March 25th, 2020 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tabled Projects
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Participants
- 7 Summary
- 8 Minutes
Goals for Q1 2020:
- Organize meetups
- Organize Fundraiser
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
All meetings on hold dues to Covid-19.
-Lowell Meetup 3/21-
- Boston (jokeefe)
- Worcester (Malt)
- Boston Pride Festival
- table booked
- setup signup sheet
- Need to purchase insurance
- Need volunteer sign up form
- Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 6pm unless changed
- srevilak/jokeefe working on sign up form.
- Joe Location still being worked on.
Right to Repair
- out of committee
- next email will urge supporters to call their state senator/rep. and urge them to support it
- see if people willing to setup meeting with reps.
Facial Recognition and other bills still in committee.
Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
-Next meeting will be 4/12, 2-4pm, Mr Crêpe?, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville.-
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 3/31, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 4/12, 2pm-4pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, on-line, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville
- 4/29, 7-9pm, Boston Cryptoparty, Encuentro 5, Boston
- April 2020, ?, Boston Meetup
- Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
- Spring 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
- ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Culture House, Harvard Square
- ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNe Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
- ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
Lots of chatting about COVID-19.
We'll do a pirate news recording at 6pm on Sunday.
[9:01pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/March_25th,_2020_IRC_Meeting [9:01pm] Joe: Ahoy [9:02pm] jokeefe: ids [9:02pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville [9:02pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell [9:02pm] Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester [9:03pm] jokeefe: anything to add? [9:03pm] Malt: Nyet [9:04pm] Joe: nty [9:06pm] jokeefe: Haven’t posted the video yet, sorry. [9:06pm] jokeefe: Will have it out by Thursday morning. [9:07pm] jokeefe: Does recording the new one on Sunday at 6pm still work? [9:07pm] Malt: I keep forgetting on Sunday I'll make it work this week [9:07pm] jokeefe: great [9:08pm] jokeefe: how are things working duing the sequestration? [9:08pm] Joe left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [9:08pm] Joe joined the chat room. [9:10pm] jokeefe: I signed up to some local mutual aid email lists. they are very active [9:10pm] jokeefe: The price of the bailout looks like it will head toward the levels we saw in 2008 - https://mattstoller.substack.com/p/stop-the-6-trillion-coronavirus-corporate [9:11pm] Malt: Here we go again [9:12pm] Malt: The Republicans pulled student loan aid out of it [9:12pm] Malt: I hope AOC ends it [9:12pm] Joe left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [9:12pm] Joe joined the chat room. [9:13pm] Malt: Wb [9:13pm] jokeefe: Bernie might if the 3 GOP Senators don’t back off on their attempts to gut the unemployment provisions [9:13pm] Joe: ty Malt [9:13pm] Joe: Bernie was saying what [9:14pm] Joe: what's the point if it does not help everyone [9:14pm] Malt: Help the rich bastards [9:14pm] jokeefe: Looks like most of it will help the rich [9:14pm] Malt: I think we should ready to assist in the general strike [9:14pm] jokeefe: once the Fed gets involved [9:15pm] jokeefe: aren’t we already in one? [9:15pm] Malt: When rump orders folks back to work [9:15pm] Malt: Not exactly [9:15pm] jokeefe: He will have to do it over the states. That will be interesting. Schools are out until at least May 4th now [9:17pm] Joe: NYC is getting ravaged..... [9:17pm] jokeefe: I heard one hospital has a refrigerated truck now [9:18pm] Joe: And Trump only set 400 respirators.... [9:19pm] Joe: The Gov down there stated what the #$%^ am I going to do with 400, lol [9:19pm] Joe: Hopefully he will send more..... [9:19pm] Malt left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [9:20pm] Malt joined the chat room. [9:20pm] Joe: wb Malt [9:20pm] Malt: I'm on mobile [9:20pm] Malt: Sorry [9:20pm] Joe: Don't be [9:20pm] jokeefe: No worries [9:20pm] jokeefe: I really don’t have much today. [9:20pm] Joe: I have kids using all my internet and I'm too cheap to get more. [9:21pm] jokeefe: If you want to adjourn … [9:21pm] Joe: Motion to table the donations until Corvid is over. [9:21pm] Joe: Or Adjourn, I'm fairly distracted tonight [9:22pm] jokeefe: I thought we already tabled the donations, but happy to table again [9:22pm] Malt: 2nd [9:23pm] Malt: Now's not the best time [9:23pm] jokeefe: yeah [9:23pm] jokeefe: we seem to all be in favor [9:24pm] Joe: Be Safe [9:24pm] Malt: I think our best bet is to help others with technical capacity [9:24pm] Malt: Night pals [9:24pm] Joe: Is the National meeting still going on? [9:24pm] jokeefe: I believe so [9:24pm] jokeefe: I agree malt. [9:24pm] Malt: [9:24pm] jokeefe: Will look at what how to videos there are [9:24pm] jokeefe: have a good night. National meeting at 10pm. [9:25pm] Malt: Night!