March 4th, 2020 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tabled Projects
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Participants
- 7 Summary
- 8 Minutes
Goals for Q1 2020:
- Organize meetups
- Organize Fundraiser
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
Lowell Meetup 3/21
- Boston (jokeefe) - E5 is open on Saturdays. Picking a Saturday.
- Worcester (Malt)
- Boston Pride Festival
- table booked.
- Need to purchase insurance
- Need volunteer sign up form
- Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 6pm unless changed
- Video recording for Dutch Pirate Party 10th anniversary set for Sunday, 4pm, Mr Crêpe, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville
- srevilak/jokeefe working on sign up form.
- Joe Location still being worked on.
Right to Repair
- out of committee
- next email will urge supporters to call their state senator/rep. and urge them to support it
- see if people willing to setup meeting with reps.
Facial Recognition and other bills still in committee.
Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Next meeting will be 3/8, 2-4pm, Mr Crêpe, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville. Topics are:
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 3/8, 2pm-4pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Mr Crêpe, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville
- 3/10, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
- 3/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- 3/21, 10am-2pm, Lowell Meetup, Lowell Public Library
- 3/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 4/7, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Culture House, Harvard Square
- Spring 2020, ?, Boston Meetup
- Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
- Spring 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
- 4/29, 7-9pm, Boston Cryptoparty, Encuentro 5, Boston
- jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
- Creynolds87: Christine Reynolds, Cambridge
- Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/March_4th,_2020_IRC_Meeting [9:06pm] jokeefe: ids [9:06pm] jokeefe: anything to add? [9:06pm] Creynolds87: Okay, sounds good [9:06pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville [9:07pm] Creynolds87: Christine Reynolds, Cambridge [9:07pm] jokeefe: Review [9:07pm] Creynolds87: Nothing to add [9:07pm] jokeefe: ok [9:07pm] jokeefe: Presidential Primary [9:08pm] jokeefe: Posted a candidate issue scuttlebutt. [9:08pm] Creynolds87: I saw that [9:08pm] Creynolds87: Looks good [9:09pm] jokeefe: thanks [9:10pm] jokeefe: Super Tuesday was an interesting night, atleast [9:11pm] Creynolds87: Definitely [9:11pm] jokeefe: Projects [9:11pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings/Events [9:12pm] jokeefe: There are openings at Encuentro 5 on most Saturdays in April. Are there any that are better for you or won’t work? [9:13pm] Creynolds87: Saturdays are fine by me. Typically Sundays are tougher. I'm not available until later in the day [9:15pm] jokeefe: Thanks [9:15pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter/Podcast [9:16pm] jokeefe: We are scheduled to record a new Pirate News on Sunday at 6pm. Guessing your are busy, then? [9:17pm] Creynolds87: I'm not sure yet. I might be able to pull it off [9:19pm] jokeefe: ok, I’ll see about it working with my laptop. Email/txt me when you know. [9:19pm] Creynolds87: Ok I will [9:19pm] jokeefe: thanks [9:19pm] Creynolds87: As soon as I know [9:20pm] jokeefe: Computer Donations - Notifying people about it in the next email. Either steve or I will have a donation form up this weekend. [9:21pm] Creynolds87: Nice! [9:22pm] jokeefe: Bills [9:22pm] jokeefe: Right to Repair - sending out an update on it and how people can help in the next email [9:23pm] Creynolds87: Sounds good [9:23pm] jokeefe: Will post about updates for other bills next week. [9:24pm] Joe joined the chat room. [9:24pm] Joe: Ahoy! [9:24pm] Joe: Sorry for being late [9:25pm] jokeefe: ahoy [9:25pm] Creynolds87: Ahoy Joe [9:26pm] jokeefe: Transcription up at https://masspirates.org/wiki/March_4th,_2020_IRC_Meeting [9:28pm] jokeefe: to catch you up [9:28pm] jokeefe: Do we have a place to drop off electronics? [9:28pm] Joe: For the form, we are looking for working computers, but may be able to Frankenstein a few to make more. [9:29pm] Joe: I have not spoken to the contact as of yet but we already have a backup site to drop them off. [9:30pm] Creynolds87 left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [9:30pm] jokeefe: good [9:30pm] Creynolds87 joined the chat room. [9:30pm] Joe: I have a locker right off a major highway that we can store them until we can test them out. [9:30pm] Creynolds87: I can help out with the frankensteining/refurbing [9:31pm] jokeefe: thanks! [9:31pm] Joe: I can also see if we can just have the drop off be at where we are taking the working ones. [9:32pm] Joe: Win them with vague promises to haul away the non-functional ones. [9:32pm] Joe: Which we can do to refurbishing some. [9:34pm] jokeefe: We want them by the 21st? [9:35pm] Creynolds87 left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [9:35pm] Creynolds87 joined the chat room. [9:36pm] Joe: Just trying to do a drive and promote awareness. This is a solid place to continue to make and accept any donations. [9:37pm] Joe: As well as doing a good cause for a families to rebuild. [9:39pm] jokeefe: Ok. We could continue it for the April Boston-area meetup. [9:40pm] Creynolds87 left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [9:40pm] jokeefe: It will likely be a Saturday in April at Encuentro 5. [9:40pm] Creynolds87 joined the chat room. [9:41pm] jokeefe: Our next tech meeting will be 3/8, 2-4pm, Mr Crêpe, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville. [9:41pm] jokeefe: That is all I have at the moment. [9:41pm] jokeefe: Anything you have to add Joe? [9:41pm] Joe left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [9:41pm] Joe joined the chat room. [9:41pm] Joe left the chat room. (Client Quit) [9:42pm] Joe joined the chat room. [9:42pm] Joe: Nothing to add tonight. Motion to adjourn. [9:42pm] Creynolds87: I second that [9:43pm] jokeefe: National meeting canceled for tonight [9:43pm] jokeefe: BTW [9:43pm] jokeefe: all in favor of adjourning? [9:43pm] Joe: Aye [9:43pm] Creynolds87: Aye [9:43pm] Joe: and I saw. [9:44pm] jokeefe: aye [9:44pm] jokeefe: Hope you all have a good night. [9:44pm] Joe: You as well, [9:44pm] Creynolds87: You too [9:44pm] Creynolds87: Goodnight all