November 1st, 2016 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Projects

Aaron James Campaign

Going door-to-door

Need help:

  • calling volunteers
  • calling donors
  • going door-to-door

November Run for local office conference

The objective is to teach people to run for local office. To Do:

  • Blog post
  • Email to potential candidates
  • Call potential candidates
  • Email to all supporters again
  • Act-ma
  • Social media
  • Reach out to other political organizations
    • Greens
    • Libertarians
    • Socialists
  • Agenda for event

Other

Suggest canceling next meeting since it is election day.

Upcoming Events

  1. 11/8, Election Day
  2. 11/12, 12:30-5pm, Running for local office conference, Democracy Center, Harvard Sq., Cambridge
  3. Dec., Democracy/IT meeting
  4. Jan?, How to file a FOIA request by Maya Shaffer

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • moses (Moses, West Tisbury)
  • noe (Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville MA)
  • G (Garrett, Lowell)
  • Kendra

Observers

  • davidd
  • papegaai
  • Velveeta_Chef
  • igel

Summary

Aaron james campaign. Election day is approaching, and we have literature to distribute. Please contact Aaron if you can help.

Nov. Run for Local office conference. Still doing outreach.

Next Tuesday is election day. No IRC meeting.

Minutes

 
21:00 < jokeefe> agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_1st,_2016_IRC_Meeting
21:00 < jokeefe> ids
21:00 < jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:00 < noe> Noelani Kamelamela,  Somerville MA
21:00 < jokeefe> ahoy C
21:01 < Moses> Moses, West Tisbury
21:01 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:01 < jokeefe> ahoy G
21:01 < G> Garret, Lowell
21:02 < jokeefe> anything to add to the agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_1st,_2016_IRC_Meeting ?
21:02 < papegaai> Title: November 1st, 2016 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate Wiki
        (at masspirates.org)
21:03 < jokeefe> Projects
21:03 < jokeefe> how is the Aaron James Campaign going noe?
21:03 < G> dude is getting absentee votes from PALESTINE
21:04 < noe> We have our final pieces of literature and need help
        distributing them.  If people are free, Aaron has the fliers, so please
        contact him to pick up some.
21:04 < jokeefe> will do
21:05 < Moses> are they're pdfs
21:05 < noe> Election night is also approaching fast! We hope to have
        a relaxed shindig.
21:05 < Moses> their
21:06 < noe> We do have pdfs, too.  I don't have the file, but jokeefe
        might.
21:06 < jokeefe> I can email you, Moses
21:07 < srevilak> (would be good to put copies on a 2016 version of
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/2015_Media_and_Graphics)
21:07 < papegaai> Title: 2015 Media and Graphics - Mass Pirate Wiki
        (at masspirates.org)
21:08 < noe> Thanks jokeefe! Great idea srevilak.
21:09 < Moses> perfect
21:09 < jokeefe> any thing else, noe?
21:10 < noe> I think that's it! Thanks to everyone for doorknocking
        ,signature gathering, writing and phone calls!  Almost there :)
21:11 < jokeefe> thanks!
21:11 < jokeefe> November Run for local office conference
21:11 < noe> Couldn't have done it without all of you.
21:11 < jokeefe> :-)
21:12 < Moses> =D
21:12 < jokeefe> Noe, would you be able to reach out to socialist
        alternative?
21:13  * srevilak will contact terra tomorrow.
21:14 < noe> I can try.  Will email a contact tomorrow w/ 11/12 event
        details.
21:14 < srevilak> jokeefe: I know you reached out to greens.  Any chance
        you asked Grace?
21:15 < jokeefe> I haven’t.  Can ask her.
21:15 < jokeefe> Will check with the Greens again and email the
        Libertarians again.
21:15 < srevilak> I can take care of it -- I've been in touch with Grace
        a lot these past few days
21:15 < srevilak> :)
21:15 < jokeefe> thank you
21:15 < jokeefe> ahoy Kendra
21:15 < Kendra> hi
21:16  * srevilak puts sticky on monitor, as a reminder
21:16 < noe> Ahoy. :)
21:16 < srevilak> jokeefe: I'm planning to bring the recording setup
        on 11/12
21:16 < jokeefe> thanks.
21:17 < jokeefe> noe, would you be able to bring a camera?
21:18 < noe> At the moment, I'm trying to figure out my schedule that
        weekend.  I have a family thing and will try to get back, but I may end
        up missingvthe event. :(
21:20 < jokeefe> ok, I will bring my camera and tripod as a back up
21:20 < jokeefe> and a web cam
21:23 < jokeefe> The post is up at
        https://masspirates.org/blog/2016/10/27/november-12th-running-for-local-office-workshop/
21:23 < jokeefe> So please tell others about it
21:24 < noe> Yasss particularly timely with the election so near.
21:25 < jokeefe> true
21:26 < jokeefe> speaking of that. I suggest canceling the next
        meeting. It being election day and all
21:27 < jokeefe> discussion?
21:28 < srevilak> No objections here
21:29 < noe> Ditto
21:30 < jokeefe> any objections?
21:30 < G> none here
21:30 < Kendra> none here
21:31 < jokeefe> election day IRC meeting canceled then
21:31 < jokeefe> anything else to add?
21:33 < srevilak> Do we want to set a tentative date for dec IT meeting?
21:33 < jokeefe> sure
21:33 < jokeefe> suggestions?
21:33  * srevilak can host
21:34 < jokeefe> thanks
21:34 < srevilak> How about Sun Dec 4th, or Sat Dec 10th?
21:35 < jokeefe> either is fine with me
21:35 < noe> Both look decent from here.
21:36 < srevilak> Let's say Dec 10th, from 13:00 - 15:00
21:36 < srevilak> Let's say Dec tth, from 13:00 - 15:00
21:36 < srevilak> Let's say Dec 4th, from 13:00 - 15:00
21:36 < jokeefe> ok
21:36 < srevilak> gak -- 4th, not 10th
21:36 < srevilak> ok
21:37 < srevilak> oops, sorry, can't do 4th
21:37 < srevilak> Make it the 10th
21:37 < jokeefe> ok
21:37 < noe> 10Th it is
21:37  * srevilak has too many balls in the air these days
21:37 < srevilak> will send announcement to democracy list
21:38 < jokeefe> quite understand. thanks
21:38 < jokeefe> anything else to discuss?
21:39 < Kendra> not me, motion to adjourn?
21:39 < noe> Second
21:39 < jokeefe> 2nd
21:39 < jokeefe> all in favor?
21:39 < srevilak> aye to adjourn
21:39 < Kendra> aye
21:39 < G> aye
21:39 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:39 < Kendra> nite all
21:39 < jokeefe> thanks all