March 11th, 2020 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tabled Projects
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Participants
- 7 Summary
- 8 Minutes
March Tech Meeting
Video recording for Dutch Pirate Party 10th anniversary
Made and sent.
Goals for Q1 2020:
- Organize meetups
- Organize Fundraiser
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
Lowell Meetup 3/21
- Boston (jokeefe) - E5 is open on Saturdays. Emailed poll for setting a date.
- Worcester (Malt)
- Boston Pride Festival
- table booked
- setup signup sheet
- Need to purchase insurance
- Need volunteer sign up form
- Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 6pm unless changed
- srevilak/jokeefe working on sign up form.
- Joe Location still being worked on.
Right to Repair
- out of committee
- next email will urge supporters to call their state senator/rep. and urge them to support it
- see if people willing to setup meeting with reps.
Facial Recognition and other bills still in committee.
Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Next meeting will be 4/12, 2-4pm, Mr Crêpe?, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville. Topics are:
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 3/10, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
- 3/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- 3/21, 10am-2pm, Lowell Meetup, Lowell Public Library
- 3/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 4/7, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Culture House, Harvard Square
- 4/12, 2pm-4pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Mr Crêpe?, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville
- 4/29, 7-9pm, Boston Cryptoparty, Encuentro 5, Boston
- April 2020, ?, Boston Meetup
- Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
- Spring 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
- Pirate_Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
- srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
- jokeefe_ (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
21:05 <@jokeefe_> Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/March_11th,_2020_IRC_Meeting 21:05 <@jokeefe_> aye 21:05 <@jokeefe_> ids 21:05 <@jokeefe_> James O’Keefe, Somerville 21:05 < Pirate_Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell 21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington 21:05 <@jokeefe_> Anything to add to the agenda? 21:06 < Pirate_Joe> Nothing not already on there. 21:06 < srevilak> nothing to add 21:07 <@jokeefe_> BTW: srevilak, I passed on your comments on the Artlington surveillance ordinance to Alex. He appreciated the update 21:07 < srevilak> ok, thx 21:07 <@jokeefe_> Review 21:07 <@jokeefe_> March Tech Meeting 21:08 <@jokeefe_> We came up with a plan for the next month. I’ll write up the notes. Next one is set for April 8th 21:08 <@jokeefe_> Sorry, 4/12 21:09 <@jokeefe_> We also recorded the video for the Dutch Pirates and sent it off to davidd 21:09 < Malt> Sam capradae, Worcester 21:09 <@jokeefe_> ahoy Malt 21:09 < srevilak> hai Malt 21:09 < Malt> Sorry I'm late 21:09 <@jokeefe_> glad you could make it 21:10 <@jokeefe_> anything you want to add to the agenda? 21:10 < Pirate_Joe> Hey Malt 21:10 < Malt> Nyet 21:11 <@jokeefe_> Decisions/Endorsements - Covid-19 Planning 21:11 < Malt> Yeeesssss 21:11 < Malt> I've already stocked up 21:11 < srevilak> I'll repeat 21:11 < srevilak> https://staythefuckhome.com/ 21:12 < Malt> Shelves in Worcester were getting dire few days ago 21:12 <@jokeefe_> I think we are going the way of Italy and China, just at a delay 21:12 < Malt> Absolutely 21:12 <@jokeefe_> My local Stop and Shop was ok, except for clorox wipes and TP 21:13 < Malt> We already don't know how many are infected cuz noone can afford the test 21:13 <@jokeefe_> and there aren’t enough tests 21:13 < Malt> And the federal government isn't going to help 21:14 <@jokeefe_> We have some events coming up and rather than cancel them, I think we should try using meet.mayfirst.org. 21:15 <@jokeefe_> Shall we test? https://meet.mayfirst.org/MAPPTest 21:17 < Malt> Jitsi meet? 21:17 < srevilak> jokeefe_: no mic on me right now. Read jitsi chat window 21:17 <@jokeefe_> ok 21:18 <@jokeefe_> yes, Malt 21:18 <@jokeefe_> Want to see if we can get more than two 21:19 < srevilak> oh no, we lost Malt. Those Bastards! 21:19 <@jokeefe_> lol 21:20 < Malt> Room name? 21:24 <@jokeefe_> https://meet.mayfirst.org/MAPPTest 21:29 <@jokeefe_> testing … looking good 21:42 <@jokeefe_> after testing, we discussed the topics on the agenda 21:43 <@jokeefe_> agreed to hold off on meetings due to the Covid-19 meeting 21:44 <@jokeefe_> Joe will reschedule room for 3/21 meet up. but will make it virtual 21:44 <@jokeefe_> Boston Pride Festival is going forward for the moment. 21:45 <@jokeefe_> Video Newsletter/Podcast - recording Sunday, 6pm 21:46 <@jokeefe_> Computer Donations - on hold for now 21:47 <@jokeefe_> Bills - not sure what the legislature will do now that a shutdown likely 21:51 <@jokeefe_> sorry, we are chatting on the video chat 21:52 < srevilak> motion to adjourn 21:52 <@jokeefe_> is my summary good? 21:52 < Joe> 2nd 21:52 < srevilak> aye 21:52 < srevilak> I'll post transcript 21:52 < Joe> aye 21:52 <@jokeefe_> aye 21:52 <@jokeefe_> thanks