May 8th, 2021 Democracy/Tech Meeting
Attending: John, Nick, Steve and James
Discussion about trying out a peertube instance. Requires Postgres. Jamie will open support ticket to see if they can give us access to Postgres instance.
Collaboration platforms. Ideas: slack, discord, signal. Signal has added features for groups, and the ability to configured timed message deletion. Slack was acquired by salesforce. We believe discord is still an independent company. There is a matrix/signal bridge, but it appears to require significant setup.
- Need to promote Matrix: https://matrix.to/#/!xDnkRSyGAtCraRrGye:matrix.org?via=matrix.org
- Setup a Test Signal Group
- Still some clean up to do.
- Organize another camera mapping event, perhaps in Chelsea.
Our version of civicrm is nearing end of life. Should upgrade. Jamie will do a first pass and Steve will look into this (probably after Arlington town meeting ends).
Fun stuff about Cellebrite: https://signal.org/blog/cellebrite-vulnerabilities/
Arlington/Newton home rule petitions for RCV:
- Goes before legislature
- Then to vote of the full town. Simple majority vote, no minimum turnout required
Next meeting: 6/5, 11-1pm