June 4th, 2015 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Reports

  1. Left Forum talk
  2. Video & Audio recordings of the conference
  3. Other reports

Tasks

Materials

  1. How goes the purchase of MAPP flags?
  2. KM offered to put together a flier. Should have by Friday

Event Planning

  1. Jun. 7, afternoon, Sign/Float making for Boston Pride Parade, where?
  2. Jun. 13, Boston Pride Parade - Sign up form Facebook event- blog post up, have asked for volunteers in email as well
  3. Jun. 20, Worcester Cryptoparty?
  4. Jun. 21, late afternoon, Pirate Council Meeting, where?
  5. Jun. 25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, Somerville
  6. July 11, morning, IT Meeting, where?
  7. Summer, INEAS org cryptoparty?
  8. July/Aug, Pirate Picnic, Georges Island?, need poll & sign up form (asking for what people will bring)
  9. Sep. 19 & 20, Freedom Rally - Sign up form - have asked for volunteers in email as well, need blog post by July/Aug

Defer to next meeting

  1. Restore the 4th Bills - Jamie hasn't posted blog post about them. Will this weekend.
    1. SD1546 Mandates Police Bodycams, protects data - Summary, Bill text
    2. HD430, Reining in Militarization in Massachusetts - Summary & Bill text

Upcoming Events

  1. Jun. 13, Boston Pride Parade
  2. Jun. 20, Worcester Cryptoparty?
  3. Jun. 20, Foreclosure advocacy group hack-a-thon
  4. Jun. 21, 4-6pm, Pirate Council Meeting
  5. Jun. 25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, Somerville
  6. July 11, morning, IT Meeting
  7. Jul. event?
  8. Aug. event?
  9. Sep. 19 & 20, Freedom Rally
  10. Oct. event?
  11. Nov. event?
  12. Dec. event?

Every Thu., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge

Participants

  • josepham (Joseph Moore, Rochester NY)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA)
  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe)
  • js0000 (saylor le waltham)
  • igel (William Fleurant, Arlington)
  • bestpiggy (olivia pineyro boston)
  • noe (Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville, MA)

Observers

  • davidd
  • Pharyngeal
  • Techrev
  • Wiel_

Summary

Left forum. Overall, went well. Got some nice photos of the event. Next year, we should make an effort to record audio. If we need a projector next year, we should bring our own as a backup. In at least one panel I attended, the projector wasn't working.

Pride. Sign making on Sunday. Tentatively at Parts and Crafts. Marshalls must check in between 10:00 and 11:00. (11:00 is a hard end time for checkin). Start lining up at 11:00; parade kicks off at noon. Probably best to have marchers arrive between 11:00 and 11:30. Probably best to take public transit.

Worcester cryptoparty. http://www.stonesoupworcester.org/ could be a nice space. May also be nice to try doing a cryptoparty in conjunction with WPL, rather than simply doing it at the WPL. Also: Jamie, Steve, and Kendra have been doing a little work with a foreclosure rights group; they were planning a civicrm hackathon on June 20th).

Pirate Council IPM (6/21). Where to host? Perhaps Regina Pizzeria in Allston? Okay, Regina Pizzeria it is.

Minutes

 
21:03 < jokeefe> agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_4th,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:03 < jokeefe> ids - James O’Keefe
21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
21:03 < igel> William Fleurant, Arlington
21:03 < igel> hi
21:03 < josepham> Joseph Moore, Rochester NY
21:04 < josepham> for now
21:04 < js0000> ahoy!
21:05 < jokeefe> ahoy bestpiggy, js0000
21:05 < jokeefe> just on ids
21:05 < jokeefe> agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_4th,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:05 < bestpiggy> hey all
21:06 < js0000> j saylor le waltham
21:06 < jokeefe> Reports
21:06 < bestpiggy> olivia pineyro boston
21:07 < jokeefe> left forum went well for the last session of the
        conference.  good discussion
21:07 < js0000> nice pix on twitter
21:07 < jokeefe> julie took them
21:08 < jokeefe> srevilak - insights?
21:08 < jokeefe> ahoy noe
21:08 < noe> ahoy!
21:08 < srevilak> I thought it went well.
21:08 < srevilak> Perhaps we should have had longer introductions.
        That's my only afterthought
21:09 < noe> (derp, ID- Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville, MA)
21:09 < srevilak> the pictures did look rather nice
21:10 < srevilak> on the bright side, we avoided many of the tech problems
        plaguing other panels
21:10 < jokeefe> well we had no tech ;-)
21:11 < srevilak> which is why we had no tech problems :)
21:11 < noe> winning!
21:11 < jokeefe> what were their problems?
21:11 < srevilak> at the very least, I think we may have hooked USPP up
        with a new person.  Seems like a good thing
21:12 < jokeefe> yay!
21:12 < srevilak> jokeefe: tech problems: mostly video conference related,
        some audio related.  Some rooms with projector not working
21:12 < jokeefe> so next year, bring one as a back up?
21:12 < srevilak> If we need a projector.
21:13 < srevilak> Next year - should make an effort to record audio
21:13 < jokeefe> will need good mics
21:14 < jokeefe> speaking of audio recording - Video & Audio recordings
        of the conference: have copies of the video recordings - will put them
        up and get them to others for processing
21:14 < jokeefe> noe did a great job on the three pirate show videos
21:15 < josepham> good to hear
21:17 < jokeefe> Other reports?
21:17 < noe> *curtsies*
21:19 < jokeefe> Tasks - Materials - Flags - James hasn’t found anything
        better than what he had before
21:21 < jokeefe> he offered to see about stenciling them, will send him
        art work
21:21 < jokeefe> I am asking if any other party has flags besides
        the germans
21:24 < jokeefe> KM offered to make a flier design by Friday.  I have
        the flags from Bluelustreak
21:25 < jokeefe> Events:
21:25 < jokeefe> Jun. 7, afternoon, Sign/Float making for Boston Pride
        Parade - who can host?
21:25 < srevilak> halley had mentioned Parts and Crafts
21:26 < srevilak> We didn't confirm a time, though
21:26 < jokeefe> is there a fee?  if free, campaign finance requires
        that we ask if they offer it free to others
21:26 < srevilak> (as far as I can remember)
21:26 < srevilak> jokeefe: would have to ask
21:27 < jokeefe> would she be around for it?
21:28 < srevilak> I got the impression she would be.  Will ask
21:28 < jokeefe> thanks
21:30 < jokeefe> Jun. 13, Boston Pride Parade - been including it in
        emails, tweeting, facebook.  will get an email out Monday morning.
        calls to locals this weekend would be good.
21:32 < jokeefe> ahoy Kendra
21:32 < Kendra> Hi Everyone
21:33 < jokeefe> discussing pride parade
21:33 < igel> zz early night l8r..
21:33 < jokeefe> srevilak, suggest folks get there by 11:30 or 11am?
21:34 < srevilak> checking slides
21:35 < srevilak> marshalls need to check in between 10 & 11 (11:00 am
        is a hard end time)
21:35 < srevilak> groups line up from 11
21:35 < srevilak> parade starts at 12
21:36 < srevilak> arriving 11 - 11:30 sounds good
21:37 < jokeefe> please talk it up
21:37 < jokeefe> I know me, srevilak will be there.  what about others?
21:38 < noe> i will be there
21:38 < noe> i recommend public transport, if possible.
21:38 < jokeefe> aye
21:38 < bestpiggy> i can make it
21:39 < jokeefe> thanks
21:39 < jokeefe> js0000 signed up
21:39 < noe> if you do need to bring a car, don't park it where the
        parade ends, park it near where the parade begins.
21:39 < jokeefe> plus some more signed up on facebook
21:40 < Kendra> I will be there
21:40 < noe> and drive in early if you are bringing a car.
21:42 < jokeefe> thanks
21:43 < jokeefe> Bluelustreak and JFiero may be there
21:44 < jokeefe> srevilak - Jun. 20, Worcester Cryptoparty?
21:45 < srevilak> jokeefe: possibly.  We'd tentatively set June 20th as
        a hackathon date for the foreclosure advocacy group
21:46 < jokeefe> do we have locations for either?
21:46 < srevilak> I'm not aware of locations (if we have them)
21:47 < noe> where is the foreclosure advocacy group based?
21:48 < noe> could find a location local to them, maybe?
21:48 < jokeefe> Worcester/Boston
21:49 < srevilak> jokeefe: for worcester, person I met at libre planet
        suggested this place: http://www.stonesoupworcester.org/
21:50 < noe> grassroots power!  I am interested.
21:50 < jokeefe> been a while since I was there
21:50 < srevilak> approaching them, and setting date by 6/20 might be
        kind of tight
21:50 < srevilak> unless you already have contacts :)
21:50 < srevilak> (never been there myself)
21:50 < jokeefe> there was street parking, but no sure if it was permit
        only on a sat.
21:50 < Kendra> We should definitely have a Plan B and C including the
        Worcester Library
21:51 < noe> could be busy
21:51 < jokeefe> didn’t the guy who suggested the cryptoparty have a
        maker space in mind?
21:51 < Kendra> Just suggesting a back up location just in case
21:51 < srevilak> FWIW, given turnout of our last two worcester events,
        I'm hesitant to try to pull one together on short notice
21:52 < srevilak> Perhaps instead of doing cryptparty @ WPL, we try to
        do it in conjunction with WPL.
21:52 < Kendra> So would we want to try something closer to our location?
        I agree about the short notice, we have a lot to do these days.
21:53 < noe> shift it to July?  I'm all for that.
21:53 < jokeefe> July sounds better to me.
21:53 < srevilak> I don't mind making trip to worcester.  But would like
        to have more people in audience than presenters
21:53 < Kendra> Yeah we are headingin to the summer holiday season,
        it will be hard to compete with the weather, with out some publicity
21:54 < jokeefe> Why don’t we talk with the other folks organizing
        the two events and see what they say
21:54 < Kendra> We can always flyer and talk to people at summer events
        like fireworks and other summer festivals, i don't know what goes on
        in worcester
21:55 < noe> move it to the fall time?  although I know the foreclosure
        advocacy folks might be sad, they might also be relieved!
21:55 < Kendra> There was some discussion of an August 1 deadline for
        a launch of this form civicrm project
21:56 < Kendra> But we have to be fair to ourselves too as far as time
        and running around
21:56 < jokeefe> civicrm has a due date, so that shouldn’t be pushed
        off far past June
21:57 < srevilak> jokeefe, Kendra: we'll have to talk with Grace & co
21:57 < jokeefe> sounds good to me
21:57 < jokeefe> Jun. 21, late afternoon, Pirate Council Meeting, where?
21:58 < jokeefe> Regina Pizzeria in Allston?
21:59 < srevilak> I'm ok with Regina Pizzeria, if others are okay with it.
22:00 < noe> That sounds fine.  :)
22:00 < jokeefe> works for me
22:01 < bestpiggy> i know how to get there
22:01 < jokeefe> settled then
22:01 < jokeefe> we are at time, anything else folks want to bring up?
22:02 < srevilak> what time on 6/21?
22:03 < srevilak> 1pm, maybe?
22:03 < Kendra> nite all
22:03 < jokeefe> we voted on late afternoon
22:03 < jokeefe> so 3-5pm?
22:03 < jokeefe> 4-6pm?
22:03 < srevilak> Ah, missed that
22:04 < srevilak> 3-5 seems okay?  WHat do others think?
22:04 < jokeefe> lets do 4-6pm
22:04 < jokeefe> will ping jamie & halley since they were the ones who
        couldn’t do earlier
22:06 < jokeefe> motion to adjourn?
22:06 < srevilak> second
22:06 < jokeefe> all in favor?
22:06 < jokeefe> aye
22:06 < srevilak> aye
22:07 < jokeefe> any opposed?
22:09 < jokeefe> motion passes.  good night all
22:09 < srevilak> will post notes