May 16th, 2017 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Our Elections

Email sent. Nominations by the 23rd. Election ballot by the 30th. To Do:

  • Send email reminder about nominations this week and next
  • Need to setup ballot
  • Send out ballot this next week and before polls close

Planks & Other Discussions

  • Discussion
    • Have Loomio instance. Looking at setting up local instance
    • Have slack instance
    • myBB installed, but not setup completely
    • Installing mattermost as slack alternative
  • Schedule September meeting to adopt final platform for 2018 elections. Possible Dates are:
    • 9/9
    • 9/10
    • 9/23
    • 9/24
  • Previous work in this area: https://github.com/masspirates/planks
  • Results of the PirateCon discussion posted

Local Chapters

  • Somerville
  • Boston
  • Lowell

Boston Pride Parade

  • Flyers/pamphlets to distribute?

Upcoming Events

See: 2017 calendar

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • Pepe (G, Lowell)
  • Bluestreak (Lucia Fiero)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • hvxgr (Tom Rodman, Milwaukee)

Observers

  • papegaai
  • davidd
  • igel

Summary

Minutes

 
21:01 < jokeefe> agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/May_16th,_2017_IRC_Meeting
21:01 < papegaai> Title: May 16th, 2017 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate Wiki
        (at masspirates.org)
21:01 < jokeefe> ahoy
21:02 < jokeefe> Anything to add?
21:02 < jokeefe> ids
21:02 < Pepe> umm... not really.  other than a few pirates were on the
        Common sat for the rallies
21:02 < jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:03 < Pepe> G,  Lowell
21:03 < Bluestreak> Lucia Fiero
21:03 < Pepe> LU LU
21:03 < Bluestreak> Hi!
21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:04 < jokeefe> Review
21:04 < hvxgr> Tom Rodman, Milwaukee
21:04 < jokeefe> How did the march go, Pepe?
21:05 < Bluestreak> We suffered a casualty.
21:05 < jokeefe> sorry to hear that
21:05 < Bluestreak> JK, actually there were Pirates on both "sides"
21:05 < Pepe> the march went awesome.  Antifa was vastly outnumbered
        and demoralized so there was no attempt to disrupt our peaceful demo
21:05 < Bluestreak> Lauren was one of the few ppl with Antifa that would
        talk to the alt media (Tim Pool)
21:06 < Pepe> i'm still not sure why anyone asvocating for information
        freedom would also march for censorship
21:06 < Bluestreak> To her credit.
21:06 < Bluestreak> The antics side is being brainwashed.
21:06 < Bluestreak> Antifa
21:06 < Bluestreak> not antics.
21:07 < Pepe> yes they are. they were honestly afraid we were all nazis
21:07 < Pepe> which.... wtf
21:07 < Pepe> i failed to find any nazis
21:07 < Pepe> poor Jewish kid was like "stop calling me a nazi"
21:07 < Bluestreak> Well, the speaker...
21:07 < Bluestreak> Kyle isn't a fascist>?
21:08 < Pepe> Stickman? nah. not a fascist.
21:08 < Bluestreak> Well alrighty then.
21:08 < Pepe> so ya we flew a pair of jolly rogers on the march and was
        a good day for free speech for all
21:08 < jokeefe> who organized it?
21:09 < Pepe> 4chan trolls organized it
21:09 < jokeefe> more free speech is a good thing
21:09 < Pepe> amenz
21:10 < jokeefe> thanks
21:10 < jokeefe> Projects
21:10 < jokeefe> Our Elections
21:10 < jokeefe> Moving along
21:10 < jokeefe> it is
21:11 < srevilak> Were these the rally organizers:
        https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/6ap4fv/late_night_crew_boston_free_speech_rally_this/
21:11 < papegaai> Title: LATE NIGHT CREW: BOSTON FREE SPEECH RALLY THIS
        SATURDAY : The_Donald (at www.reddit.com)
21:12 < Pepe> nah it was literally just a group of high school and college
        kids and middle age trolls from 4chan... plus the Trumps, Oath Keepers,
3%ers and everyone else that came out to stand up to Antifa
21:13 < srevilak> ok
21:13 < Pepe> the core group that planned it were just kids, conservatives
21:13 < Bluestreak> "Don't be armed or violent." Sounds good to me.
21:13 < Bluestreak> I just came to realize since
21:13 < Bluestreak> Jason
21:13 < Bluestreak> 's
21:13 < Pepe> ya well there are right wing radicals that are going
        to be a problem in the future, if these left wing radicals don't stop
        instigating violence against the working class
21:14 < Bluestreak> Ancestors were revolutionaries, he is a 3%er by
        descent.
21:14 < Pepe> i know some of the violent antifas and they were armed
        for a fight. :(  this movement needs to be denounced
21:15 < Bluestreak> Agreed.
21:15 < Bluestreak> If you hold a rally, the media is going to want
        to cover it. Then to threaten the media that is covering it? WTF are
        they thinking?
21:16 < jokeefe> does seem counter productive
21:16 < Pepe> they were so afraid to be exposed because of the weaponized
        autists of /pol/
21:16 < jokeefe> getting back to our work, need to setup ballot for
        the election.
21:16 < Bluestreak> Check out this guy at 40 seconds in
        https://www.facebook.com/sutralu
21:16 < Pepe> check this out later:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTlyOB_I7yc
21:17 < papegaai> Title: Lucia Fiero | Facebook (at www.facebook.com)
21:17 < Bluestreak> Wrong link sorry
21:17 < Bluestreak> Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV8qAurX1O4
21:17 < srevilak> jokeefe: for now, form would be for nominiations?
21:17 < jokeefe> that form is up
21:17 < jokeefe> it would be the ballot
21:17 < srevilak> ok
21:18 < Bluestreak> What are we talking about now?
21:18 < jokeefe> elections for pirate council
21:18 < srevilak>
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/May_16th,_2017_IRC_Meeting#Our_Elections
21:18 < papegaai> Title: May 16th, 2017 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate Wiki
        (at masspirates.org)
21:18 < Bluestreak> Oh right, you didn't do that at the convention
21:19 < jokeefe> yes we didn’t
21:19 < Pepe> that's bad english
21:19 < Pepe> :P
21:19 < Bluestreak> I am not on the email list.
21:20 < Bluestreak> I will sign up for it again if it doesn't cause
        Steve to leave it
21:21 < jokeefe> srevilak, you got the ballot form or should I get it?
21:21 < srevilak> if you could, would really appreciate it
21:21 < jokeefe> will do
21:22 < jokeefe> Planks & Other Discussions
21:22 < srevilak> I have pile of zoning law proposals to review over
        the next few days
21:22 < Bluestreak> Waiting for advice about signing up to list again.
21:22 < jokeefe> best to take that offline
21:23 < srevilak> agreed
21:23 < Bluestreak> Seriously?
21:23 < srevilak> yes
21:23 < Bluestreak> So DO NOT get on the list or Steve will leave?
21:24 < srevilak> let's get back to planks
21:24 < srevilak> how did matter most install go?
21:25 < jokeefe> haven’t tried it
21:25 < jokeefe> hopefully later in the week
21:25 < srevilak> sounds good
21:26 < jokeefe> myBB is up, but not completely setup, discussion topics
        and the like
21:26 < jokeefe> Schedule September meeting to adopt final platform for
2018 elections. Possible Dates are:
21:26 < srevilak> something we can work on during next tech meeting?
21:26 < Bluestreak> Well I will be signing up for the list, like everyone
        including people who don't even live in MA have been openly invited to do.
21:26 < Bluestreak> Steve, do as you please.
21:26 < jokeefe> 9/9
21:27 < jokeefe> 9/10
21:27 < jokeefe> 9/23
21:27 < jokeefe> 9/24
21:27 < jokeefe> Those are all free at Worcester Public Library
21:27 < jokeefe> Any thoughts on a date?
21:28 < srevilak> Any of those are fine with me.  I guess the question
        is Saturday or Sunday?
21:29 < srevilak> (Or, one question is Saturday or Sunday)
21:29 < jokeefe> Bluestreak, Pepe?
21:30 < Pepe> i'm not sure about getting out to worcester
21:31 < jokeefe> The hope was broaden it so Pirates in Worcester and
        WMass could attend
21:31 < srevilak> Does WPL have different hours on Sat vs Sunday?
21:32 < Pepe> i understand but i don't have a car and i'm in northeastern
        mass, and i'm recently unemployed now too
21:32 < srevilak> Pepe: sorry to hear that
21:32 < jokeefe> Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. No hours on Sunday
21:32 < jokeefe> sorry, to hear that Pepe
21:33 < Pepe> crapitalism
21:33 < Pepe> lol
21:33 < Pepe> anywho
21:33 < Bluestreak> Apparently I am blocked from signing up for the list.
21:33 < jokeefe> weird, don’t know why that would be
21:33 < srevilak> re WPL, if no hours on sunday, then I guess we're down
        to 9/9 or 9/23
21:34 < jokeefe> Could just send a poll out.  Dates and location
21:34 < srevilak> I think 9/9 is okay, unless there are suggestions for
        an alternate venue
21:34 < srevilak> jokeefe: that's probably the way to go
21:34 < jokeefe> 9/9 is week before freedom rally
21:35 < Bluestreak> Well since I am being ignored, I see no reason to
        attend these meetings.
21:35 < srevilak> sigh ...
21:36 < jokeefe> nice thing about WPL is they are free
21:36 < srevilak> yes.  And it's a decent space, and easily accessible
        to commuter rail
21:36 < jokeefe> Could book Somerville public library, not sure about
        Cambridge or Boston libraries
21:36 < srevilak> I can put together a poll for the dates
21:37 < jokeefe> thanks
21:37 < jokeefe> and location
21:37 < srevilak> I do like the idea of WPL, if only for the sake of
        getting outside the 128 belt
21:38 < jokeefe> leave it up to the poll, will adjust
21:38 < Pepe> ok what the hell with this lu lu thing
21:39 < jokeefe> long story
21:39 < Pepe> i'm talking to her now and it's like... wtf let's all grow
        up. let her on the list. and let's be pirates
21:39 < Pepe> we don't have enough for this crap
21:39 < jokeefe> don’t know why she was blocked
21:39 < Pepe> the Fieros done a ton of lifting for the Pirates, no?
21:39 < Pepe> well can we answer her and say yes we want her back and
        we value her?
21:40 < Pepe> i'm sorry but i'm in the middle and i don't want ot be
        and this is stupid
21:40 < Pepe> i know the long story. believe me
21:40 < Pepe> can we move on?
21:40 < jokeefe> I tried to mediate it, but it hasn’t happened. moving
        on
21:40 < jokeefe> Local Chapters
21:41 < jokeefe> Somerville meeting setup for the 24th
21:41 < srevilak> how's the turnout been?
21:41 < jokeefe> low, but we have only had one meeting
21:42 < jokeefe> Emailed Boston people about chapter in formation
21:42 < jokeefe> No update elsewhere
21:42 < srevilak> ok
21:42 < jokeefe> Boston Pride Parade
21:43 < srevilak> If all goes well, I pick up the bike tomorrow :)
21:43 < jokeefe> cool
21:43 < jokeefe> Flyers/pamphlets to distribute?
21:43 < jokeefe> Agreed
21:44 < srevilak> Yes, was wondering what we had on hand, or if it was
        time to make something new
21:44 < jokeefe> will put together text, send it to KM and see if she
        can put it together
21:44 < srevilak> okay
21:44 < srevilak> Do you know what file format she works in?
21:45 < jokeefe> No idea. Can usually provide JPEG/PDF
21:45 < srevilak> Looking at
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/Planning_and_Year_Reviews -- the media
        pages -- would be nice to have the pamphlets there
21:45 < papegaai> Title: Planning and Year Reviews - Mass Pirate Wiki
        (at masspirates.org)
21:45 < srevilak> ideally in a format we can make minor tweaks to
21:46 < jokeefe> agreed.  Will ask
21:46 < srevilak> And if not, we'll just print 'em and ship 'em
21:47 < jokeefe> Anything else?
21:48 < srevilak> I hope Susan gets a nice turnout tomorrow night
21:48 < jokeefe> Looking forward to it
21:48 < srevilak> Can't make it, but say hi for me
21:48 < jokeefe> will do
21:48 < jokeefe> shall we adjourn?
21:48 < srevilak> aye
21:48 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:49 < jokeefe> thank you