March 4th, 2020 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search


Presidential Primary



Goals for Q1 2020:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

Lowell Meetup 3/21

  • Boston (jokeefe) - E5 is open on Saturdays. Picking a Saturday.
  • Worcester (Malt)
  • Boston Pride Festival
    • table booked.
    • Need to purchase insurance
    • Need volunteer sign up form
    • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 6pm unless changed
  • Video recording for Dutch Pirate Party 10th anniversary set for Sunday, 4pm, Mr Crêpe, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville

Computer Donations

  • srevilak/jokeefe working on sign up form.
  • Joe Location still being worked on.


Right to Repair

  • out of committee
  • next email will urge supporters to call their state senator/rep. and urge them to support it
  • see if people willing to setup meeting with reps.

Facial Recognition and other bills still in committee.

Platform Discussion

Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be 3/8, 2-4pm, Mr Crêpe, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

Tabled Projects

National Party

Boston Sex Worker Petition

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 3/8, 2pm-4pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Mr Crêpe, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville
  • 3/10, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 3/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 3/21, 10am-2pm, Lowell Meetup, Lowell Public Library
  • 3/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 4/7, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Culture House, Harvard Square
  • Spring 2020, ?, Boston Meetup
  • Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
  • Spring 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
  • 4/29, 7-9pm, Boston Cryptoparty, Encuentro 5, Boston


  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • Creynolds87: Christine Reynolds, Cambridge
  • Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell


  • davidd
  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy




[9:06pm] jokeefe: Agenda:,_2020_IRC_Meeting
[9:06pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:06pm] jokeefe: anything to add?
[9:06pm] Creynolds87: Okay, sounds good
[9:06pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Christine Reynolds, Cambridge
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Review
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Nothing to add
[9:07pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Presidential Primary
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Posted a candidate issue scuttlebutt.
[9:08pm] Creynolds87: I saw that
[9:08pm] Creynolds87: Looks good
[9:09pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Super Tuesday was an interesting night, atleast
[9:11pm] Creynolds87: Definitely
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings/Events
[9:12pm] jokeefe: There are openings at Encuentro 5 on most Saturdays in April. Are there any that are better for you or won’t work?
[9:13pm] Creynolds87: Saturdays are fine by me. Typically Sundays are tougher. I'm not available until later in the day
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Thanks
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter/Podcast
[9:16pm] jokeefe: We are scheduled to record a new Pirate News on Sunday at 6pm. Guessing your are busy, then?
[9:17pm] Creynolds87: I'm not sure yet. I might be able to pull it off
[9:19pm] jokeefe: ok, I’ll see about it working with my laptop. Email/txt me when you know.
[9:19pm] Creynolds87: Ok I will
[9:19pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:19pm] Creynolds87: As soon as I know
[9:20pm] jokeefe: Computer Donations - Notifying people about it in the next email. Either steve or I will have a donation form up this weekend.
[9:21pm] Creynolds87: Nice!
[9:22pm] jokeefe: Bills
[9:22pm] jokeefe: Right to Repair - sending out an update on it and how people can help in the next email
[9:23pm] Creynolds87: Sounds good
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Will post about updates for other bills next week.
[9:24pm] Joe joined the chat room.
[9:24pm] Joe: Ahoy!
[9:24pm] Joe: Sorry for being late
[9:25pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:25pm] Creynolds87: Ahoy Joe
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Transcription up at,_2020_IRC_Meeting
[9:28pm] jokeefe: to catch you up
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Do we have a place to drop off electronics?
[9:28pm] Joe: For the form, we are looking for working computers, but may be able to Frankenstein a few to make more.
[9:29pm] Joe: I have not spoken to the contact as of yet but we already have a backup site to drop them off.
[9:30pm] Creynolds87 left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
[9:30pm] jokeefe: good
[9:30pm] Creynolds87 joined the chat room.
[9:30pm] Joe: I have a locker right off a major highway that we can store them until we can test them out.
[9:30pm] Creynolds87: I can help out with the frankensteining/refurbing
[9:31pm] jokeefe: thanks!
[9:31pm] Joe: I can also see if we can just have the drop off be at where we are taking the working ones.
[9:32pm] Joe: Win them with vague promises to haul away the non-functional ones.
[9:32pm] Joe: Which we can do to refurbishing some.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: We want them by the 21st?
[9:35pm] Creynolds87 left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
[9:35pm] Creynolds87 joined the chat room.
[9:36pm] Joe: Just trying to do a drive and promote awareness. This is a solid place to continue to make and accept any donations.
[9:37pm] Joe: As well as doing a good cause for a families to rebuild.
[9:39pm] jokeefe: Ok. We could continue it for the April Boston-area meetup.
[9:40pm] Creynolds87 left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
[9:40pm] jokeefe: It will likely be a Saturday in April at Encuentro 5.
[9:40pm] Creynolds87 joined the chat room.
[9:41pm] jokeefe: Our next tech meeting will be 3/8, 2-4pm, Mr Crêpe, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville.
[9:41pm] jokeefe: That is all I have at the moment.
[9:41pm] jokeefe: Anything you have to add Joe?
[9:41pm] Joe left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
[9:41pm] Joe joined the chat room.
[9:41pm] Joe left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[9:42pm] Joe joined the chat room.
[9:42pm] Joe: Nothing to add tonight. Motion to adjourn.
[9:42pm] Creynolds87: I second that
[9:43pm] jokeefe: National meeting canceled for tonight
[9:43pm] jokeefe: BTW
[9:43pm] jokeefe: all in favor of adjourning?
[9:43pm] Joe: Aye
[9:43pm] Creynolds87: Aye
[9:43pm] Joe: and I saw.
[9:44pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:44pm] jokeefe: Hope you all have a good night.
[9:44pm] Joe: You as well,
[9:44pm] Creynolds87: You too
[9:44pm] Creynolds87: Goodnight all