard back from the Libertarians.  Will email them a follow up.
21:43 < jokeefe> will ping Francisco White
21:44 < JCFiero> also we are seeing Rich A tomorrow we can reach out to him on the libritarian front 
21:44 < jokeefe> he isn't a member of the LP
21:45 < jokeefe> said so at PirateCon
21:45 < Bluestreak> LOL
21:45 < jokeefe> It is very important to come up with the tasks we want to accomplish Aug-Sept. as well as working back from election day in 2014.
21:46 < Bluestreak> We will be seeing Rich. We will get another contact
21:46 < jokeefe> thanks
21:46 < jokeefe> they responded by email, but guess they need to be reminded
21:48 < jokeefe> So for the agenda we have:  Gregg's demo, Kendra talking about Seamus, Planning how we will get a majority of the legislature in 2014
21:48 < JCFiero> dont worry we have it covered
21:48 < jokeefe> seems like enough
21:48 < gregg> also we can talk about the picnic
21:48 < gregg> who's bringing what, that sort of thing
21:49 < Kendra> 2 Questions:  Have we scheduled the any of Pirate Nights yet?  Does Joe have a set campaign platform specific to Boston, or are we going with a campaign strategy based on the international model?
21:49 < jokeefe> agreed, and the other events
21:50 < Joe> I'm currently setting up my platform and planning it with Lucia
21:50 < jokeefe> no we haven't scheduled any of the pirate nights.  the conference was the first.
21:50 < JCFiero> we will bring drinks and snacks - Lucia will make sandwiches
21:51 < jokeefe> we need to come up with our positions on different issues.
21:52 < Kendra> OK, so maybe that can be an agenda item, developing a strong presentation of our platform for Joe's election  to go along with a media strategy to roll out his and other campaigns. 
21:53 < jokeefe> ok, though that is a topic for many meetings
21:54 < Bluestreak> I will share with the list what we have developed for Joe once we have met with him.
21:54 < js0000> well, we'll eventually get it ... 
21:54 < Kendra> I probably meant to put that on the  list.  
21:54 < Bluestreak> Thank you to everyone who contributed to "what bills would you submit...?"
21:55 < Bluestreak> Good to know for one running for State legislature.
21:56 < jokeefe> Joe / Kendra, take a look at the German Pirate Party's platform - https://www.piratenpartei.de/politik/  in german, but translate.google.com works
21:57 < jokeefe> on the what bills you submit - we should plan to submit a few bills at the start of the 2014 legislative session in Dec/Jan 2014
21:58 < jokeefe> ok, I have covered what is on the agenda.  Anything else folks want to bring up?
22:00 < js0000> nice work- within an hour!
22:00 < kate_m> Everything looking good for the picnic?
22:00 < Bluestreak> We will be buying our own tickets
22:00 < Bluestreak> Soon
22:01 < Bluestreak> And we are planning on lots of food
22:01 < kate_m> okay, you didn't get things done in time for the group discount?
22:01 < Igel> hi what i miss
22:02 < Igel> davidd: aye
22:02 < Igel> hrm
22:03 < Kendra> Let me know who is driving up there.  
22:03 < Kendra> Or ferrying. 
22:05 < Bluestreak> DId you buy tickets, jokeefe ?
22:06 < Kendra> How much is it and what is involved?
22:07 < kate_m> $15 per adult
22:07 < kate_m> ferry leaves long wharf on the hour, you can buy tickets there or order them online
22:07 < Bluestreak> http://www.bostonharborislands.org/tickets
22:08 < Kendra> Thanks.  Are we set for this meeting?
22:08 < Bluestreak> Guess what? We will buy 10 tickets tomorrow (pay day) and we will take 2 cars!
22:09 < Bluestreak> (If necessary)
22:09 < Bluestreak> jokeefe Captian?
22:09 < jokeefe> yes
22:09 < Bluestreak> Read
22:11 < jokeefe> yes I got them
22:11 < jokeefe> 10 adults, 2 children
22:12 < JCFiero> execellent... we can take a final count on Sunday and I iwll get any extras necessary
22:16 < Igel> need to give distributor the # for my invoice re: meshnet
22:16 < jokeefe> anything else folks?
22:16 < Igel> piratemesh.net 
22:17 < Bluestreak> Yes. We know
22:17 < Bluestreak> Are we wrapping up, Captain?
22:18 < Igel> yeah i got disconnected and lost the ppl in /msg
22:18 < Bluestreak> What about a BRIC Speaker?
22:19 < Bluestreak> Did we settle this?
22:19 < jokeefe> srevilak said he could make it.
22:19 < Bluestreak> OK then. I'm good till Sunday
22:19 < Kendra> I have a few things to say about BRIC and may speak as well.  We can discuss on Sunday.  I'm gonna call it a day. Nite everyone.
22:19 < Bluestreak> TYVM, Kendra!
22:19 < jokeefe> sounds good Kendra
22:20 < Bluestreak> Can't wait to C U
22:20 < Kendra> No problem, nite.
22:20 < Bluestreak> Kissy!
22:20 < jokeefe> thanks all
22:20 < jokeefe> look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday
22:20 < Bluestreak> Short and sweet
22:20 < JCFiero> ok nite all
22:20 < Bluestreak> See ya Cap!
22:20 < Bluestreak> G'night everyone!
22:21 < Bluestreak> Move to adjourn?
22:22 < srevilak> I'll move.  Second?
22:22 < jokeefe> 2nd
[10:22pm] Bluestreak: Call to vote: aye!
[10:23pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[10:23pm] Bluestreak: AYE, baby!
[10:23pm] jokeefe: aye
[10:23pm] JCFiero: aye