November 11th, 2020 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tabled Projects
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Participants
- 7 Summary
- 8 Minutes
Goals for Q3 2020:
- Organize meetups
- Revise platform
- Organize Fundraiser
- Organize candidate trainings
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
- Come up with a how to instructions
- Paper - done
- iPhone - done
- Come up with how to videos
In-person events, including outdoor events, on hold until COVID-19 numbers go down.
Dec. 4th Day Against DRM
Boston Pride Festival
- table booked
- setup signup sheet
- Need to purchase insurance
- Need volunteer sign up form
- Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?
- Free the Moderna Vaccine
- Planning meeting upcoming. Contact jokeefe for details if you want to attend.
- Planning new event
- Yes on 1
- Post on our support for it
- Who could reach out to campaign to ask how we can help?
- Yes on 2
- Post reminder of our support for it
- jokeefe reached out to campaign on helping. Will followup.
- Yard signs available.
- EARN IT Act
- PATRIOT Act renewal
- Legislature extended session
- Push to get Right to Repair bill to a vote.
- Some of facial recognition moratorium is in the police reform bill
Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion
Other To Do
- Application to PPI
- Post statement on Archive.org Suit
- Post statement on our support for Question 1: open access to vehicle telematics systems.
- Post statement on our opposition to S.4051 - Lawful Access to Encrypted Data Act.
- Post statement on retaining section 230 protections. Docket RM-11862. Per TechDirt, 9/17 is the last date for submissions for the 2nd round. - done
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
- 11/14-15, Party Conference
- jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
- srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
- Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
- Malt (sam capradae, worcester)
21:03 <@jokeefe> Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_11th,_2020_IRC_Meeting 21:04 < davidd> i fear in the future this will still be considered the beginning of the real pandamic 21:04 < Malt> hi buddy 21:04 <@jokeefe> you may be right davidd 21:04 <@jokeefe> ids 21:04 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville 21:05 < Malt> sam capradae, worcester 21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington 21:05 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell 21:05 <@jokeefe> anything to add? 21:05 < Malt> non 21:06 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements - Conference Planning 21:06 <@jokeefe> https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPP2020PartyConferencePlanning 21:08 < Malt> i can e-mail supporters 21:08 <@jokeefe> Thanks 21:09 < Joe> I have had an issue with the live stream software 21:09 <@jokeefe> I have to send a final email announcement tomorrow, but if you could reach out to people in Worcester or surrounding communities, that would be wonderful 21:09 <@jokeefe> What is the issue, Joe? 21:10 < Joe> It seems that I can't have the other accounts logged in at the same time. A forced update messed up the Youtube live bot I was using and there does not seem to be an update for it yet. 21:10 < Joe> It will take some tinkering to resolve 21:11 <@jokeefe> I am happy to help you test it 21:12 <@jokeefe> I will set up the links to the meetings and set it up to email participants 21:13 <@jokeefe> I can setup the scheduled live streams. Should be done by tomorrow. 21:14 < Joe> I will notify you via signal when I have resolved the issue. 21:14 <@jokeefe> 14 people signed up on the FB event, but I expect they need a reminder to sign in to our form 21:15 <@jokeefe> ok, thanks Joe. 21:16 < Malt> Alexander asked about getting the link as well 21:17 <@jokeefe> On the topic of “Create draft platform topics to start discussion” I wondered if we should use https://github.com/masspirates/planks as the basis for the start of the discussion along with changes from our past discussions. 21:17 < Malt> that seems like a great starting off point 21:17 < Malt> this is what we stand for, how do we move forward 21:18 <@jokeefe> Will make sure he gets it. 21:18 <@jokeefe> There are 17 sign ups 21:19 < Malt> neat 21:19 <@jokeefe> Joe, have you figured out when you want to your Education speaker on? 21:20 < Joe> Sunday right after me. 21:20 <@jokeefe> ok, will update it 21:21 < Malt> cool 21:21 < Joe> I plan to have my discussion similar to hers, as we discussed. 21:21 < Joe> 10 minutes of me droning on, with 15-20 for questions. 21:21 <@jokeefe> ok 21:23 <@jokeefe> anyone able to take on some plank editing? 21:24 < Joe> Sorry, I would not be able to do it justice. 21:25 <@jokeefe> Do you have time Malt? 21:25 < Malt> wtf ok 21:26 < Malt> i've got childcare next two days 21:26 <@jokeefe> If it helps, I’ll send you some planks and the items to add 21:27 < Malt> okay, yeah 21:27 < Malt> i can do that 21:27 < Malt> that's way more approachable than editing them all 21:28 <@jokeefe> thanks 21:30 <@jokeefe> That is all I have. Just focusing on the conference. 21:30 < Joe> Motion to adjourn? 21:31 <@jokeefe> 2nd 21:31 < srevilak> aye 21:31 <@jokeefe> all in favor? 21:31 < Joe> aye 21:31 < Malt> aye 21:31 <@jokeefe> aye 21:31 <@jokeefe> have a great night all 21:32 < Malt> you too! 21:32 <@jokeefe> hope you get to the top of the ticket davidd! 21:32 < Joe> gnight!