June 10th, 2020 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

What to do

I created a pad to write a set of policies we want implemented now. The aim is to focus on police/racism/economy issues as they are all bound together.

Projects

Goals for Q3 2020:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Computer donations

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed

Regional Meetings/Events

All meetings on hold due to Covid-19.

Leader: jokeefe

  • Boston (jokeefe)
  • Worcester (Malt)
  • Lowell (Joe)
  • Boston Pride Festival (emailed them that we transferred our table to 2021)
    • table booked
    • setup signup sheet
    • Announce
    • Need to purchase insurance
    • Need volunteer sign up form
    • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Bills

No clue where things are now due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Right to Repair

  • out of committee
  • next email will urge supporters to call their state senator/rep. and urge them to support it
  • see if people willing to setup meeting with reps.

Facial Recognition and other bills still in committee.

Platform Discussion

Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Tabled Projects

National Party

Boston Sex Worker Petition

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • Summer 2020, ?, Boston Meetup
  • Summer 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
  • Summer 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Culture House, Harvard Square
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNe Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 5/?, 2pm-4pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, on-line

Participants

Observers

  • davidd
  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • hvxgr_
  • Deffy
  • mikey
  • MikaelaSuomalainen

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:05pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_10th,_2020_IRC_Meeting
[9:05pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:05pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:05pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:05pm] Malt: Sam capradae Worcester
[9:06pm] jokeefe: anything to add?
[9:06pm] Malt: Nyet!
[9:06pm] Joe: I don't have much to add.  I have been busy on the personal front
[9:07pm] Malt: Likewise. Busy set of weeks!
[9:07pm] Joe: I do have some things to review in Video newsletter
[9:08pm] cparker[p]1 left the chat room. (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[9:08pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:09pm] cparker[p] joined the chat room.
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Don’t really have much.
[9:09pm] jokeefe: the pad for urgent platform items is up at https://pad.riseup.net/p/MAPP20200603WhatToDo
[9:09pm] Malt: Welcome
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Sent an email update on the Boston Face tech hearing. asked for donations/RCV signatures
[9:10pm] Malt: Seems fairly solid set of demands
[9:11pm] Joe: User commented:
[9:11pm] Joe: *Brian*(Name redacted for safty)  • 2 days ago (edited)
[9:11pm] Joe: Hi folks! Keep up the good work! #ACAB
[9:11pm] Joe: Imagine burning precincts...you can if you try.
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Hmmm… missed that
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Was that on youtube?
[9:12pm] Joe: Yes, plus we have over 100 subs now.  We lost one in the last few days but still over 100.
[9:12pm] jokeefe: It happens. Joe, what do you want to review in the video newsletter?
[9:13pm] Joe: Our weekly watch time is now over 1.5 hours, which is huge. People are watching our content which means we will need help of someone to monitor and engage any commentary on our behalf.
[9:14pm] Joe: We should respond to this post, what should I put in there?
[9:15pm] Malt left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
[9:15pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Thinking
[9:15pm] Malt: I don't think we need to respond
[9:16pm] jokeefe: burn up = To easily defeat or outshine all competitors.
[9:16pm] Joe: So no response for now?
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Trying to think of the wording
[9:17pm] Joe: That said, watching our audience retention, we lose 50% of them at just past the 5 minute mark, so keeping our videos short and sweet will really be key.
[9:17pm] jokeefe: “Thanks, Brian! We look forward to burn up our competition in the next election!”
[9:17pm] Joe: Even if we do a few videos and post them one day at a time.
[9:19pm] Joe: I used that jokeefe
[9:19pm] Joe: Thanks!
[9:20pm] Malt left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
[9:20pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:21pm] Malt: Welp
[9:21pm] jokeefe: I may not be able to make Sunday 7pm recording. Is there a later / earlier time we could record?
[9:21pm] Joe: I can do later, 8 maybe?
[9:22pm] Malt: Works for me
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Not sure I can make it then either.  If you two/three want to record without me, that is fine
[9:24pm] Joe: When do you think you will be available?
[9:25pm] jokeefe: possibly 9pm.
[9:25pm] Malt: We could take a week
[9:25pm] Joe: I want to keep it short anyways
[9:25pm] Joe: We can do 9.
[9:25pm] Malt: Ok
[9:26pm] Joe: I want to keep the next few more to "blasts" hyper focused on one topic each.  Pirate news shorts
[9:26pm] Malt: Blipverts
[9:27pm] jokeefe: short is good.
[9:27pm] jokeefe: 9pm then.
[9:27pm] Joe: 9 it is
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings/Events
[9:29pm] jokeefe: When do you see would have inperson meetings?
[9:29pm] Malt: Ehhhh
[9:29pm] Malt: I'm not quite there yet
[9:30pm] Joe: End of July/Early August is what I'm thinking
[9:30pm] Joe: I have the hotel to go down to CT on July 22
[9:31pm] Joe: I was hoping to be in touch with Pirate hopefuls then.
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Would make sense to email them soon
[9:31pm] Joe: I'll reach out on Sunday when I have more time available.
[9:31pm] jokeefe: thank you
[9:32pm] jokeefe: I am not sure that jitsi would be able to easily handle 20+ participants.
[9:33pm] Joe: I'll see about booking a hall down there to make it more of a conference.
[9:33pm] Malt: I'd think about an outdoors event
[9:34pm] Joe: We should probably plan to do NH, VT and NE as well.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: Those are good suggestions
[9:35pm] jokeefe: If we were going to have a conference outdoors, we should plan for September
[9:35pm] Joe: Sorry, ME, not nebraska
[9:36pm] Joe: Though that would be pretty cool too
[9:36pm] jokeefe: I’ll put together a conference survey then.
[9:38pm] Joe: That's all I have
[9:38pm] Joe: Motion to adjourn?
[9:38pm] jokeefe: Close poll in early July?
[9:38pm] Malt: 2nd
[9:39pm] Joe: Sounds good Jokeefe
[9:39pm] Malt: Agreed
[9:39pm] Joe: Make it for july 5 so everyone has an opportunity to vote on the 4th
[9:39pm] jokeefe: that makes sense
[9:39pm] jokeefe: all in favor of adjourning then?
[9:39pm] Joe: Aye
[9:40pm] Joe: #uspp
[9:40pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:40pm] jokeefe: yes
[9:40pm] jokeefe: I’ll post the notes
[9:40pm] Joe: ty
[9:40pm] Joe: gn Malt
[9:41pm] Joe: gn igel
[9:41pm] jokeefe: good night all