Lessons learned from major events
From Mass Pirate Wiki
When you are at an event, especially if you are tabling, make sure that you:
- Study the rules and documents from the exhibition organizers. Remember that it is they who decide what activities we can do legitimately.
- Compile a user ("cheat sheet") for people at the table, directing our marchers, etc. If you can include a copy of the operator's rules, say at the table, all the better.
- Have some sort of list of what the sessions/activities are and when they are. You should also know who is the 'official' in charge of that session.
- Designate a contact person from our side, who can take care of any last minute questions.
- Know what materials you will need and have them on hand or identify the person who will be bringing them.
- Have fun, be friendly and don't sweat the small stuff!
Additionally, Geek Feminism has a good article on organizing Women-friendly events.