March 3rd, 2021 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search



Move community organizing meeting to March 13th?

Revise Platform

Leader: jokeefe



Leader: Malt

  • Setup local video meetups by region with people who said they were interested in organizing a local chapter
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Boston Pride Festival

Leader: jokeefe

While in-person events, including outdoor events, are on hold until COVID-19 numbers go down, we should plan for our table at the Boston Pride Festival.


  • setup signup sheet
  • Announce
  • Need to purchase insurance
  • Need volunteer sign up form
  • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming On-line Events

  • Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
  • Sat., 3/20/2021, 11am-1pm, on-line


  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • malt (sam capradae, worcester)


  • ChanServ
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • mikey
  • Mikaela
  • slerman


Running for Office meeting.

  • Push back a week, to March 13th
  • Malt will contact Worcester folks

Platform discussion.

Video Newsletter.

  • Sunday 7pm. Same time as usual.

Tech meeting.

  • is now working again (and processing through a backlog of updates)


[9:03pm] jokeefe: Agenda:,_2021_IRC_Meeting
[9:03pm] malt: he will hug the cabinet its on to get his face closer
[9:03pm] malt: sam capradae, worcester
[9:03pm] srevilak joined the chat room.
21:04 <@jokeefe> ids
21:04 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:04 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:04 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:05 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:05 <@jokeefe> anything to add?
21:05 < malt> nyet
21:05 < malt> well yes
21:05 < malt> the RFO meeting saturday
21:06 < malt> just for yenni and johanna or did i need to email the crew
       page as well?
21:06 <@jokeefe> Was supposed to be for all
21:06 <@jokeefe> However, I was wondering if we could push it back a week?
21:08 < malt> sure
21:10 <@jokeefe> Joe / srevilak?
21:10 < Joe> I can go either way
21:11 < srevilak> No objections to pushing out a week
21:11 <@jokeefe> So the 13th is ok?
21:11 < srevilak> Yes
21:11 < Joe> si
21:11 <@jokeefe> thanks!
21:12 <@jokeefe> Revise Platform
21:12 < malt> Did you have a particular time saturday? I'll email the
       worcester folk
21:13 <@jokeefe>
21:13 < malt> I can setup an FB event
21:13 <@jokeefe> I made some changes
21:13 <@jokeefe> Thanks, malt
21:14 <@jokeefe> Look ok or does it need anything?
21:15 < Joe> looks good to me
21:16 < malt> (y)
21:17 < srevilak> looks okay
21:17 < malt> clearing up a few odd sentences
21:17 < malt> all good here
21:17 <@jokeefe> thanks. malt
21:18 <@jokeefe> motion to approve it?
21:18 < srevilak> second
21:19 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:19 < Joe> Aye
21:19 < srevilak> aye
21:19 <@jokeefe> aye
21:19 < malt> aye
21:19 <@jokeefe> any opposed?
21:20 <@jokeefe> motion passes
21:22 < malt> weeeee
21:24 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast
21:24 < Joe> Same time as usual?
21:24 < malt> sure
21:24 < srevilak> yes
21:24 < Joe> They finally approved teachers to get the vaccine!
21:25 <@jokeefe> great
21:25 < Joe> You can sign up for after march 11 but the first round of
       appointments are already getting booked out.
21:25 <@jokeefe> that time sounds good
21:26 <@jokeefe> we can record a short message to Netherlands voters to
       support the Pirate Party there
21:26 < Joe> Sounds good, we can do it after the meeting. I got my system
       set up for local records.
21:27 <@jokeefe> cool
21:28 <@jokeefe> The tech meeting went well. We got cctv.masspirates
       working again. It is processing the backlog. Hopefully will be done
       by tomorrow.
21:29 <@jokeefe> Maybe sooner. It is up to 2/15.
21:30 < malt> gotta hand it to the governor on doing the right thing
       with teachers
21:31 < malt> now if only we can push him on bartenders and servers...
21:31 <@jokeefe> Biden pressured him and he wants to get kids back
       to school
21:32 < malt> i hate how this country it managing the response
21:32 < malt> ahhh but y'all know that
21:32 <@jokeefe> yeah
21:34 <@jokeefe> that is all I have
21:34 <@jokeefe> Anything else?
21:34 < srevilak> nothing here
21:34 < Joe> I'm still moving so I'm beat. Motion to adjourn
21:34 < srevilak> second
21:35 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:35 < Joe> Aye
21:35 <@jokeefe> aye
21:35 < srevilak> aye
21:35 < srevilak> will post transcript