May 29th, 2012 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search


0. Status

1. Boston Pride

2. National Party News

Quick Notes / Summaries Re Proposed Bills to be Discussed:

1. Boston Pride


  • Jamie waiting to hear that the insurance was accepted
  • Sent out the notice. Got a few people signing up


  • jokeefe - James O'Keefe, Somerville
  • SplendidSpoon - Lauren Pespisa, Boxboro/Cambridge
  • erixoltan - Erik Zoltan, Framingham
  • passstab -
  • tsarcaustic -


  • brandonj
  • hwkns
  • illunatic
  • [bsod] -
  • [Derek]


1. Boston Pride

Action items:

  • Chris is working on our our statement for Pride.
  • Jeanne working for fliers
  • Drum up people to march/table
  • Get Boston Pride our proof of insurance
  • Put out poll to set a date to make signs and the boat (Jamie)
  • Find someone to host said party

2. National Party News

May have a third person to start a NH Pirate Party.

3. Pirate Lunch is Wed., May 30th. Need to schedule another one in June.

Meeting Minutes


[12:03] <erixoltan> good afternoon [12:07] <SplendidSpoon> Hey [12:09] <jokeefe> hi [12:10] <jokeefe> the only issues I have are planning for pride and national issues since I don't have anything to report on anything else. [12:11] <erixoltan> My family and I will be attending the pride march, assuming that nothing goes wrong between now and then. [12:11] <SplendidSpoon> Sweet [12:11] <erixoltan> We are hoping to dress the kids as pirates. [12:11] <SplendidSpoon> I think Kate will be joining us too :D [12:12] <jokeefe> great on both counts [12:12] <erixoltan> Is there some kind of preparation that is being done beforehand? [12:12] <jokeefe> we have some folks who want to build the pirate ship [12:12] <jokeefe> so we need to set a date/location to do that. [12:13] <SplendidSpoon> I wonder if we can find directions on how to build it [12:13] <erixoltan> what if the weather is bad? [12:14] <jokeefe> the parade/festival goes on no matter the weather [12:15] == passstab [] has joined #masspirates [12:15] <erixoltan> [12:15] <jokeefe> hi passstab [12:15] <erixoltan> hee hee hee lmao ;) [12:16] <jokeefe> agenda at,_2012_IRC_Meeting [12:16] <passstab> did you already start? [12:16] <jokeefe> erix :-) [12:17] <erixoltan> sorry, impish today. [12:17] <jokeefe> getting started [12:17] <jokeefe> trying to keep the official part quick if possible [12:18] <passstab> mk [12:18] <erixoltan> good thanks, I have a call soon. [12:18] <jokeefe> So what days work for folks to build the pirate ship? [12:18] <erixoltan> Who volunteered, are they here? [12:20] <SplendidSpoon> I am free weekends [12:20] <SplendidSpoon> and evenings [12:20] <SplendidSpoon> all of them :D [12:20] <erixoltan> I would love to bring Ben and Reilly to help out, but am not sure about dates. I will be away in Ohio this weekend through Tue and will miss next week's IRC. [12:21] <jokeefe> i don't think he is here, but should be at the lunch tomorrow [12:21] <jokeefe> hope your voyage be a hearty one, Erix [12:21] <erixoltan> would a doodle be a good way to schedule one or more sessions? [12:22] <jokeefe> I'll put up a doodle poll today and see what we get for interest. [12:22] <jokeefe> Then pick the time by Thu. [12:23] <jokeefe> sound good? [12:23] <erixoltan> k [12:23] <SplendidSpoon> Sounds good [12:23] <erixoltan> k [12:23] <SplendidSpoon> Sounds good [12:24] <jokeefe> We need someone to watch the table. [12:26] <erixoltan> I'm probably watching a toddler... [12:27] <jokeefe> I pinged Lucia. [12:28] <jokeefe> small number of people on the fb event, so please promote it - [12:29] <jokeefe> Splendid, can you make the lunch tomorrow? [12:29] <SplendidSpoon> Probably not [12:29] <SplendidSpoon> I think we pushing major project at work tomorrow [12:31] <jokeefe> dang. lets schedule another one in later June when you and Erix can make it. [12:33] <erixoltan> yeah sorry [12:33] <jokeefe> life happens [12:34] <jokeefe> this week will be very busy for me. [12:35] <jokeefe> Erix, what is going on at the national level? [12:35] == tsarcaustic [425a760c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.] has joined #masspirates [12:36] <erixoltan> Last week, nothing much happened at our meeting. Michigan wanted us to introduce a motion about letting observer states make a report, but nobody felt it was needed and the overwhelming sentiment was to leave it the way it is until somebody actually has a problem with the current situation. [12:36] <jokeefe> hi tsarcaustic [12:36] <tsarcaustic> Hi all, Northern neighbor here (nh) [12:36] <jokeefe> cool, welcome [12:36] <erixoltan> That's pretty much all, for national news. [12:36] <jokeefe> thanks erixoltan [12:37] <erixoltan> np [12:37] <jokeefe> tsarcaustic, you interested in organizing nh? We have two people who need a third. [12:37] <tsarcaustic> actually yes... [12:37] <tsarcaustic> where are the other two (which part of NH?) [12:38] <erixoltan> A couple more people and NH could be well on the way to becoming an official state party. [12:38] <tsarcaustic> how many needed total? [12:39] <erixoltan> There's no specific number, but certainly not less than 4. It's a majority vote by the Pirate National Committee. The requirements are flexible and somewhat vague. [12:39] <jokeefe> three committed folks is a good start [12:39] <erixoltan> It's sort of a "know it when you see it." [12:39] <tsarcaustic> flexible and vague suits me fine [12:39] <jokeefe> :-) [12:39] <jokeefe> Send email to and we will put you in touch. [12:40] <jokeefe> I know one is in Seabrook [12:40] <erixoltan> Have you been on the US Pirate Party's IRC meetings? [12:40] <tsarcaustic> excellent... I'm in portsmouth, so close by [12:40] <tsarcaustic> no, haven't been on the US irc [12:40] <erixoltan> OK I can put you in touch, if you email [12:41] <tsarcaustic> sure, will do [12:41] <tsarcaustic> us irc is tonight right? [12:41] <erixoltan> Right 9pm Tuesday. [12:41] <erixoltan> You can also go to [12:41] <tsarcaustic> should be able to make it... but a bit late... got something going that ends at 9 [12:42] <erixoltan> it's pretty informal on Tue. [12:43] <tsarcaustic> good... so how are things going in Mass? [12:43] * erixoltan defers to jokeefe [12:44] <jokeefe> they go. turning people out for the Boston Pride parade. Hopefully there will be a million people watching. [12:45] <erixoltan> we need a banner with the website url [12:45] <tsarcaustic> yes, saw that on the website [12:45] <tsarcaustic> have to find a friendly printshop for the banner [12:46] <jokeefe> There is one down the street. They do the design as well. [12:46] <jokeefe> What size do you think? [12:46] <erixoltan> big enough so the king can read it without his spectacles :) [12:46] <tsarcaustic> f(^(&(&ing huge is always good [12:47] <jokeefe> And that would be? [12:48] <SplendidSpoon> Hey guise what's going on with CISPA btw? [12:48] <SplendidSpoon> I lost track... [12:48] <erixoltan> yeah, if somebody sees us and they are interested, they should be able to read it and go to the site. [12:48] <erixoltan> from a distance [12:48] <erixoltan> I can probably get one made if you like [12:48] <SplendidSpoon> sorry for random question I just remembered I forgot about that [12:49] <erixoltan> passed the house? [12:49] <erixoltan> in the senate now right? [12:49] <SplendidSpoon> ok [12:50] <SplendidSpoon> Should we have like a "no CISPA' sign or something then at the parade? [12:51] <jokeefe> Fight for the future says a senate bill will be considered this week. [12:51] <jokeefe> like CISPA [12:53] <erixoltan> I have to go grab a sandwich before this meeting. [12:54] <tsarcaustic> yeah, I've got to drop too, erik, I'll send you an email about NH, thanks, and ttyl [12:54] <erixoltan> k thanks [12:54] == tsarcaustic [425a760c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.] has left #masspirates [] [12:54] <erixoltan> will keep the line open and check back later, OK? [12:54] <jokeefe> thanks all. I think we are at an end. erix, send me tsarcaustic's email, please so I can put him in touch with the NH folks I know. [12:55] <erixoltan> k