September 12th, 2017 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Freedom Rally Planning

Planning doc: https://piratenpad.de/p/FreedomRally2017

Fundraiser

Planning for 2018 Elections

Other To Dos

S.1241 - Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, and Counterfeiting Act of 2017

Approved our opposition to S.1241. Need statement (Joe)

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Tech/Outreach

  • Review regular IRC meeting day. Poll sent to email list - Sent (jokeefe)
  • email Loomio invite to supporters (jokeefe)
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)
  • finish setup of myBB (jokeefe)
  • install mattermost as slack alternative (jokeefe)

Mayfirst is looking at setting up a Discourse instance we could use.

Upcoming Events

See: 2017 calendar

Participants

  • Malt: Sam Capradae, Worcester
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville

Observers

  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • igel
  • papegaai

Summary

Went through the planning doc: https://piratenpad.de/p/FreedomRally2017

Moving final scheduling to the email list.

Minutes

 


[9:04pm] jokeefe: agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_12th,_2017_IRC_Meeting
[9:04pm] papegaai: Title: September 12th, 2017 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate Wiki (at masspirates.org)
[9:05pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:05pm] Malt: Sam Capradae, Worcester
[9:05pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:05pm] jokeefe: anything to add?
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Freedom Rally Planning: https://piratenpad.de/p/FreedomRally2017
[9:07pm] Malt: nothing since the experian email
[9:07pm] Malt: equifax sorry
[9:08pm] jokeefe: have the cryptoparty flyer text done. will layout by tomorrow along with right of repair flyer
[9:08pm] jokeefe: did you get a chance to work on the text for a Cannabis rights flyer?
[9:09pm] Malt: I thought I was just on the call script and list of folk to call?
[9:09pm] jokeefe: sorry for the miscommunication. I think we will be covered for flyers
[9:10pm] Malt: haha yeah
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Matt is working on calling Boston folks
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Would you be able to call Worcester area folks?
[9:11pm] Malt: yes, I think there weren't more than a handful of numbers
[9:11pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:11pm] Malt: also i've lost the website
[9:11pm] jokeefe: how is the tent?
[9:12pm] Malt: i think we can do two folding tables in an L-shape
[9:12pm] Malt: with a bit of room for congregate next to
[9:13pm] jokeefe: when would you be able to drop it off?
[9:13pm] Malt: if we meet somewhere in the middle, i'm free basically whenever
[9:13pm] Malt: like waltham or something
[9:13pm] jokeefe: how big is it?
[9:14pm] Malt: i'd say it's medium sized
[9:14pm] Malt: i neglected to take a photo of it
[9:14pm] Malt: but i can get you one tomorrow
[9:14pm] jokeefe: will it fit in a hatchback?
[9:15pm] Malt: oh most certainly
[9:15pm] Malt: i had zero trouble getting it into my matrix
[9:15pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:16pm] jokeefe: lets talk over email and see if Joe or I will get it
[9:16pm] Malt: sure!
[9:18pm] jokeefe: did you get a chance to look at the Protect Your Privacy text?  does it make sense?
[9:18pm] Malt: I missed that going by, sorry
[9:19pm] jokeefe: it is at the bottom of https://piratenpad.de/p/FreedomRally2017 if you want to take a look
[9:20pm] jokeefe: we got live streaming setup with the youtube channel on Sunday
[9:21pm] Malt: sssiiiiiiick
[9:24pm] Malt: i like the PYP text
[9:25pm] jokeefe: great
[9:25pm] Malt: should we consider adding an adblocker to the list of suggested programs?
[9:25pm] jokeefe: if there is space.  will see what I can do
[9:26pm] jokeefe: when will you be able to be at freedom rally?
[9:27pm] Malt: you got me all day saturday and sunday
[9:27pm] jokeefe: great
[9:27pm] Malt: i could maybe swing time on friday but i have plans to be in western mass friday evening and don't cherish the thought of driving across the state that much
[9:27pm] jokeefe: of course
[9:27pm] jokeefe: the weekend will be great
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Matt can be there Saturday afternoon
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Will check with Aaron and Joe
[9:29pm] Malt: niiiice
[9:29pm] jokeefe: can take the discussion to email as well
[9:29pm] jokeefe: that is all I have. if you don’t have anything else, we can adjourn
[9:30pm] Malt: Did we want to have a sheet on the exquihax breach?
[9:30pm] Malt: i can throw one together
[9:31pm] jokeefe: sure 1/4 page would be great
[9:32pm] Malt: Can do!
[9:32pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:33pm] Malt: that's all from me
[9:34pm] jokeefe: ok, let’s adjourn then and get some extra sleep ;-)
[9:35pm] Malt: seconded!
[9:35pm] Malt: see you soon
[9:35pm] jokeefe: take care