October 2nd, 2011 In-Person Meeting
1. Campaigns and campaign funding
2. Review of upcoming events so we know to register early
3. Talk about how to connect with potential supporters, esp. 30 & younger, and build a visible Pirate movement
4. How to do a lot of awareness and activism programs
5. National Pirate Book?
6. Report back on OccupyBoston
7. Ada Lovelace dinner
Quick Notes / Summaries Re Proposed Bills to be Discussed:
Henry Lo, Medford JP Hollembaek, Lowell (via Skype) James O'Keefe, Somerville Chris Walsh, Cambridge
1. Support OccupyBoston
PR - jamie will write, jp will suggest bullet points
Ask what tech needs they have
Kate helping with website / IRC, Gregg working on interaction with BosPD
Henry will talk with them about needs / holding a teach in
Jamie will reach out to twitter/fb to get reps (have Henry / Lauren)
Liquid Feedback as a way of getting people not there to offer input
For talk - make an announcement at previous day's GA, best to do it before 6pm as GAs start 6-8pm. see what times are good.
Their big priority is outreach people affected more by economy downturn unions as broad as possible
1. what brought everyone together so have common agreement 2. not do to quickly so more people have input
Tactical team oversees needs: Meeting at 5pm to talk about outreach - Dewey Sq.
We could run silent movies after GA
1. get projecter 2. people to run them / computers
2. Setup pirate meeting / dinner (ada lovelace) with Gregory pref in BU/MIT/Harvard/Tufts - Jamie working on it
3. National pirate book - publicize
4. ConConCon - report by Chris
Structural reform of gov to get $ out of politics so it is policy neutral to resolve debates of left/right
We should be on board to fix the decision making process
Fear of a ConCon getting out of control (takes 38 states approve, though)
a lot of fatalism about getting congress to fix the problem
Two interesting key notes - Lessig's & conservative argument on the proper relationship between corps & gov.
callaconvention.org / root strikers