June 11th, 2015 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Reports

  1. Surveillance
    1. USA Freedom Act
    2. Section 702
  2. Fast Track legislation
  3. Other reports

Tasks

Event Planning

  1. Jun. 12, 6:30pm, Sign/Float making for Boston Pride Parade, Somerville
  2. Jun. 13, Boston Pride Parade - Sign up form Facebook event- blog post up, have asked for volunteers in email as well
  3. Jun. 21, 4-6pm, Pirate Council Meeting, Regina Pizzeria, 353 Cambridge St, Allston
  4. Jun. 25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, Somerville
  5. July 11, morning, IT Meeting, where?
  6. Summer, INEAS org cryptoparty?
  7. July/Aug, Pirate Picnic, Georges Island?, need poll & sign up form (asking for what people will bring)
  8. Sep. 19 & 20, Freedom Rally - Sign up form - have asked for volunteers in email as well, need blog post by July/Aug

Upcoming Events

  1. Jun. 12, 6:30pm, Sign/Float making for Boston Pride Parade, Somerville
  2. Jun. 13, Boston Pride Parade
  3. Jun. 20, Foreclosure advocacy group hack-a-thon
  4. Jun. 21, 4-6pm, Pirate Council Meeting
  5. Jun. 25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, Somerville
  6. July 11, morning, IT Meeting
  7. Jul. event?
  8. Aug. event?
  9. Sep. 19 & 20, Freedom Rally
  10. Oct. event?
  11. Nov. event?
  12. Dec. event?

Every Thu., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe)
  • noe (Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA)
  • itspara
  • aquaticonions

Observers

  • davidd
  • Pharyngeal
  • Techrev
  • Wiel_
  • zby

Summary

Minutes

 
21:00 < jokeefe> ahoy srevilak
21:00 < srevilak> hi all
21:01 < jokeefe> agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_11th,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:02 < jokeefe> ids - James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:02 < noe> Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville
21:02 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
21:04 < jokeefe> Reports - Surveillance bills
21:04 < jokeefe> USA Freedom Act passed with a majority of MA delegation
        supporting it
21:05 < jokeefe> hi itspara
21:05 < jokeefe> house just voted to defund Section 702
21:05 < srevilak> jokeefe: that's good news.  Hopefully we're as lucky
        with FTTA
21:06 < jokeefe> yes
21:07 < noe> :)
21:07 < jokeefe> FTTA vote is tomorrow.  every rep is against it except
        maybe Moulton
21:10 < jokeefe> house voting to prevent FCC from implementting net
        neutrality rules, but probably won’t get past senate
21:10 < jokeefe> any other reports?
21:13 < jokeefe> Event planning
21:14 < jokeefe> Tomorrow, 6:30pm, Sign/Float making for Boston Pride
        Parade, Somerville
21:14 < noe> i'll see you tomorrow!  i'll bring the swag
21:14 < jokeefe> srevilak, you bringing the boat piece by tomorrow?
21:14 < srevilak> jokeefe: will do
21:14 < jokeefe> do you want me to come by and pick it up?
21:15 < noe> i'll probably have it at work.  i hope the post office is
        sincere and actually has the swag otherwise i'll be sad tomorrow.
21:15 < srevilak> I can bring it over after work
21:16 < jokeefe> great
21:17 < jokeefe> I have some post board from last year.  anyone able to
        bring materials by tomorrow?
21:17 < srevilak> At the very least, I have markers, black acrylic paint,
        orange spraypaint
21:18 < noe> I hope to be loaded with swag.
21:18 < jokeefe> yay!
21:20 < jokeefe> I have paints and maybe some markers
21:21 < jokeefe> 5 people said they would march with us on facebook
        (not including noe & me)
21:22 < noe> whoo!
21:22 < jokeefe> 11 maybes
21:22 < aquaticonions> ahoy
21:22 < noe> so, maybe 20-ish?  not bad
21:22 < noe> i hope maybe other pirates are already marching, its a hard
        year to choose, actually.
21:23 < noe> Its the 45th anniversary, so every single group I'm a part
        of is marching
21:23 < noe> Including my work.
21:24 < jokeefe> ahoy aquaticonions
21:25 < jokeefe> plus at least four more
21:25 < jokeefe> who signed up on-line
21:26 < jokeefe> so over ten at least
21:27 < noe> more than the March Against Monsanto  :)
21:28 < jokeefe> true
21:29 < jokeefe> srevilak and I have to show up before 10am, to get
        badges.
21:30 < jokeefe> everyone else by 11:30 or so
21:30 < noe> i'll be there with bells on
21:30 < jokeefe> should know assembly area by tomorrow
21:30 < jokeefe> ring a ling
21:31 < noe> ring dem bells!  i'm also excited about finally meeting as
        a Pirate Council.  :D  it'll be nice to see people in person.
21:32 < jokeefe> yes
21:32 < noe> does anyone know how planning for the Cryptoparty on the
25th is going?
21:32 < jokeefe> don’t know.  email Halley.
21:32 < jokeefe> BTW: Jun. 21, late afternoon, Pirate Council Meeting,
        Regina Pizzeria, 353 Cambridge St, Allston
21:33 < jokeefe> Speaking of cryptoparties.  What about one in July?
21:36 < noe> weekend of the 25th?
21:37 < noe> I'll be out of town for the 4th, but in town for the rest.
21:37 < srevilak> Where would we do this?  Who to work with?
21:38 < jokeefe> So many possibilities: ACLU, makerspaces, libraries
21:39 < noe> is this related to INEAS?  I think they're located in
        Cambridge, did we want to focus on spaces in Cambridge?
21:40 < jokeefe> it is a possibility
21:42 < jokeefe> srevilak, any word from Worcester folk?
21:44 < srevilak> jokeefe: haven't contacted anyone in worcester.
        Didn't realize it should have been on my todo list
21:44 < jokeefe> I am happy to call, but I don’t have his info
21:45 < jokeefe> ahoy bestpiggy
21:45 < noe> i can call people if someone needs calling.
21:45 < bestpiggy> hi all sorry im late, im managed to get hit by a bike
        on a sidewalk
21:45 < srevilak> ouch :(
21:45 < srevilak> hope you're okay
21:45 < noe> ahoy bestpiggy.  hope you're doing ok.
21:46 < bestpiggy> thanks, im alive, just a little scratched and bruised.
21:47 < jokeefe> glad it wasn’t worse.  hope you feel better soon
21:47 < bestpiggy> thanks alot guys!
21:49 < jokeefe> srevilak, do you  have the Worcester gentleman’s
        contact info?
21:49 < srevilak> jokeefe: no.  Just the web site url
21:49 < srevilak> if you could contact, that'd be great
21:50 < jokeefe> ok, would you send it to noe and I and we can see about
        contacting him?
21:51 < jokeefe> last thing - when do we want to have the Pirate Picnic
        and where?
21:52 < noe> we should do it sometime between the last two weeks of July
        and the first two weeks of August.
21:52 < srevilak> jokeefe, noe: http://www.stonesoupworcester.org/
21:53 < noe> I think colleges will have orientation starting by the 3rd
        week of August.  when does elementary/high school start again?
21:53 < jokeefe> oh, I was talking about the guy from Worcester who
        attended the Danger!Awesome cryptoparty
21:53 < noe> srevilak:  thanks
21:53 < jokeefe> noe, after labor day
21:53 < aquaticonions> High school starts last week of august
21:53 < aquaticonions> mine anyways
21:54 < aquaticonions> If we could do pirate picnic the week of August
2nd that would be awesome
21:54 < srevilak> oh - that fellow from worcester.  Will send you his
        contact info
21:55 < noe> Yes, we should do it before school(s) start.
21:55 < noe> I like August 2nd.  Seconded!
21:56 < jokeefe> thanks srevilak
21:57 < noe> (ouch, 4 more minutes!)  do we have other things we need
        to talk about tonight?
21:57 < srevilak> aug 2 works for me too
21:57 < jokeefe> August 2nd, will see if any objections.
21:57 < jokeefe> where? Georges Island again?
21:58 < srevilak> I like Georges Island
21:59 < jokeefe> Might want to start earlier or have an advance team to
        make sure we get a good space with shade
22:00 < jokeefe> well we are at time, will see what others think
22:01 < jokeefe> motion adjourn, is there a 2nd?
22:01 < srevilak> 2nd
22:01 < aquaticonions> 2nd
22:01 < jokeefe> all in favor?
22:02 < srevilak> aye
22:02 < aquaticonions> aye
22:02 < jokeefe> aye
22:02 < srevilak> will post notes
22:02 < jokeefe> any opposed?
22:02 < jokeefe> thanks, srevilak
22:03 < noe> night all!
22:03 < jokeefe> motion passes