July 31st, 2019 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Tabled Projects
- 6 Upcoming Events
- 7 Participants
- 8 Summary
- 9 Minutes
Congress of Corrections Protest
Boston is hosting the Congress of Corrections, Aug 1-6. It will be at the Hynes Convention Center, Halls C&D. It is sponsored by private prison and ICE detention investors.
Goals for Q2:
- Organize meetups
- Organize election
- Organize Fundraiser(s)
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
- Next pirate news recording?
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
July 13th Meeting
- srevilak updated blog theme. jokeefe and srevilak corrected any items that were wrong as a result of the update;
- jokeefe updated our Riot/Matrix client to the latest stable version. Started work on a splash page for discuss.masspirates.org.
- srevilak & jokeefe tested camera / microphone setup and figured out that the reason the recording was so soft in the video we took at the Pirate Planning Picnic was that the speakers were too far away from the microphones.
jokeefe noticed that our CCTV camera map no longer shows the locations of cameras. Fixed.
Next meeting will be August 10th. Topics are:
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws
Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent
H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
National Platform reform/remake
These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News
CCTV camera map
Video Newsletter guest speakers
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 8/6, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 8/10, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
- 8/13, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- 8/20, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 8/24, Lowell Pirate Picnic, Lowell
- 8/27, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 8/28, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
- ?, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
- 9/3, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
21:03 <@jokeefe> Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/July_31st,_2019_IRC_Meeting 21:03 <@jokeefe> ids 21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA 21:04 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville 21:04 < malt> sam capradae, worcester 21:05 <@jokeefe> Anything to add? 21:05 < malt> nyet 21:06 <@jokeefe> Review - National Party - they had a election, but I haven’t heard how it went 21:06 <@jokeefe> did you go malt? 21:07 < malt> i did not 21:07 <@jokeefe> ok. will ask for the notes 21:07 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements 21:07 < malt> mondays are usually busy for me 21:08 <@jokeefe> good to kmow. you should mention that on the national email list and we can see if we can change it 21:08 <@jokeefe> Congress of Corrections Protest on the 4th 21:09 <@jokeefe> malt posted on the blog. email is out. meet before to make signs? 21:10 < malt> they want folk on the steps of the library by 1 21:10 < malt> i think we could show up with supplies, yeah 21:11 < malt> oh, like, days before 21:11 < malt> right 21:11 < malt> pfft 21:11 <@jokeefe> or just before 21:11 <@jokeefe> that day 21:11 <@jokeefe> I can bring poster boards and markers 21:12 < malt> i just wouldn't want us to be loaded down with unused stuff is all 21:12 < malt> there's no permit so the chances of adverse police response are 21:12 < malt> elevated 21:13 <@jokeefe> I could print out some paper signs and bring smaller poster board to put them on 21:13 * srevilak is likely to have both hands full with percussion 21:15 <@jokeefe> have back pack, will travel 21:15 < malt> are y'all going to be parking nearby? we could meet by a car and leave the stuff there 21:15 < malt> i'm likely to take the train in 21:15 <@jokeefe> will plan to show up at 1pm. 21:16 <@jokeefe> would either of you be able to call/txt people? 21:17 < srevilak> Can try to email a few 21:18 <@jokeefe> thanks. I’ll get Somerville/Cambridge. If you could get Arlington and other communities, that would be great 21:19 < srevilak> ok 21:19 <@jokeefe> thank you 21:20 <@jokeefe> Projects 21:20 <@jokeefe> Regional Meetings 21:21 <@jokeefe> reminder to please fill out the survey 21:21 <@jokeefe> 8/24 Lowell Pirate Picnic is looking like it will be a fun time 21:22 < malt> sadly i think i have a parenting class that day :-/ 21:22 <@jokeefe> dang. sounds more important. congratulations 21:23 < srevilak> I will be in ME that weekend 21:23 < malt> thanks! got infant CPR next week 21:24 <@jokeefe> will miss you both 21:25 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter - thanks for the pirate podcast, srevilak 21:25 <@jokeefe> I’ll record the protest Sunday and put it up 21:29 <@jokeefe> Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) - Been advertising the upcoming meeting on the 10th. will send our more reminders. 21:29 <@jokeefe> Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws - dropped the ball on this. will write it this weekend. 21:30 <@jokeefe> Boston Sex Worker Petition - haven’t touched base with Desmond. will send him an email 21:30 <@jokeefe> that it all I have. 21:30 <@jokeefe> trying not to pay attention to the debate. no good one liners 21:31 < malt> there's ANOTHER debate? 21:31 < malt> i'm gonna see who i can bring out on sunday, should have a few folk 21:32 <@jokeefe> yeah - Biden, Harris, Booker, Blasio, Gabbard, etc. 21:32 <@jokeefe> thanks, malt 21:33 <@jokeefe> if there is nothing else, shall we adjourn? 21:33 < srevilak> nothing else here 21:34 < malt> good with me 21:34 < srevilak> I'll motion to adjourn 21:34 <@jokeefe> 2nd 21:34 <@jokeefe> all in favor? 21:34 < srevilak> aye 21:35 <@jokeefe> aye 21:35 < malt> night pals see ya soon 21:35 < srevilak> will post transcript 21:35 <@jokeefe> good night!