September 13th, 2016 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Projects

Aaron James Campaign

  • Going door-to-door

Freedom Rally

Freedom Rally will be 9/17-18. We will have a table. Volunteer signup form. Emailed supporters. Need to call volunteers.

Status of Ballot Measures Poll

Wikileaks Birthday?

Wikileaks birthday is 10/4. Celebrate it?

Rock Against the TPP - Boston

Planning meeting this Thursday.

PirateCon Recording Status

  • Audio - done
  • Video

November Run for local office conference

The objective is to teach people to run for local office. There will be sessions on:

  • running for representative town meeting
  • running for town-wide and city elections
  • what you can accomplish in local office.

Jokeefe reached out to a host in Worcester. Contacted, but haven't worked out details.

Upcoming Events

  1. 9/17-18, Freedom Rally Table. Volunteer signup
  2. 9/28, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, 577 Somerville Ave., Somerville
  3. Democracy/IT meeting
  4. BPL Cryptoparty, October?
  5. How to file a FOIA request by Maya Shaffer
  6. 11/12, 12:30-5pm, Running for local office conference, Democracy Center, Harvard Sq., Cambridge

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • moses (Moses Sukin, West Tisbury MA)
  • Bluestreak (Lucia Fiero)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)

Observers

  • davidd
  • pagegaai
  • Velveeta_Chef
  • igel

Summary

Aaron James campaign. More door knocking happening.

Freedom Rally. Jason, Jamie, and Joe will do setup. Jamie will be there all day Sunday; Steve all day saturday. We have other volunteers signed up via Civi. Aaron will also be there.

We have an opinion poll for November's ballot questions. Jamie will solicit opinions via supporters mailing list.

Wikileaks Birthday. Coming up on Oct 4th (a Tuesday). Should we do a birthday celebration?

Minutes

 
21:04 < jokeefe> Agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_13th,_2016_IRC_Meeting
21:04 < papegaai> Title: September 13th, 2016 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate
        Wiki (at masspirates.org)
21:05 < Bluestreak> exhuasted.
21:05 < Bluestreak> rough day.
21:05 < Bluestreak> For very little pay off
21:05 < jokeefe> :-(
21:05 < jokeefe> ids
21:06 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:06 < Bluestreak> It was nice seeing Alex for about 4 hours though.
21:06 < jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:06 < Bluestreak> Lucia Fiero
21:07 < jokeefe> Projects
21:08 < jokeefe> Aaron James Campaign
21:08 < jokeefe> new event coming up.  going door-to-door
21:09 < jokeefe>  Freedom Rally
21:10 < Bluestreak> Well we have 3 dudes for set up… do you have time
        to make buttons?
21:10 < Bluestreak> I will send you the art.
21:10 < srevilak> I sent in our indemnification forms.  Last email sounds
        like we get our space assignment during check-in
21:11 < Bluestreak> Usually the same area each year
21:11 < Bluestreak> The problem is, the tables and crap are buried in
        the garage.
21:12 < Bluestreak> Jason keeps telling me he will have is all out in time
21:12 < Bluestreak> I will just have to keep nagging
21:12 < srevilak> Bluestreak: are you planning to do setup on Friday
        night or Sat. Morning?
21:12 < jokeefe> Jason, Joe and I have setup
21:13 < jokeefe> I can make buttons. Sooner you get me the art the better
21:13 < srevilak> Ok.  According to civi, we have JTIII, myself, and a
        third volunteer for the weekend.
21:14 < jokeefe> I will be there at least all day Sunday
21:14 < srevilak> I'll be there all day Saturday.  Won't be able to make
        it on Sunday, though
21:14 < jokeefe> Bluestreak, how many do we have on FB?
21:15 < Bluestreak> 7 definites
21:16 < Bluestreak> 20 “interested”
21:16 < jokeefe> I know Aaron will be there.
21:16 < Bluestreak> Jason is working on Bryan… plase rach out to
        Bryan too
21:16 < Bluestreak> He likes to fel values
21:16 < Bluestreak> d
21:16 < jokeefe> Will check with Noe
21:16 < Bluestreak> Bryan too, OK/
21:16 < Bluestreak> ?
21:17 < Bluestreak> Garret it always there.
21:17  * srevilak will bring audio recorder.  Hopefully can record Aaron
        at one of the education segments
21:17 < Bluestreak> ++
21:17 < jokeefe> don’t know about Bry yet
21:17 < jokeefe> srevilak, would you email Marc and see when he will
        be there?
21:18 < srevilak> jokeefe: according to civi, noon-4pm on sat, noon-6p
        on Sunday
21:20 < jokeefe> some may interpret that the times they are available,
        not when they will be there. email reminders are good :-)
21:20 < srevilak> jokeefe: will follow-up
21:20 < jokeefe> thanks
21:20 < jokeefe> I’ll send out a finaly email asking people to volunteer
21:20 < srevilak> thx
21:23 < jokeefe>  Status of Ballot Measures Poll
21:23 < jokeefe>
        https://masspirates.org/crew/forms/massachusetts-2016-ballot-questions
21:23 < papegaai> Title: Massachusetts 2016 Ballot Questions | Mass
        Pirates Crew (at masspirates.org)
21:23 < srevilak> Two responses so far
21:23 < jokeefe> enough detail?
21:24 < jokeefe> what should the deadline be?
21:25 < srevilak> How about two weeks from now, or October 1?
21:25 < Bluestreak> OK
21:26 < jokeefe> I would prefer October 7th, because I won’t get a
        chance to email members this week
21:27 < jokeefe> trying to keep emails to one item each
21:27 < jokeefe> trying
21:27 < srevilak> Fine by me
21:27 < jokeefe> should we put it in a blog post or just leave it to
        people we can email?
21:28 < srevilak> Could you take the email text and turn it into a
        blog post?
21:30 < jokeefe> yes
21:31 < jokeefe> just thinking it is more likely to be stuffed if we
        put it on the blog.  I suppose that is a remote possibility
21:31 < srevilak> jokeefe: that's a good point.  Keeping to email is
        probably a better way to get opinions of our supporters
21:32 < jokeefe> Will email multiple times
21:34 < jokeefe> other opinions?
21:36 < Bluestreak> Honestly I can barely keep my eyes open, sorry for
        being useless.
21:36 < jokeefe> moving on then.
21:36 < jokeefe> Wikileaks Birthday is 10/4
21:37 < jokeefe> celebration?
21:37 < srevilak> I think it's a tradition by now :)
21:37 < Bluestreak> Agreed
21:38 < Bluestreak> Cake too
21:38 < Bluestreak> I like Asgard
21:38 < jokeefe> It is a Tuesday
21:40 < jokeefe> Will send an email to the list and see what suggestions
        we get
21:41 < jokeefe> Rock Against the TPP - Boston - Planning meeting is
        this week
21:42 < Bluestreak> The Pirates should have a presence at that event
21:42 < jokeefe> Yes
21:43 < jokeefe> Working with them
21:44 < jokeefe>  PirateCon Recording Status - audio done, video next
        hopefully
21:45 < jokeefe> thanks, srevilak
21:45 < srevilak> NP.  Response hasn't been too bad.
        https://archive.org/details/masspirates&tab=about
21:45 < papegaai> Title: Massachusetts Pirate Party : Free Audio :
        Download & Streaming : Internet Archive (at archive.org)
21:46 < jokeefe> that is good
21:48 < jokeefe> November Run for local office conference - still trying
        to work out Worcester
21:48 < jokeefe> that is all I have
21:49 < srevilak> I need to get a tour of the democracy center.
        Will think about that after freedom rally
21:49 < jokeefe> thanks
21:50 < jokeefe> shall we adjourn early?
21:50 < srevilak> motion to adjourn early
21:50 < jokeefe> 2nd
21:50 < jokeefe> all in favor?
21:51 < srevilak> aye
21:52 < jokeefe> aye
21:53 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:53 < jokeefe> thank you
21:53 < jokeefe> have a good night all