October 3rd, 2011 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search


1. XXX

   a.  XXX

2. Anything else others want to bring up

Quick Notes / Summaries Re Proposed Bills to be Discussed:


  • irc name - name, home town


Meeting Minutes


[21:21] == SplendidSpoon [~lpespisa@] has joined #masspirates [21:26] <@jpokeefe> hi! [21:29] <SplendidSpoon> o hai [21:29] <@jpokeefe> how goes the struggle? [21:29] <SplendidSpoon> Missed the in-person meeting, had an exhausting week. [21:29] <@jpokeefe> no doubt [21:30] <@jpokeefe> thanks for your efforts [21:30] <SplendidSpoon> Pretty good I have been busy with work today so I haven't been back since Saturday night. [21:31] <@jpokeefe> I just posted our press release supporting occupy boston - http://www.masspirates.org/blog/2011/10/03/pirate-party-to-support-occupy-boston/ [21:32] <SplendidSpoon> Oh yes I saw this in an email. [21:33] == ghyul5_ [452b5802@gateway/web/freenode/ip.] has joined #masspirates [21:33] <SplendidSpoon> Are any other Pirate members besides Gregg involved in the Occupy Boston movement? [21:33] <ghyul5_> evening! [21:34] <ghyul5_> I visited them over the weekend, but I'm not camping out [21:34] <@jpokeefe> hi! [21:35] <@jpokeefe> yes, SplendidSpoon - Chris & Henry, likely others as well [21:35] <SplendidSpoon> Cool, yea I [21:35] <SplendidSpoon> I am not camping either, stopping by to help when I can. [21:36] <ghyul5_> I wish I could camp out, but it's hard with college [21:37] <SplendidSpoon> Yea, hard with full-time job too. [21:37] <@jpokeefe> whatever help we can give. [21:38] <@jpokeefe> are there plans to organize periodic large demonstrations/marches? [21:38] <ghyul5_> I'm thinking about changing party registration to pirate from Democrat. really excited that this party exists [21:39] <SplendidSpoon> I think they do organize periodic marches, I'm not sure how much advance notice they give though. [21:39] <ghyul5_> I follow them on twitter [21:40] <SplendidSpoon> Yea that seems like the most up-to-date source [21:40] <@jpokeefe> glad to hear it ghyul5, the more registered voters the better [21:41] <@jpokeefe> The mass marches helped a great deal in Egypt [21:41] <ghyul5_> now if my college could agree with the parties principles.... my IT dept is a nightmare [21:42] <@jpokeefe> no privacy? [21:43] <ghyul5_> ever heard of cisco clean access? [21:44] <SplendidSpoon> ahhhh I should ask my Dad, he works for Cisco [21:44] <@jpokeefe> sorry, no [21:45] <ghyul5_> it's a method of network authentication. blocks programs, files and forces windows users to update/ have an AV program out of a list of 3 [21:46] <ghyul5_> can't dual boot or VPN/ no linux either [21:46] <@jpokeefe> Ah, no I see the problem. [21:46] <@jpokeefe> s/no/now/g [21:46] <SplendidSpoon> Oh it's called NAC now I think [21:46] <SplendidSpoon> Cisco NAC Agent [21:46] <ghyul5_> SplendidSpoon: yes [21:47] <ghyul5_> it's not much fun [21:47] <ghyul5_> i miss torrenting lol [21:48] <@jpokeefe> :-( [21:48] <@jpokeefe> So the Intl Coordinator of the German Pirate Party will be in town this week. We are having a talk with him on Friday, 5-7pm at Tufts with dinner afterward. [21:49] <ghyul5_> i have class :( [21:49] <SplendidSpoon> Ohhh [21:49] <ghyul5_> though i could skip lol [21:49] <SplendidSpoon> Who is invited? [21:49] <@jpokeefe> :-( On Friday? yikes. Anyone [21:49] <@jpokeefe> anyone is invited [21:49] <SplendidSpoon> I can bring my boyfriend? [21:50] <@jpokeefe> yes [21:50] <SplendidSpoon> He's interested in this stuff too. [21:50] <@jpokeefe> cool [21:50] <@jpokeefe> Once we have the room locked down, we'll get the announcement out [21:50] <SplendidSpoon> Cool I will try to get to this for sure. [21:51] <@jpokeefe> ghyul5_, would you be able to make dinner? [21:51] <ghyul5_> what time would dinner be? [21:51] <@jpokeefe> 7:30pm or so [21:51] <@jpokeefe> where do you go to school? [21:52] <ghyul5_> emmanuel. in the fenway [21:52] <@jpokeefe> I see [21:52] <ghyul5_> so not terribly far, but i dont have a car [21:53] <SplendidSpoon> I have a car [21:53] <ghyul5_> will someone tweet it out when the plans are finalized? [21:53] <SplendidSpoon> I work in Kendall square [21:53] <SplendidSpoon> I can pick anyone up who needs a ride - ppl at my office leave early on Fri (yay startups!) [21:54] <@jpokeefe> yes, we will tweet about it, and try to dm boston area followers [21:56] <ghyul5_> are there usually more people in IRC than this? or did i come at a wrong time for the weekly meeting? [21:56] <@jpokeefe> thanks SplendidSpoon. how can we put people in touch with you? twitter? [21:56] <SplendidSpoon> My twitter is @SplendidSpoon yes or email lpespisa at adharmonics dot com [21:56] <@jpokeefe> we tend not to have the monday irc chat after sunday in-person meetings [21:57] <@jpokeefe> of course :-) [21:57] <@jpokeefe> there will be more next Monday [21:57] <ghyul5_> ah ok. [21:57] <ghyul5_> was at home yesterday, otherwise i woulda came [21:58] <@jpokeefe> no problem. will send out a notice of the poll for the next meeting [21:58] <@jpokeefe> it will be in november. [22:00] <ghyul5_> ah ok. [22:00] <ghyul5_> how many people usually go to the meetings? [22:02] <@jpokeefe> usually, 6-8 [22:04] <ghyul5_> i'll really try to make it Friday. i think it'd be great [22:04] <ghyul5_> im @petermorency on twitter btw [22:05] <@jpokeefe> thanks! [22:06] <ghyul5_> np [22:06] <@jpokeefe> how are the general assemblies going? [22:07] <ghyul5_> for Occupy Boston? I attended one and there seemed to be 400-500 people there. they're very well organized [22:08] <@jpokeefe> yes, good to hear [22:09] <ghyul5_> next time i'll bring my camera and twitpic some stuff [22:10] <SplendidSpoon> I'll try to get there after work sometime next week. I was very impressed on Saturday with the level of comraderie and good vibes over there. [22:12] <@jpokeefe> cool on both counts. [22:12] <SplendidSpoon> OK I'm going to go clean my house, keep my posted about Friday [22:13] <ghyul5_> alright. i need to do school work. [22:13] <SplendidSpoon> I'll give rides to anyone in the city if they need [22:13] <SplendidSpoon> If they can handle my lovely old Nissan :) [22:13] <ghyul5_> heh [22:13] == ghyul5_ [452b5802@gateway/web/freenode/ip.] has quit [] [22:14] <SplendidSpoon> Bye bye