May 6th, 2020 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Endorse Voter Choice MA's RCV initiative, help them get the 13,000 signatures they need and get it passed by the voters?

Projects

Goals for Q3 2020:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Computer donations

Regional Meetings/Events

All meetings on hold due to Covid-19.

Leader: jokeefe

  • Boston (jokeefe)
  • Worcester (Malt)
  • Lowell (Joe)
  • Boston Pride Festival (emailed them that we transferred our table to 2021)
    • table booked
    • setup signup sheet
    • Announce
    • Need to purchase insurance
    • Need volunteer sign up form
    • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed

Bills

No clue where things are now due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Right to Repair

  • out of committee
  • next email will urge supporters to call their state senator/rep. and urge them to support it
  • see if people willing to setup meeting with reps.

Facial Recognition and other bills still in committee.

Platform Discussion

Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Tabled Projects

National Party

Boston Sex Worker Petition

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • Summer 2020, ?, Boston Meetup
  • Summer 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
  • Summer 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Culture House, Harvard Square
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNe Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 5/?, 2pm-4pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, on-line

Participants

  • <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
  • < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
  • < Malt> Sam capradae, Worcester

Observers

  • davidd
  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • mikey
  • cparker

Summary

Motion to endorse RCV ballot initiatives. Motion passes.

Computer donations. jokeefe sent email. Had one offer for donation; Steve to follow up. Steve set up form for accepting donations.

Next pirate news recording Sunday at 7pm.

Please try to participate in the platform discussion: https://www.loomio.org/massachusetts-pirate-party/

Minutes

 
21:06 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
       https://masspirates.org/wiki/May_6th,_2020_IRC_Meeting
21:06 <@jokeefe> ids
21:06 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
21:06 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:06 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:06 <@jokeefe> Any to add?
21:07 < Joe> Computer Donation's email
21:07 <@jokeefe> That is under projects
21:08 <@jokeefe> ahoy Malt
21:08 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:08 < Malt> Sam capradae, Worcester
21:08 < Malt> Hi pals
21:08 < srevilak> hi Malt
21:08 <@jokeefe> I checked and I believe we never endorsed the RCV
       ballot initiative.
21:09 <@jokeefe> Suggest we do so and help them get it on the
       ballot/passed.
21:09 < Joe> Agreed
21:09 < Malt> 2nd
21:10 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:10 < Joe> Aye
21:10 <@jokeefe> aye
21:11 < srevilak> aye
21:11 <@jokeefe> any opposed?
21:12 <@jokeefe> motion passes
21:12 <@jokeefe> Projects
21:12 <@jokeefe> Computer donations
21:13 <@jokeefe> I emailed our supporters this morning
21:13 < Joe> there was an email we received:
21:13 < Joe> douglas
21:13 < Joe> 10:03 AM (11 hours ago)
21:13 < Joe> to info
21:13 < Joe> I have a 3 year old PC (no hard drive) and monitor that
       I would like to donate if you want it. I can have it in my car Thurs,
       Fri and Sat this week between 7am and 3pm on Stuart St. in Boston. I'll
       give you my cell and you can call me. I'll take it out of the car,
       put it on the sidewalk and go back inside so you can pick it up. On the
       other hand, I
21:13 < Joe>  live in Stoneham, so if that's easier for you during other
       times, just let me know.
21:13 < Joe> Let me know if you'll have someone around and I'll give
       you my cell number.
21:13 < Joe> Thanks
21:13 <@jokeefe> srevilak, would you redact that in the logs?
21:14 < srevilak> Will redact PII, yes
21:14 <@jokeefe> thanks
21:14 <@jokeefe> srevilak put up the form.
21:14  * srevilak checks weather forecast for Sat
21:14 <@jokeefe> I’ll add it to the blog post that goes out tomorrow
21:15 < srevilak> If we want that PC, I'll offer to bike down to Stuart
       St and retrieve
21:16 < srevilak> shall I write to the gentleman to arrange pickup?
21:16  * Joe is sorry for the PII
21:16 < srevilak> no worries - it happens
21:18 <@jokeefe> thanks for the email, Joe
21:18 < Joe> np
21:18 <@jokeefe> I could get drive to Stoneham if needed
21:20 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast - Sunday 7pm still good?
21:20 < srevilak> Let me see if he's still up for pickup on Stuart st
       on Saturday.  Weather looks like it will be okay, and easy to get in
       and out on bike
21:20 < srevilak> If that doesn't work, Jamie can drive to Stoneham :)
21:21 < Joe> Sunday is solid for me.  I suddenly have it completely open.
21:21 <@jokeefe> great
21:22 < srevilak> Sunday 7pm is good.  May have a work meeting later
       that evening, but that probably won't start until 9p
21:22 <@jokeefe> great
21:25 < srevilak> Oh no -- the killed Malt!  Bastards!
21:25 <@jokeefe> :-)
21:25 < Malt> Sorry yall
21:26 <@jokeefe> Bills
21:27 <@jokeefe> No update though there are efforts to get the face
       surveillance moratorium passed.
21:27 <@jokeefe> Looks like there are other election reforms due to
       the pandemic.
21:27 < Malt> In MA?
21:28 <@jokeefe> yes
21:28 < Malt> I missed it
21:28 <@jokeefe> Just heard about them today.
21:29 <@jokeefe>
       https://www.wcvb.com/article/plans-to-expand-voting-options-in-massachusetts-for-upcoming-elections-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/32395585
21:29 < Malt> Well that's cool!
21:30 <@jokeefe> Platform Discussion - please sign up for
       https://www.loomio.org/massachusetts-pirate-party/
21:32 < srevilak> jokeefe: thanks for reminder.  Have been meaning to
       try the loomio instance
21:33 <@jokeefe> thanks
21:37 <@jokeefe> that is all I have
21:37 < Joe> motion to adjourn
21:38 <@jokeefe> 2nd
21:38 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:38 < srevilak> ay
21:38 < srevilak> ayee
21:38 < srevilak> aye
21:38 < Joe> aye
21:38 < srevilak> (3rd time was the charm)
21:38 < srevilak> Will post transcript
21:38 < Joe> lol
21:38 <@jokeefe> thanks