July 26th, 2012 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Agenda

1. Status of Liquid Feedback server

2. Status of VPN testing

3. Suggestions for new Treasurer

4. Status of Pirate Picnic

5. Pirate Lunch in August?

6. Freedom Rally

7. National Party News & Pirate Picnic

8. Discussion of ballot questions in prep for a later vote

9. Anything else folks want to bring up

Quick Notes / Summaries Re Proposed Bills to be Discussed:

Attending

  • jokeefe - James O'Keefe, Somerville
  • mildbeard - Erik Zoltan, Framingham
  • aphelionz - Mark Henderson, Marshfield
  • Black - Sevan Chorluyan, Allston
  • creynoldsnhpp - Chris Reynolds, NHPP

Observers:

  • [bsod]
  • illunatic
  • passstab - kbenjamin sauerhaft coplon PA
  • brandon
  • Brendan
  • strider
  • ageis
  • max_CAPP

Summary

1. Status of Liquid Feedback server

  • Sent request for alpha testers
  • jokeefe is planning to do a quick video demo next weekend
  • aphelionz will update his install instructions on the wiki

2. Status of VPN testing

  • mildbeard is almost setup to start testing

3. Suggestions for new Treasurer

  • Kit would like to step down in August, so we need a replacement

4. Status of Pirate Picnic

4th / 5th - not sure what the status is yet

5. Pirate Lunch in August?

We chose Wed., August 8th at noon. Tavern in the Square, Central Sq., Cambridge

6. Freedom Rally

  • jokeefe will get a table
  • a bunch of folks said they could make it, though we need to find more

7. National Party News & Pirate Picnic

8. Discussion of ballot questions in prep for a later vote - deferred

9. Discussion of the situation in New Hampshire

Meeting Minutes

<nowiki>

[11:57] <@jokeefe> hi all [11:58] <+creynoldsnhpp> don't mind me, i'm multitasking (babysitting) [11:58] <+creynoldsnhpp> i'll be in and out most likely [11:59] <+creynoldsnhpp> hey jaime [12:00] <@jokeefe> agenda at http://masspirates.org/wiki/index.php?title=July_26th,_2012_IRC_Meeting [12:00] <@jokeefe> twitter seems to be down [12:01] == aphelionz [webchat@64.119.gyr.sjs] has joined #masspirates [12:01] == mode/#masspirates [+o aphelionz] by [4Q] [12:01] == mode/#masspirates [+v aphelionz] by [4Q] [12:01] <@aphelionz> heyyooo [12:01] == mode/#masspirates [+l 20] by [4Q] [12:02] == Black [webchat@f-54-565-55-482.hsd9.ma.comcast.net] has joined #masspirates [12:02] == mode/#masspirates [+v Black] by [4Q] [12:02] == mode/#masspirates [+l 21] by [4Q] [12:03] <@jokeefe> hey [12:03] <+Black> hello [12:03] <@jokeefe> hello [12:03] <+Black> it's sevan [12:03] <@jokeefe> cool! [12:04] <@jokeefe> lets start with ids, give as much info as possible - Jamie O'Keefe, Somerville [12:04] <+Black> Sevan Chorluyan Allston MA soon to be South End [12:07] <@jokeefe> so , agenda at http://masspirates.org/wiki/index.php?title=July_26th,_2012_IRC_Meeting [12:07] <@jokeefe> Item 1. Status of Liquid Feedback server [12:08] <@jokeefe> Server is up, seems to be working. Sent out email asking for alpha testers (though was at the end). also on blog. [12:08] <@aphelionz> I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to look at the email stuff - is that still an issue? [12:09] <@aphelionz> (Mark Henderson, marshfield btw) [12:09] <@jokeefe> think so. shouldn't be from root@ [12:09] <@aphelionz> ok, i'll try to carve out some time this week [12:09] <@jokeefe> thanks! [12:09] <@aphelionz> too many projects and one too many full time jobs [12:09] <@aphelionz> :p [12:09] <@jokeefe> yes [12:10] <@jokeefe> My plan is to do a quick video demo next weekend. [12:10] <+creynoldsnhpp> haha [12:10] <@jokeefe> with that and the email problem fixed, it should be good to open up to a wider audience [12:11] <@jokeefe> not sure if it has an RSS feed we could have the twitter/fb accounts read from when there is something new. [12:12] <@jokeefe> We still need to write up whatever notes we have on setting it up. [12:12] <@jokeefe> aphelionz, did you write anything up? [12:13] <@aphelionz> no, but I certainly can. Is there a wiki? [12:14] <+Black> you're right. we should help clubs, school and town organizations to create their own liquid feedback systems. Once people experience it they will start to demand it from the gov [12:15] <+creynoldsnhpp> +Black that's a good icdea [12:15] <+creynoldsnhpp> idea* [12:16] <@jokeefe> aphelionz, the wiki is at masspirates.org/wiki, I'll create an account for you [12:17] <@jokeefe> Black, I have already created one for Somerville [12:17] <+Black> sweet [12:17] <@aphelionz> thanks :) [12:17] <@jokeefe> Feel free to create one for Boston [12:17] <@jokeefe> creynoldsnhpp, we could create one for NH for you [12:18] <+creynoldsnhpp> sweet thanks :) [12:19] <+creynoldsnhpp> I don't know anything about the liquid feedback system but I learn very quickly when it comes to technology [12:19] <@mildbeard> Hey sorry I'm late. [12:19] <@mildbeard> Erik Zoltan, Framingham [12:20] <+creynoldsnhpp> np [12:20] <+creynoldsnhpp> in my book at least :P [12:20] <@passstab> kbenjamin sauerhaft coplon, Chester PA [12:21] <@jokeefe> hi [12:22] <@jokeefe> Item 2. Status of VPN testing - mildbeard? [12:22] <@mildbeard> Well, we are working out with them the details of the kind of information we will get from them. [12:23] <@mildbeard> As long as that is satisfactory, I will be able to sign up as the first member and we can verify that everything looks good before offering it. [12:23] <@mildbeard> If something goes wrong, we have my contact info anyway. [12:23] <@mildbeard> So I would expect to have a final result by next meeting for sure. [12:24] <@mildbeard> that's all. [12:25] <@jokeefe> cool [12:25] <@jokeefe> Item 3. Suggestions for new Treasurer [12:26] <@jokeefe> As I mentioned two weeks ago, Kit would like to step down as treasurer in August, so we need a new one [12:27] <@mildbeard> I'm pretty over-tasked. [12:27] <@jokeefe> yes [12:27] <@mildbeard> Can you review the responsibilities of the treasurer? [12:28] <@jokeefe> Right now it is filing the periodic campaign finance reports and overseeing the checkbook [12:28] <@jokeefe> Ideally, said candidate would help with fundraising [12:29] <@jokeefe> Kit will do the August report, then there are 2 - 3 more, IIRC [12:29] <@jokeefe> for the rest of the year. [12:29] <@jokeefe> two next year since it isn't an election year [12:30] <@jokeefe> So if you think of someone or are interested, email info@masspirates.org [12:31] <@mildbeard> k [12:31] <@jokeefe> Item 4. Status of Pirate Picnic - not much to report, it will be on Georges Island, not sure if it will be the 4th or 5th of August. [12:32] <@jokeefe> Hope to know either way this week. [12:32] <@mildbeard> I have an important event to schedule for one of those days, so I'm really hoping to find out which one. [12:32] <@mildbeard> Am being hounded about it. [12:32] <@jokeefe> and soon no doubt. [12:33] <@mildbeard> yeh [12:34] <@jokeefe> anyone who is interested have a preference? [12:35] <@mildbeard> The 5th. [12:35] <@mildbeard> But either date is OK. [12:35] <+Black> i can't make either [12:35] <+creynoldsnhpp> i'll be on vacay in maine then [12:36] <@mildbeard> that's funny, I'll be on vacation in Maine the following weekend. [12:36] <@jokeefe> I'll be visiting family myself. [12:36] <+creynoldsnhpp> haha @mildbeard [12:37] <@jokeefe> Item 5. Pirate Lunch in August? [12:37] <+creynoldsnhpp> jaime on the 4th and 5th? [12:38] <@mildbeard> Wait, wasn't that item 4? [12:38] <@jokeefe> prior family/other committments on the next four weekends. [12:38] <@mildbeard> Oh sorry. [12:38] <@jokeefe> So, Item 5. Pirate Lunch in August? [12:38] <+creynoldsnhpp> oh ok [12:38] <@jokeefe> Which is better: 6th, 7th, 8th? [12:39] <+creynoldsnhpp> so u wouldn't be able to attend at all? [12:39] <+creynoldsnhpp> like I said the 8th is best for me. I'm off from work that day [12:39] <@jokeefe> yes, I cannot be at Pirate Picnic until Sept. even then it get dicely. [12:40] <+creynoldsnhpp> no worries [12:40] <@jokeefe> 2 votes for 8th, 1 each for 6th & 7th [12:40] <@jokeefe> mildbeard, Black, aphelionz ? [12:40] <+creynoldsnhpp> things get busy for me in sept too. school starts back up again [12:41] * aphelionz checks calendar [12:41] <@mildbeard> What's the exact time of the lunch? I have calls that end right at noon and I'm coming from Framingham. [12:41] <@aphelionz> 7th and 8th ok [12:41] <+Black> Thats a monday and teusday right? [12:42] <@mildbeard> 6th is MOn [12:42] <+Black> ok [12:42] <@jokeefe> mon, tue, wed [12:42] <+creynoldsnhpp> framingham state has a really nice campus :). sorry [12:42] <+creynoldsnhpp> lol [12:42] <+Black> I am doing a lot of stuff around the 8th for a mass innovation night my business is being featured in. I'm a no go sadly :( [12:43] <@jokeefe> :-( [12:43] <@mildbeard> Standing in my backyard, I can throw a rock and possibly almost hit a Framingham State student. [12:43] <+creynoldsnhpp> nice lolo [12:44] <@mildbeard> Not that I would :). [12:44] <+creynoldsnhpp> i took a trip to framingham state with my current community college, it's really nice :). I'd like to go their when i graduate from where i am now [12:44] <@aphelionz> Tues or Weds is ok [12:45] <@jokeefe> so 1, 2, 3 respectively [12:45] <+creynoldsnhpp> of course you wouldn't ;). Anyways we need to get back on track [12:45] <@jokeefe> mildbeard? [12:45] <@mildbeard> I could definitely make Monday. Tue and Wed I'd be late. [12:45] <@mildbeard> Wed is better than Tue. [12:46] <@jokeefe> so 1, 2, 4 - Wed. it is [12:46] <@jokeefe> Item 6. Freedom Rally [12:46] <@jokeefe> it is Sept. 15th [12:47] <@jokeefe> a Sat. [12:47] <@jokeefe> who can make it? [12:47] <@mildbeard> I'll check. What is it? [12:47] <@jokeefe> on Boston Common [12:48] <@jokeefe> sponsored by Mass Cann/NORML [12:48] <@mildbeard> I will make an effort to go, will depend on family schedule etc. [12:48] <@jokeefe> k [12:48] <@mildbeard> Great opportunity for the Pirate Party. [12:49] <+creynoldsnhpp> to go back to the picnic for a min, jaime let me know if i can go or not [12:49] <@jokeefe> ? [12:49] <+creynoldsnhpp> umm let me look at my calendar and make sure i'm not work during the freedom rally [12:49] <@jokeefe> if you can make the picnic, creynoldsnhpp, you can go [12:49] <@aphelionz> I can make it! [12:50] <@jokeefe> cool! [12:50] <@aphelionz> plus the Freedom Rally is umm. fun :) [12:50] <@jokeefe> non-contact high ? [12:51] <@mildbeard> I am available to go on Sep 15. [12:51] <+creynoldsnhpp> ok cool thanks :). so u already talk to the person from Boston Freedom of Info? [12:51] <@aphelionz> i invoke the 5th [12:51] <@jokeefe> I'll send the payment in for a space. Will pay extra for a table since it is well worth not having to carry one around. [12:51] <+creynoldsnhpp> as for the freedom rally i'm not sorking on sat [12:51] <+creynoldsnhpp> working* [12:51] <@jokeefe> good idea aphelionz [12:51] <@jokeefe> snorking sounds better [12:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> but count me as a maybe, bc i don't know how much homework i will have to do over that weekend [12:52] <@jokeefe> sorking that is [12:52] <@mildbeard> I thought "sorking" was a hip term for smoking. [12:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> lol that's not what i meant [12:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> i meant to say "working" lol [12:52] <+Black> sure ... [12:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> i don't touch any of that stuff, tbh [12:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> not for me lol [12:53] <@mildbeard> I know NORML used to give preference to activists who didn't smoke it - greater credibility. [12:54] <@jokeefe> ;-) [12:54] <@jokeefe> that would be me [12:54] <@mildbeard> It's bad enough having people call you a pirate anyway... [12:54] <@jokeefe> lol [12:54] <@jokeefe> Item 7. National Party News - mildbeard you have some news? [12:54] <@mildbeard> Big news. [12:55] <@mildbeard> The PNC meeting minutes are available: http://www.pirate-party.us/wiki/PNC_7/25/12 [12:55] <@mildbeard> The Constitution was adopted: http://www.pirate-party.us/wiki/Pirate_National_Committee_%28PNC%29/Constitution [12:55] <@mildbeard> The vote to adopt the constitution was unanimous, with no abstentions. [12:55] <@mildbeard> According to the terms of the Constitution, member states must ratify it according to their own internal processes. [12:55] <@mildbeard> In our case, I would think an IRC vote would be OK. [12:56] <@mildbeard> I would therefore propose that we vote on the Constitution and ratify it. I was hoping Mass could ratify it quickly, assuming nobody has any objections. [12:56] <+creynoldsnhpp> well since i'm technically not a member of MAPP anymore, I should prolly sit this vote out [12:56] <@jokeefe> you are in spirit fellow founder [12:57] <@jokeefe> 5 min for folks to review, then a vote? [12:57] <+creynoldsnhpp> i know that :) thanks [12:57] <+Black> seems like this would be a good opportunity to use LF [12:58] <@jokeefe> aye, but we have more members here than on LF right now [12:58] <+Black> k [12:58] <@jokeefe> "We reclaim this label of “pirate” and abjure its derogatory, incendiary implication." - love the use of abjure [12:58] <@mildbeard> The constitution requires a single up-or-down vote. I was hoping we could use LF to handle any proposed amendments though. [12:58] <@jokeefe> sounds good [12:58] <+creynoldsnhpp> what does that mean jw [12:58] <@mildbeard> LF is good when you have a general idea and want to refine it. [12:59] <@mildbeard> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abjure?s=t [12:59] <+creynoldsnhpp> thanks [12:59] <+creynoldsnhpp> so it's saying that we should get rid of the "pirate" name [13:00] <+creynoldsnhpp> ? [13:00] <+Black> its saying we get rid of the neg. conotation [13:00] <@mildbeard> we hate the fact that they use it negatively. [13:01] <+creynoldsnhpp> who exactly are u referring to, i'm unclear on this [13:02] <@mildbeard> preamble to the constitution. [13:02] <@jokeefe> We are reclaiming the use of "pirate" and oppose the negative connotations [13:02] <@jokeefe> http://www.pirate-party.us/wiki/Pirate_National_Committee_%28PNC%29/Constitution [13:03] <@jokeefe> folks need more time? [13:03] <@aphelionz> are we voting now? [13:04] <+creynoldsnhpp> i agree, remove the negativity. I think it takes away for the bigger mesg [13:04] <+creynoldsnhpp> message [13:04] <+creynoldsnhpp> from* [13:05] <@aphelionz> what exactly does reclaiming the label entail? [13:05] <@mildbeard> It means we call ourselves the "Pirate" Party. [13:06] <+Black> yup [13:06] <@mildbeard> In effect, adopting this name is an acknowledgment that pirates are awesome. [13:06] <@jokeefe> AYE! [13:06] <+Black> or not creative enough to come up with a better name [13:06] <@aphelionz> like with the Quotes? [13:06] <@aphelionz> "Pirate" Party [13:06] <+Black> i vote aye [13:06] <@mildbeard> Quotes are just mine. [13:06] <@aphelionz> oh ok [13:07] <@aphelionz> yeah i mean, aye [13:07] <@aphelionz> if its a choice of being the pirate party or being something else [13:07] <@jokeefe> do folks need more time to review? [13:07] <@mildbeard> So I would like to move that we vote to approve the constitution. An "aye" vote would be a vote to approve and a "nay" vote would be against approving the document. [13:08] <@mildbeard> And we should really get a 2/3 majority. [13:09] <@jokeefe> aye [13:09] <+Black> aye [13:09] <@jokeefe> 2nd [13:09] <@jokeefe> then aye [13:09] <@mildbeard> aye [13:10] <+creynoldsnhpp> aye [13:10] <@jokeefe> though we can hold off on the vote if folks need more time to review [13:10] <+Black> i got to run, please record my voite as aye [13:11] == Black [webchat@f-54-565-55-482.hsd9.ma.comcast.net] has quit [Quit: Web client closed] [13:12] <@jokeefe> aphelionz? [13:13] <+feedbot> [Twitter] masspirates: @atavistian after all Boston did enough banning in the past - http://twitter.com/masspirates/statuses/228537372478947328 [13:13] <+feedbot> [Twitter] masspirates: US Senate talking Cybersecurity Act now: http://t.co/zoweZdmZ Tell your Sen. to stand strong on #privacy http://t.co/UB2MAJa0 ty @cendemtech - http://twitter.com/masspirates/statuses/228538214246395904 [13:16] <@jokeefe> sorry, missed aphelionz's aye [13:16] <@jokeefe> motion passes [13:16] <@mildbeard> unanimously? [13:16] <@aphelionz> aye :) [13:17] <@mildbeard> awesome. [13:17] <@jokeefe> sorry, should be more formal [13:17] <@jokeefe> any opposed? [13:17] <@jokeefe> any abstentions? [13:17] <+creynoldsnhpp> not from me [13:18] <@mildbeard> We may be the first state to pass this. [13:18] <@jokeefe> hearing none, motion passes unanimously [13:18] <@jokeefe> helps to meet the day after the national party [13:18] <@mildbeard> almost like you planned it that way :) [13:19] <@jokeefe> I'll push off discussion of the ballot questions to next week. hopefully more will be on LF and we can discuss it there. [13:19] <+creynoldsnhpp> ;) [13:19] <@jokeefe> was the vote, mildbeard [13:19] <@jokeefe> and ;-) [13:19] <@jokeefe> anything else? [13:20] <@mildbeard> that's it for national stuff. That's enough anyway. [13:21] <+creynoldsnhpp> ummm there is something else i'd like to bring up, but i can wait til we're through with everything else [13:22] <+creynoldsnhpp> anybody? [13:24] <@jokeefe> sure [13:24] <@jokeefe> fire away [13:26] <+creynoldsnhpp> okay, well some of you may already be aware of this (I know you are Jaime), but in order for the NHPP to become an official party in NH, we need to run candidate(s) for U.S. Senate and/or Governor with proper ballot access. This is not for the upcoming election but for the next election around 2014/2015 (we already missed the deadline for the upcoming election) [13:28] <+creynoldsnhpp> if anybody is interested in running or helping out with the campaigning you can contact me directly either via fb: http://www.facebook.com/NewHampshirePiratePartynhpp, http://www.facebook.com/chris.reynolds.31337 or at the following email address: catsandcampers@comcast.net [13:29] <@jokeefe> I know the NH libertarian party has run prez. candidates, but hasn't gotten 4% of the vote - so I don't think they have ballot status [13:29] <@jokeefe> they are at http://lpnh.org/ [13:29] <@jokeefe> might be worthwhile asking them how they organize themselves [13:30] <@jokeefe> They take donations so they have to have some organization [13:30] <@mildbeard> Libertarians are happy to accept donations, they just don't want to share them with the government ;). [13:33] <+creynoldsnhpp> Jaime ur correct, the lpnh does not have ballot access [13:33] <+creynoldsnhpp> they have to petition too, just like the NHPP [13:34] <+creynoldsnhpp> we need 3000 signatures from registered voters to get whoever our candidate ends up being, on the ballot [13:34] <+creynoldsnhpp> then we need 4% of the votes and we become an official party [13:34] <@mildbeard> That's a lot of signatures, but at least it is statewide and you have half a year to get the sigs. [13:34] <+creynoldsnhpp> @mildbeard, hahaha good one [13:35] <@jokeefe> I guess my point is what are the advantages of ballot access? 3000 votes you can do, but getting 4% will be tough [13:35] <@mildbeard> Getting a candidate on the ballot sounds like a good first step anyway. [13:38] <@jokeefe> right, but getting 4% in an evenly split state is difficult. [13:39] <+creynoldsnhpp> i was told by one of the officials from the Elections Division that in order to qualify we MUST have ballot access AND get the 4%. It's the only way [13:39] <@jokeefe> might be better to run candidates for local office or state rep [13:39] <+creynoldsnhpp> NH elections laws are funky like that [13:39] <@jokeefe> does not qualifying mean you cannot run candidates? [13:40] <+creynoldsnhpp> ya, another issue is U.S. Senate and Governor are all that would count towards an official status [13:40] <@jokeefe> if you are thinking of running a candidate to qualify then you can run candidates [13:40] <@mildbeard> Right. [13:40] <+creynoldsnhpp> no I mean we can run candidates, but in order to get an official status we need ballot access + the 4% [13:41] <+creynoldsnhpp> otherwise we're legally not officially anything. but of course we can run candidates [13:41] <@mildbeard> But trying to get a statewide candidate on the ballot has merits. It means that everyone in the state can help to organize the effort and it gives everyone something to vote for. It can even help local candidates to piggy-back off a signature effort. [13:41] <@jokeefe> My suggestion is get the word out that you are starting an NH Pirate Party and see who comes out of the woodwork to help [13:41] <+creynoldsnhpp> right, that's what i've been trying to do [13:42] <+creynoldsnhpp> and it must be a statewide election in order to qualify to get the official party status [13:42] <+creynoldsnhpp> either governor or U.S. Senate [13:43] <@mildbeard> Similarly, the USPP can't get FEC recognition as a national party without running a Presidential candidate and at least some senate candidates. [13:43] <+creynoldsnhpp> NH is really harsh on the third parties :( [13:45] <@jokeefe> it looks like there is a state rep for every 3000 residents (http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/New_Hampshire_House_of_Representatives) so it should be easy to get on the ballot [13:45] <@mildbeard> The trick with that kind of thing is that you have to know down to street address level which signatures are valid and which ones aren't. You almost have to go door to door. [13:45] <+creynoldsnhpp> for state rep u mean? [13:46] <@mildbeard> yeh [13:46] <+creynoldsnhpp> ah [13:46] <@jokeefe> yes [13:46] <@jokeefe> http://sos.nh.gov/nhsos_content.aspx?id=13052 [13:46] <@mildbeard> But Jamie is right - it's much easier to get on the ballot that way. [13:46] <@jokeefe> $2 or 5 signatures [13:47] <@jokeefe> Filings made with the Secretary of State on the last day of the filing period MUST be IN PERSON by the candidate (June 15, 2012 5:00 p.m.) [13:47] <+creynoldsnhpp> see we could run a candidate for state rep, which would definately raise awareness for the party, but I was told that only US. Senate positions and Governor would count towards become official [13:47] <+creynoldsnhpp> ya we already missed that by a long shot [13:47] <@jokeefe> Better to get as many people to run for state rep. as Pirates [13:47] <+creynoldsnhpp> i'm planning far ahead for the next election [13:47] <+creynoldsnhpp> hmmmm u think? [13:47] <@jokeefe> or state senator ( $10 or 20 voter sigs) [13:48] <+creynoldsnhpp> i mean it may not count towards official status, but it would still help in raising awareness [13:48] <@mildbeard> That's Democrats and Republicans. They have a higher threshold for third parties. [13:48] <+creynoldsnhpp> ya much higher [13:48] <@jokeefe> their legislature is overwhelmingly Republican so you won't get hit with being a "spoiler" [13:48] <+creynoldsnhpp> 3000 sigs is what we need [13:48] <+creynoldsnhpp> that's a plus [13:49] <+creynoldsnhpp> about not being labelled as a "spoiler" [13:49] <@mildbeard> You need 150 nomination papers for state rep as a 3rd party in NH. [13:49] <+creynoldsnhpp> hmmm [13:49] <@jokeefe> right - State Representative $2 AND 150 voter sigs [13:49] <@mildbeard> For Gov it's 3000 but it's 1500 from each congressional district. [13:50] <+creynoldsnhpp> that's not so bad [13:50] <@mildbeard> JP had a big problem in Mass when he collected loads of signatures but many of them were from the wrong district. [13:50] <+creynoldsnhpp> state rep [13:50] <+creynoldsnhpp> damn [13:50] <@jokeefe> right [13:50] <@jokeefe> but you have 2 yrs to plan [13:51] <@mildbeard> We need an app or something that you can enter an address and it will tell what the district is. [13:51] <+creynoldsnhpp> 150 sigs is nothing compared to the others [13:51] <@jokeefe> could also challenge the law [13:51] <+creynoldsnhpp> mildbeard ya we do :P [13:51] <@mildbeard> Then you could have a candidate for each district and you could just hand the voter the appropriate form based on their district. [13:51] <@jokeefe> this page - http://sos.nh.gov/nhsos_content.aspx?id=13052 outlines the possibilities [13:51] <+creynoldsnhpp> thanks jaime [13:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> I hate to run, but I have to head to work now [13:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> thanks everyone [13:52] <@jokeefe> Now if you could find 13,843 people to sign the party's nomination paper [13:52] <@jokeefe> then you would get ballot status [13:52] <@jokeefe> though I doubt the LP has done it. I know the Greens haven't [13:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> right, thats the other option. i wasn't planning on attempting that lol [13:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> thats insane [13:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> lol [13:52] <+creynoldsnhpp> but I have to run, thanks everyone [13:52] <@jokeefe> 1 sec [13:53] <+creynoldsnhpp> k [13:53] <@jokeefe> it looks like your nomination papers are due Aug 8th [13:53] <@jokeefe> see the end of the page I sent [13:53] <@mildbeard> dude!!! [13:53] <@jokeefe> you have time to run :-) [13:54] <@mildbeard> that's an 11th hour miracle... [13:54] <@jokeefe> yup [13:54] <@jokeefe> a he is very busy [13:54] <+creynoldsnhpp> wow, then either the lady i spoke to blatantly lied to me, or made a mistake [13:55] <@jokeefe> both are likely, but probably the later [13:55] <@mildbeard> let's cancel everything else and drive up to NH to help. [13:55] <+creynoldsnhpp> she said i only had til June which is past. Maybe for Governor/U.S. Senator, the date is different? [13:55] <+creynoldsnhpp> seriously? [13:55] <+creynoldsnhpp> I think i'm the proper age to run LOL [13:55] <+creynoldsnhpp> let me double check [13:55] <@jokeefe> seems to be third party or ballot status party [13:56] <+creynoldsnhpp> i qualify XD [13:56] <+creynoldsnhpp> lol [13:56] <@jokeefe> cool [13:56] <+creynoldsnhpp> for state rep [13:56] <+creynoldsnhpp> i really gtg tho, we'll continue this another night [13:56] <@mildbeard> k [13:56] <+creynoldsnhpp> time* sry guys [13:56] <@mildbeard> keep in touch [13:56] <@jokeefe> k [13:57] <@jokeefe> take care [13:57] <+creynoldsnhpp> will do [13:57] == creynoldsnhpp [webchat@q-04-01-26-499.hsd4.ct.comcast.net] has left #masspirates [] [13:57] <@mildbeard> are we ready to adjourn then? [13:57] == mode/#masspirates [+l 19] by [4Q] [13:57] <@jokeefe> yes [13:57] <@jokeefe> 2nd [13:57] <@jokeefe> all in favor [13:57] <@mildbeard> aye [13:57] <@aphelionz> aye [13:58] <@mildbeard> adios guys, ttyl [13:58] == mildbeard [~erixoltan@hknv-28-026-620-99.bstnma.fios.verizon.net] has quit [Quit: Leaving] [14:03] <@jokeefe> aye [14:03] <@jokeefe> motion carries