Jun 8th, 2014 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Tasks

  1. DMC Planning update
  2. Status on Press Releases
  3. Status of candidate bank accounts

Events

  1. June 14th, 11am+, Boston LBGT Pride Parade Logistics
  2. June 21st, 2-4pm. In-person social. Pizzeria Regina, 353 Cambridge st, Allston (Boston)
  3. July 18th-19th. Artbeat
  4. July 18th-20th, Hackers on Planet Earth (HOPE) X, NYC
  5. July 26th, German-wide Stop Watching US protest
  6. July 29th, Last day to turn in nomination papers for Federal offices to cities & towns

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA)
  • noe (Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville)

Observers:

  • davidd
  • wowaname

Summary

No DMC update this week.

Working draft of Noe's press release: https://piratenpad.de/p/NoeBallotPR

Pride parade. Event theme is "Be Yourself, Change the World". Perhaps we do "Be a pirate, change the world" or "Vote pirate change the world". Rainbow colors would be nice. Thu 6pm: sign making party at Kamelamela HQ. Foam board likely preferable to (flimsy) poster board. Will ask volunteers to bring supplies.

Meeting Minutes

 
21:01 < jokeefe> ahoy!
21:01 < srevilak> https://masspirates.org/wiki/Jun_8th,_2014_IRC_Meeting
21:02 < jokeefe> sorry for the delay
21:02 < jokeefe> thanks, srevilak
21:02 < jokeefe> ids
21:02 < jokeefe> James O'Keefe, Somerville
21:03 < noe> Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville
21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
21:04 < srevilak> jokeefe, noe: agenda is very minimal.  Feel free to add
21:04 < srevilak> brb
21:05 < jokeefe> minimal is good
21:05 < noe> I love minimal!
21:06 < jokeefe> DMC Update - Bluelustreak not here to report and next meeting isn't for a week.
21:06 < jokeefe> Status on Press Releases - Party & Joe's out.  Working on Noe's
21:06 < noe> https://piratenpad.de/p/NoeBallotPR
21:06 < jokeefe> Status of candidate bank accounts - Noe all set.  Joe working on it.
21:07 < noe> I am working on it, but would not mind people looking at it.
21:07 < jokeefe> thanks, Noe.
21:07 < noe> Feel free to poke away!
21:07 < jokeefe> I will review/ suggest changes tonight
21:08 < srevilak> will look over press release as well
21:08 < jokeefe> Boston LBGT Pride Parade
21:09 < jokeefe> Anyone able to organize a sign making party?
21:10 < srevilak> jokeefe: two Qs
21:10 < srevilak> (1) would it be better to carry banner & focus on handing out flyers
21:10 < srevilak> (2) what would we want to say on the signs?
21:11 < srevilak> Thinking in terms of people: 2 for banner, one to tow wagon
21:11 < jokeefe> right
21:11 < srevilak> Then, perhaps should divide up flyering and signage
21:11 < srevilak> Not sure how many we have for flyering and signage
21:11 < jokeefe> Agreed
21:11 < jokeefe> Don't remember what types of signs were at pride last year
21:12 < wowaname> ohai
21:12 < srevilak> wowaname: hai
21:12 < wowaname> wait isnt today the meeting or something
21:12 < wowaname> nice showup
21:12 < srevilak> wowaname: yes, IRC meeting right now
21:12 < srevilak> welcome :)
21:13 < wowaname> hm ok
21:13 < jokeefe> Count is you, me, Lucia, mel, noe, kate, possibly jason, kit, liam
21:13 < jokeefe> ahoy wowaname
21:13 < wowaname> i'll just prolly be obnoxious
21:13 < wowaname> :3
21:13 < srevilak> jokeefe: did we have props of parabolic listening devices from last year?
21:13 < wowaname> so wait
21:14 < jokeefe> sorry, one more
21:14 < wowaname> what's the goal for in here
21:14 < jokeefe> turn people out for Boston Pride Parade
21:14 < srevilak> wowaname: at the moment, discussing logistics for participation in next week's pride parade
21:14 < wowaname> o
21:14 < wowaname> what about the grand scheme?
21:14 < srevilak> wowaname: wanna march?
21:14 < wowaname> i'm not in boston lmao idk why i'm even in this channel
21:15 < wowaname> that explains the "mass" in the channel
21:15 < wowaname> nam
21:15 < wowaname> e
21:15 < wowaname> :x
21:15 < jokeefe> so definites is seven, with at least three possibles.
21:16 < noe> woot!
21:16 < srevilak> nice
21:16 < wowaname> and i may as well leave
21:16 < wowaname> unless someone requires me
21:16 < jokeefe> working on turning out people.  If you know anyone to invite, please do.
21:17 < wowaname> well i'm gonna maybe idle in #ppi
21:17 < srevilak> In terms of signage, what to focus on?  
21:18 < srevilak> I wouldn't mind "Vote Pirate", or similar theme
21:18 < srevilak> thoughts?
21:18 < noe> Vote Pirate! is nice
21:18 < noe> The overall theme of Pride is "Be Yourself, Change the World"
21:18 < noe> We could include the word World somewhere?
21:19 < srevilak> Be a pirate, change the world?
21:19 < noe> Yes!
21:19 < jokeefe> like it!
21:19 < srevilak> Trying to think of something cohesive with the goal of the parade
21:20 < srevilak> http://life-in-boston.blogspot.com/2013/06/boston-pride-parade-2013.html
21:20 < jokeefe> Change the world, vote pirate!
21:20 < srevilak> straightforward political signage
21:21 < jokeefe> not really seeing signs in the pcitures
21:21 < jokeefe> pictures
21:22 < srevilak> "Elect Marty Walsh"?
21:22 < jokeefe> missed those
21:23 < srevilak> it's the first picture on the page
21:23 < noe> I guess if we do signs, we can do official pirate colors and stuff
21:23 < noe> orange, black and white?
21:23 < jokeefe> ok, then Vote Pirate, Elect Kamelamela & Elect Guertin
21:23 < jokeefe> aye, Noe
21:24 < srevilak> noe: do you think we could work in some rainbows?
21:24 < jokeefe> rainbows are great
21:24 < jokeefe> could use different colors for each letter
21:25 < noe> true
21:25 < jokeefe> Lydia can help with signs.  Needs to know when/where
21:25  * srevilak goes to look at calendar
21:26 < srevilak> I could host something on wed or thu night
21:27 < srevilak> could that work?
21:27 < jokeefe> Yes.  think Thu would be best
21:27 < jokeefe> Your place?
21:27 < srevilak> Sure.
21:27 < jokeefe> or more centrally located?
21:27 < srevilak> Maybe 6:30 - 8pm?
21:28 < srevilak> jokeefe: did you have more centrally located places in mind?
21:29 < jokeefe> sadly no place in particular
21:29 < noe> I know local theatre groups in Cambridge tend to drop by 50 vassar (they don't call it by number) to grab free rooms if possible
21:31 < srevilak> noe: no objections to 50 vassar (though I've never been there).  Is there someone we'd need to contact?
21:31 < noe> we could potentially do stuff at a local university if we know a student or so
21:31 < noe> *two
21:32 < noe> People tend to just go to 50 vassar, and the rule of thumb is if someone tells you to go, you go
21:32 < noe> so there is potential for moving around
21:32 < jokeefe> Whatever you feel comfortable with srevilak.  just want a location so I can advertise it
21:33 < noe> (I would be okay going to srevilak's I think)
21:34 < noe> If our party is going to be small for making things anyway, my place could serve
21:34 < noe> We've fit up to 30, and I sincerely doubt we'll get more than 10?
21:35 < noe> If I can be considered more central, since, hey, Somerville and all that.
21:35 < srevilak> noe: I think your place qualifies as more central :)
21:35 < jokeefe> that is closer to the T
21:35 < jokeefe> thanks for offering it, noe
21:35 < jokeefe> what time?
21:36 < noe> I get out from work at 4pm
21:36 < jokeefe> 6pm?
21:37 < noe> Sure
21:37 < jokeefe> too early srevilak?
21:37 < noe> 6pm-whenevs
21:37 < srevilak> jokeefe: I'll be there as soon as I can, sometime between 6-6:30
21:38 < jokeefe> ok 6pm+
21:38 < srevilak> what supplies do we need to gather?
21:38 < jokeefe> poster board, markers
21:40 < noe> You can call it Kamelamela HQ?
21:40 < jokeefe> aye!
21:41 < srevilak> From personal experience, (stiff) foam board is easier to march with than regular poster board
21:41 < srevilak> regular poster board tends to curl up on you
21:41 < jokeefe> good point
21:42 < srevilak> Maybe something like http://www.staples.com/Elmers-White-Foam-Board-20-inch-x-30-inch-10-Pack/product_506824 ?
21:42 < jokeefe> updated https://piratenpad.de/p/Pride2014
21:42 < jokeefe> anything we need to cover?
21:42 < srevilak> jokeefe: could do reimbursements or in-kinds
21:43 < jokeefe> aye, whatever works
21:43 < srevilak> volunteers to obtain and bring supplies?
21:44 < jokeefe> sure, can encourage them to bring supplies, though make sense to have some there for those who don't
21:45 < srevilak> jokeefe: having a package of foam board and package of markers could serve as a backstop
21:47 < srevilak> Of course, if people bring supplies, that's even better :)
21:47 < jokeefe> aye
21:48 < jokeefe> anything else we need to cover?
21:50 < srevilak> nothing from me.  Noe?
21:51 < noe> nothing from me.  please read my press release and add/change stuff
21:51 < noe> I like the About section a great deal.
21:51 < srevilak> noe: will do
21:51 < jokeefe> will do, Noe.
21:51 < jokeefe> motion to adjourn?
21:52 < srevilak> 2nd motion to adjourn
21:52 < jokeefe> all in favor?
21:52 < jokeefe> aye
21:52 < noe> aye
21:53 < srevilak> noe: I like the about section too :)
21:53 < jokeefe> motion passes.  thank you.  have a wonderful night all!