June 19th, 2019 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

National Party News

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q2:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Leader:

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Update Platform

Mesh Net

Leader: igel[m]

Cryptoparties

Set for June 26th.

Leader:

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

  • update civicrm software - Done
  • meeting scheduled July 13th, 11am-1pm, Arlington
  • update blog theme
  • find discussion/voting system
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

HD388 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. There isn't a hearing date for it yet.

Action items:

  • Tell our supporters how to oppose it
  • Look out for a hearing date
  • If possible, reach out to other groups to organize a lobby day

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Computer Donations

https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 6/25, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/25, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 6/30, 2pm-4pm, Leadership/Activist/Volunteer Meetup, Somerville
  • 7/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 7/13, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  •  ?, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke

Participants

  • jokeefe
  • Pirate_Joe
  • srevilak
  • Malt

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • hvxgr_
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • igel[m]

Summary

National Party News. Received webmaster's report last week. Big document, 80 pages.

Holoyoke meeting postponed to a later date.

Social meeting on Jun 29th; jokeefe sent announcement to volunteers.

Did a pirate news video this past weekend. May need a touch of editing.

Next pirate news recording: 10a on Sunday. We'll make that the usual time.

Somerville cryptoparty next Wednesday, covering 2FA devices.

Civicrm updated to latest version. Next tech meeting: we'll focus on updating our wordpress theme. Next tech meeting is July 13th, 11-13:00 in Arlington.

Minutes

 
21:11 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_19th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
21:12 <@jokeefe> ids
21:12 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:12 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:12 < Pirate_Joe> Joseph Onoroski Lowell
21:13 <@jokeefe> anything to add?
21:14 < Pirate_Joe> Not this week.
21:14 <@jokeefe> Review
21:15 <@jokeefe> National Party News - do you have anything to report
        Pirate_Joe?
21:16 < Pirate_Joe> Last week we reviewed our new webmaster's report. Its
        80, tldr. I will get back to you on it.
21:17 < Pirate_Joe> 80 pages
21:17 <@jokeefe> thank you
21:18 < Pirate_Joe> I like the new wiki btw jokeefe
21:18 < Pirate_Joe> Same login?
21:20 <@jokeefe> national one?
21:21 < Pirate_Joe> Yes, figure its something you had in place.
21:21 <@jokeefe> It is our old wiki
21:21 <@jokeefe> I didn’t set it up
21:22 <@jokeefe> Projects
21:22 <@jokeefe> Regional Meetings
21:22 <@jokeefe> posted about the Holyoke meeting being moved.  Will send
        out email tomorrow
21:23 <@jokeefe> emailed volunteers about the meeting on the 29th
21:24 <@jokeefe> will send another reminder next week
21:25 < Pirate_Joe> Thank you.
21:25 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter
21:25 <@jokeefe> how did Sunday’s recording go?
21:25 < srevilak> some improvisation
21:26 < Pirate_Joe> You should watch it!
21:26 < srevilak> We have a recording, currently private on youtube
        channel
21:26 <@jokeefe> ok. do you want me to make it public?
21:26 < srevilak> may need some editing
21:26 < Pirate_Joe> Well I think. Please review and determine what would
        be best.
21:26 < srevilak> (just removal of dead air and such)
21:27 < Pirate_Joe> We hit a lot of good points but was done from my
        phone. Have a few bloopers.
21:28 < srevilak> Pirate_Joe made a respectable effort nonetheless
21:28 <@jokeefe> ok. will look it over
21:28 < Pirate_Joe> Honestly I would not mind publishing the entire cast
        but some editing would be better.
21:29 <@jokeefe> more pauses than usual?
21:29 < Pirate_Joe> If you have the time.
21:29 < Pirate_Joe> And distractions.
21:29 <@jokeefe> public it goes then! ;-)
21:30 <@jokeefe> When should we record the next one?
21:30 < Pirate_Joe> I think at the picnic.
21:31 < Pirate_Joe> Or this Sunday.
21:32 < Pirate_Joe> For some reason I thought the picnic was this
        coming weekend.
21:32 <@jokeefe> Next weekend
21:32 <@jokeefe> 30th
21:33 < Pirate_Joe> I should have good availability this Sunday then.
21:33 <@jokeefe> I am open Sunday
21:33 <@jokeefe> When works?
21:34 < srevilak> I have 11a vet appointment.  I could do 12:00 or 12:30
21:34 < Pirate_Joe> Shoot for 10 or 8 PM?
21:35 <@jokeefe> ahoy
21:35 < Malt> Hi
21:35 < srevilak> hi Malt
21:35 <@jokeefe> Morning videos have more light
21:35 < Malt> Sam capradae, Worcester
21:36 <@jokeefe> talking about when to record Sunday
21:36 < Malt> I am occupied then, sorry
21:37 <@jokeefe> Dang
21:37 < Pirate_Joe> ^
21:38 < srevilak> I could do 10a Sunday
21:38 < Pirate_Joe> Maybe next video. I am going to be going more
        technical for this next video
21:38 <@jokeefe> Technical is good. What did you have in mind?
21:39 < Pirate_Joe> I want to discuss surveillance and gun fire detection
        units.
21:39 < Malt> Those things never work
21:39 < Malt> Go after em
21:39 < Pirate_Joe> Then finish with illegal spying.
21:39 < Pirate_Joe> Gov/private
21:40 < Pirate_Joe> Close on representing the picnic
21:41 < srevilak> sounds good
21:41 <@jokeefe> I agree.
21:41 <@jokeefe> So 10am?
21:41 < Pirate_Joe> Aye
21:42 < srevilak> I have a hard stop, so no dilly dallying :)
21:42 < Pirate_Joe> That seems like a good time most of the time..... want
        to make that our regular schedule?
21:43 < srevilak> I'm okay with that
21:43 < Pirate_Joe> I will try to be brief on each one.
21:43 < Pirate_Joe> "Try"
21:44  * Pirate_Joe actually does the air quotes even though no one
        is watching.
21:44 <@jokeefe> try is fine
21:44 <@jokeefe> 10am Sunday.
21:44 <@jokeefe> it is then
21:44 < Pirate_Joe> That is all I have.
21:44 <@jokeefe> Sorry you won’t be able to join us Malt
21:45 < Malt> :(
21:45 < Malt> I got a pair of gigs that day
21:45 <@jokeefe> Good luck!
21:46 <@jokeefe> igel[m] - any update on Mesh Nets?
21:47 <@jokeefe> Cryptoparties - Somerville one is this Wednesday on
       2FA devices like YubiKeys
21:47 <@jokeefe> I am helping with another one in September
21:48 <@jokeefe> Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) - srevilak updated our
        old version of CiviCRM
21:49 <@jokeefe> next one is July 13th, 11am-1pm, Arlington
21:50 < srevilak> yes, a pleasantly uneventful upgrade
21:50 < srevilak> (as opposed to an unpleasantly eventful one)
21:50 < Malt> Nice
21:51 <@jokeefe> aye that
21:52 <@jokeefe> That is all I have. Been a bit busy of late.
21:53 < Pirate_Joe> Motion to adjourn?
21:54 <@jokeefe> 2nd
21:54 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:54 < srevilak> aye
21:54 < Pirate_Joe> Aye
21:54 <@jokeefe> aye
21:54 < srevilak> (will post transcript)