June 13th, 2016 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
(Redirected from June 12th, 2016 IRC Meeting)
Jump to navigationJump to search


  • Boston Pride Parade

Campaigns Status

Aaron James Campaign

  • 6/14, Fundraiser, Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave, Somerville, Massachusetts 02143

PirateCon 2016

  • Date set at 6/25.
  • Speaker sign up & registration (pay/nonpay) forms and conference page are up.


  • Get word out
    • Email act-ma and other lists
    • Flyers (KM will make one.)
    • Call supporters
    • Poster
  • Food
  • Plan post-conference activity

Pirate Picnic

  • Pick date
  • Have flyer for PirateCon

Upcoming Events

  1. 6/14, Fundraiser, Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave, Somerville, Massachusetts 02143
  2. 6/25, 10am-6pm, PirateCon 2016
  3. 6/29, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, 577 Somerville Ave., Somerville
  4. July, WMass Cryptoparty?
  5. 7/27, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, 577 Somerville Ave., Somerville
  6. July-Aug Pirate Picnic
  7. 8/31, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, 577 Somerville Ave., Somerville
  8. Sep., Freedom Rally
  9. 9/28, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, 577 Somerville Ave., Somerville

Every Wed., Digital Fourth meeting, noon-1pm, 101 Main Street, Cambridge


  • jokeefe
  • srevilak
  • igel
  • kendra
  • Bluestreak


  • davidd


Pride. 8--10 people marched with us. That's not our biggest showing, but we got a good response from the crowd.

Aaron has a fundraiser tomorrow. 6:30pm at Somerville Armory. Jamie will be speaking on privacy; steve will be speaking on affordable housing.

Piratecon speakers are covered. Need to collect some bios. Steve will attempt to round up missing bios. No luck finding someone to provide child care, and no one requested child care. So, we're going to skip child care this year. Steve has a solid audio streaming setup. Video streaming wasn't quite as reliable (tended to have pauses). However, we can stream audio but capture audio and video. Steve will get together with Jamie over the weekend to try setup using Jamie's camera. Need someone to pick up coffee/breakfast that morning. Bluestreak will bring snacks later in the day. Will ask activist list for volunteers to bring breakfast. Will also try to make phone calls, to drum up conference attendance. Will do dinner afterwards, perhaps across the street at Brownstone.

Pirate Picnic. Tentative date: Sunday, August 7th.


21:02 <@jokeefe> Agenda -
21:02 <@jokeefe> ids
21:02 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:02 <@srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
21:02 <@igel> Will Fleurant, Arlington MA
21:04 <@jokeefe> hmmm… wiki seems slow.  DDos?
21:04 <@jokeefe> Reviews
21:04 <@jokeefe> Pride went well.  Had about 8-10 people all told
21:05 <@jokeefe> Great crowd response
21:05 <@jokeefe> I will put my pictures up soon
21:06 <@jokeefe> wiki seems up now
21:07 <@igel> s'okay now
21:07 <@jokeefe> other insights, srevilak?
21:07 <@srevilak> I agree, pride parade went well.  Not our biggest
        turnout ever, but not a bad showing
21:08 <@srevilak> the crowd response was good, though
21:09 <@jokeefe> yeah, we have been here before turnout wise
21:09 <@jokeefe> Campaigns Status - Aaron has a fundraiser tomorrow
21:11  * srevilak will come prepared to talk about affordable housing
21:12  * srevilak will also attempt to record audio for posting to
21:12 <@jokeefe> thanks. I have the position on privacy
21:13 <@jokeefe> PirateCon 2016
21:13 <@jokeefe> materials are covered
21:14 <@srevilak> hi Kendra
21:14 <@jokeefe> ahoy
21:14 <@jokeefe> Agenda -
21:14 < Kendra> Hi All, Kendra Moyer in Highland Park, MI
21:14 <@igel> hi kendra o/
21:15 <@jokeefe> just going over PirateCon
21:16 <@jokeefe> I put up some bios, am missing others
21:16 < Bluestreak> Ahoy
21:16 <@jokeefe> srevilak, would you ask them for bios?
21:17 <@srevilak> jokeefe: will do
21:17 <@jokeefe> thank you
21:17 <@jokeefe> hi Bluestreak
21:17 <@jokeefe> Agenda -
21:17 < Bluestreak> Where are we?
21:17 <@jokeefe> piratecon
21:18 <@jokeefe> Bluestreak said we don’t have anyone to organize
        child care, unfortunately
21:18 < Bluestreak> I don’t, anyway.
21:19 <@jokeefe> since we don’t have anyone asking for it, suggest we
        pull it
21:19 <@srevilak> jokeefe: agreed
21:21 <@jokeefe> any other objections?
21:23 <@srevilak> When appropriate, I have a brief update on streaming
21:24 <@jokeefe> ok, pulling childcare - will update site
21:24 <@jokeefe> sure, stream on
21:25 <@srevilak> (sorry, was on phone with aaron)
21:25 <@srevilak> over the weekend, got a nice streaming setup working
        on laptop
21:25 <@srevilak> using MF/PL's icecast server, audio streaming is
        rock solid.  Video tended to have pauses.
21:25 <@srevilak> So, suggest we go with audio.
21:25 <@srevilak> However, I can stream audio, but capture audio and
        video for later use
21:26 <@jokeefe> works for me, thank you
21:26 <@srevilak> jokeefe: would like to try your webcam.  Mine only
        seems to do 10 frames/sec
21:26 <@srevilak> looks a little choppy
21:26 <@srevilak> out
21:26 <@jokeefe> sure, do you want to test this week(end)?
21:27 <@srevilak> sure -- will have to be saturday.  Will work out
        arrangements after meeting
21:28 <@jokeefe> ok
21:28 <@jokeefe> I can just bring it by
21:28 <@srevilak> ok
21:28 <@jokeefe> Food - who will get breakfast?
21:29 <@jokeefe> nevermind, I will email activist list and see
21:29  * srevilak plans to be occupied with a/v tech that morning
21:30 <@Bluestreak> We have to drop AJ at driving school
21:30 <@Bluestreak> Will bring snacks.
21:31 <@jokeefe> coffee and donuts are great.  thank you
21:31 <@Bluestreak> No
21:31 <@Bluestreak> Misunderstanding
21:31 <@Bluestreak> We won’t be there for breakfast
21:31 <@jokeefe> got it
21:31 <@Bluestreak> Snacks as in chips and hummus etc.
21:31 <@Bluestreak> For later in the day
21:32 <@jokeefe> thanks. will email about bfast
21:32 <@jokeefe> will email volunteers to see who can make calls
21:33 <@jokeefe> emails this week
21:33 <@jokeefe> hopefully flyer design by end of week
21:33 <@jokeefe> what do we want to do after it? dinner?
21:35 <@srevilak> Dinner would be good.  Browstone (across the street)
        isn't bad
21:35 <@srevilak> Dinner would be good.  Brownstone (across the street)
        isn't bad
21:37 <@jokeefe> menu - http://www.brownstoneboston.com/menus/dinner/
21:37 <@jokeefe> what did seating look like?
21:37 <@srevilak> There's a mix, a few big tables, some smaller ones
21:37 <@srevilak> It's a pub
21:40 <@jokeefe> Get a list of who will attend by 4pm, make reservation?
21:40 <@srevilak> That should works
21:40 <@srevilak> That should work
21:42 <@jokeefe> anything else on piratecon?
21:44 <@jokeefe> Pirate Picnic - when?
21:44 <@jokeefe> Not July 22-24th
21:45 <@Bluestreak> AJ is in camp until the 24th would like to bring
        him so agreed
21:47 <@jokeefe> early August?
21:47 <@srevilak> ok with early august
21:49 <@jokeefe> Sunday the 7th?
21:51 <@jokeefe> Bueller?
21:52 <@srevilak> 8/7 is okay with me
21:54 <@jokeefe> anyone else?
21:54 <@Kendra> sounds good
21:56 <@jokeefe> will email list and see if there are any other
21:56 <@jokeefe> we are at time
21:56 <@jokeefe> well almost
21:56 <@jokeefe> anything else to discuss now or next week?
21:58 <@igel> no sir
21:59 <@jokeefe> shall we adjourn, then?
21:59 <@srevilak> motion to adjourn
21:59 <@jokeefe> 2nd
21:59 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
22:00 <@srevilak> aye
22:00 <@Kendra> aye, nite
22:00 <@igel> aye, cheers, night
22:00 <@jokeefe> aye
22:00 <@jokeefe> good night all
22:01 <@srevilak> will post transcript