June 20th, 2017 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

  • Cambridge anti-surveillance meeting

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Our Elections

To Do:

  • Send email reminder about nominations this week and next
  • Setup ballot (srevilak). For this election, we are implementing Voting Tokens
  • Send out ballot this week (jokeefe)
  • Send out reminder ballots before polls close (jokeefe)
  • Close polls (srevilak)
  • Count results (srevilak/jokeefe)
  • Publish results - 6/14 (jokeefe) - Emailed/posted on 6/20
  • Setup meeting with new office holders (jokeefe) - In process
  • Review regular IRC meeting day - poll sent, based on results it is looking like it won't change

Day against DRM

Talking with the Boston organizer, it looks like July 8th is a better day for the Day Against DRM. Working out the exact time. Todo:

To Dos

  • email Loomio invite to supporters by 6/23 (jokeefe)
  • email/post about support of Internet-wid Day of Action to Save Net Neutrality
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)
  • finish setup of myBB (jokeefe)
  • install mattermost as slack alternative (jokeefe)

Upcoming Events

See: 2017 calendar

Participants

  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • hvxgr: Tom Rodman (Milwaukee)
  • Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell

Observers

  • davidd
  • igel
  • papegaai
  • Techrev

Summary

  • Review - Cambridge anti-surveillance meeting - was well attended. hopefully we will get more progress on the local ordinances to put oversight on city purchases of surveillance equipment
  • Fields Corner BPL cryptoparty we just had went well. Got about 8 attendees and they wanted us to come back
  • Setting up Pirate Council meeting
  • Locking down Day against DRM time this week

Minutes

 
hvxgr joined the chat room.
[9:01pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:02pm] hvxgr: ahoy
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_20th,_2017_IRC_Meeting
[9:07pm] papegaai: Title: June 20th, 2017 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate Wiki (at masspirates.org)
[9:07pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:07pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:10pm] hvxgr: Tom Rodman (Milwaukee)
[9:12pm] hvxgr: Are there enough here for a mtg?
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Review - Cambridge anti-surveillance meeting - was well attended. hopefully we will get more progress on the local ordinances to put oversight on city purchases of surveillance equipment
[9:12pm] hvxgr: k
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Also, the cryptoparty we just had went well.  Got about 8 attendees and they wanted us to come back
[9:13pm] jokeefe: how are things in Milwaukee?
[9:14pm] hvxgr: Odd evening...
[9:14pm] Joe: How so?
[9:14pm] hvxgr: A mother duck and 8 ducklins were in a puddle in my back yard.
[9:14pm] jokeefe: ahoy Joe
[9:14pm] jokeefe: sounds cute, hvxgr
[9:14pm] Joe: Ahoy Jamie, I have been here the entire time, lol
[9:15pm] jokeefe: please id, thanks
[9:15pm] Joe: id
[9:15pm] hvxgr: Long story short, ducks are easy to herd.  I herded  them 3 blocks all the way into the lake.
[9:15pm] Joe: ?
[9:15pm] Joe: ids
[9:15pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:16pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Our Elections - got the announcement out in email and on the website
[9:16pm] Joe: We need to connect in order to get Quartermaster post squared.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:17pm] jokeefe: a Saturday or a weekday
[9:18pm] Techrev left the chat room. (Quit: ZNC - http://znc.in)
[9:18pm] jokeefe: let’s follow up via email
[9:19pm] Joe: This Saturday is tough for me this week.  Sounds good.
[9:19pm] jokeefe: good to know
[9:19pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:19pm] jokeefe: In the process of setting up a meeting of the pirate council.
[9:19pm] Joe: Can we do Sunday?
[9:20pm] jokeefe: I can
[9:20pm] jokeefe: Will followup via email, too
[9:21pm] jokeefe: looks like Tuesday is the preferred day, but will send another email out and can settle on it by Friday
[9:22pm] jokeefe: Day against DRM is on. trying to settle on a time with the Boston organizer
[9:23pm] Techrev joined the chat room.
[9:25pm] Joe: sorry
[9:25pm] jokeefe: no worries. should be a good opportunity to turn people out
[9:26pm] jokeefe: There are a bunch of To Dos, but that is all I have.
[9:26pm] Joe: Did the other party members ever get in touch with you about the meeting?
[9:26pm] hvxgr: Nothing to add here.
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Malt did
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Noelani cannot make. Will keep it to the Pirate Council for the first meeting
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Will follow up in email tonight
[9:28pm] Joe: As far as the post goes, I am just about set up here to get things done, we just need to do the bank swap and I'll send in the letter to the OCPF
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Sounds good.
[9:29pm] Joe: Steve was amazing in explaining everything and walked my through the process.
[9:29pm] Joe: *me
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Yes, he knows his stuff
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Your 5pm limitation, is that Sat or Sun or both?
[9:30pm] Joe: I agree
[9:30pm] Joe: I can do after 5pm and it was for Sunday.
[9:31pm] jokeefe: ok, that works. Thanks. will email all
[9:31pm] Joe: Ok, great
[9:32pm] jokeefe: Ideas you want to share?
[9:33pm] Joe: Nothing at this time. I am saving most of it for the face to face.
[9:33pm] jokeefe: works for me
[9:33pm] Joe: But I know currently I have quite a few jobs to fill.  I will be happy to do my best until I'm dead or you find someone better.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: Thanks. Do what you can do and lets find more people. 
[9:34pm] jokeefe: Shall we adjourn then?
[9:35pm] Joe: I second
[9:35pm] hvxgr: ok.
[9:35pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:35pm] Joe: Aye
[9:35pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:35pm] hvxgr: aye
[9:35pm] jokeefe: thanks all. have a good night.
[9:35pm] jokeefe: will post the notes
[9:35pm] Joe: You as well.