September 15th, 2021 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Platform

Planks: https://github.com/masspirates/planks

Started work on two new planks:

Party Budget

Start discussion of 2022 party budget.

Projects

Legislation

Outreach

Leader: Malt

  • Next pirate moot?
  • Setup local video meetups by region with people who said they were interested in organizing a local chapter
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Trans Advocacy Telethon

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming On-line Events

Participants

Observers

  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • slerman

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:04pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_15th,_2021_IRC_Meeting
[9:04pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:04pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:04pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:05pm] malt: malt schlitzmann, worcester
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Platform
[9:06pm] Joe: Nothing to add
[9:07pm] malt: all good here
[9:08pm] jokeefe: The “Ending the social media oligopoly” needs work, but I like the sharks part.
[9:08pm] jokeefe: in https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPDigitalFreedomForAll
[9:09pm] malt: hahaha! sadly i have not had time to research more on this
[9:09pm] jokeefe: me either, unfortunately
[9:11pm] Joe: I did review it but I had nothing useful to add. I feel our point does come across just fine.
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Focus on https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPImmigrationPlank  and revisit the Digital Freedom plank next week when we have further time to edit it?
[9:11pm] Joe: Sou ds
[9:11pm] Joe: Sounds good.
[9:12pm] malt: ok, I added a little bit
[9:14pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:16pm] Joe left the chat room. (Quit: Connection closed)
[9:17pm] Joe joined the chat room.
[9:21pm] mysty joined the chat room.
[9:22pm] Joe: Ahoy
[9:22pm] mysty left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[9:22pm] mysty joined the chat room.
[9:23pm] mysty left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[9:23pm] malt: Modern capitalist nations are no different, each ruled over by a debased cabal of armigorous failsons who find themselves birthed upon a pile of coins and thus live their whole lives believing they shit gold.
[9:23pm] malt: I think that's probably too too spicy but i'm very proud of myself here
[9:25pm] Joe: The corporate veil that provides protection at the cost of us all should be ripped apart. If we are accountable for our decisions, so should they.
[9:26pm] jokeefe: That is pretty good
[9:26pm] Joe: Let's start on a new plank, accountability
[9:27pm] Joe: We can work in open government and our views on privacy for the masses
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Sorry, distracted by family
[9:30pm] malt: feel that in a big way
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Our existing open governement position is:
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Opening up Government
[9:30pm] jokeefe: In order for citizens to control their democratic destiny, we need to know what our government is doing and which special interests are influencing our public elected officials.  Increasingly government officials ignore open meeting laws, make deals favorable to corporations behind closed doors and sell off your 
public information to private interests.  Massachusetts laws prevent people from recording public officials in their duties, such as a police officer making an arrest, but the police cameras can record your actions without your permission.  The Pirate Party will make sure that our government is transparent and accountable to the people.
[9:31pm] jokeefe: And privacy is covered in https://masspirates.org/blog/ourissues/defending-your-privacy/
[9:35pm] jokeefe: I scheduled the pirate news segment with Steve and posted it
[9:36pm] jokeefe: We are good to start 7pm Sunday, yes?
[9:37pm] malt: yes, i've set an alarm so i remember this time
[9:37pm] jokeefe: will send an earlier reminder
[9:37pm] jokeefe: Party Budget
[9:37pm] malt: thanks!
[9:38pm] jokeefe: Joe - should we start with looking at what we are spending?
[9:38pm] Joe:  I am now distracted as well and I have not done it yet
[9:40pm] malt: i was thinking we could put up some e-books for sale to generate funds
[9:40pm] jokeefe: suggestions for e-books?
[9:41pm] jokeefe: Well let’s aim to get the spending down for next meeting.  Will message you, Joe to see when you are available
[9:41pm] malt: ideas for direct actions could be a book
[9:42pm] Joe: Well, I have always kept an eye on our funds and it as continued to grow.
[9:43pm] Joe: We are currently have 1800 in the bank. I also found the checks so I can mail one out to you tomorrow.
[9:43pm] jokeefe: good to know
[9:43pm] Joe: $1,800.00+
[9:43pm] jokeefe: thanks, Joe
[9:44pm] malt: noice
[9:45pm] jokeefe: Outreach - should we schedule another Pirate Moot?
[9:45pm] Joe: Honestly, if we could get people to donate $1 to $41 per month, that would be a thing.
[9:46pm] jokeefe: BTW: http://www.nosafeharbor.org/ is a Pirate book, malt, though it is available for free
[9:46pm] malt: yeah that's the issue i kept running into
[9:46pm] malt: anything we'd have worth charging for we'd want to give away for free
[9:46pm] Joe: I thought it was THE pirate book
[9:47pm] jokeefe: it is, Joe
[9:47pm] jokeefe: But we could give them away and ask for donations
[9:47pm] Joe: We may be better suited as a donation only type org, that way our mission remains pure.
[9:48pm] Joe: Here is what we stand for, here are the ways you can help us get there. Etc.
[9:48pm] Joe: Just saying.
[9:49pm] jokeefe: I would agree
[9:49pm] malt: my other thought had been pirate-themed digital assets made in like, steam
[9:49pm] malt: but i haven't done 3d modeling in years
[9:49pm] Joe: I mean bake sales are great, but I am not here to be a baker, we serve to effect meaningful changes for the better.
[9:49pm] jokeefe: NFTs ? 
[9:49pm] malt: hiiiissssss
[9:50pm] malt: wait is the pirate book available as an audio book?
[9:50pm] Joe: F that, text based muds ftw.
[9:50pm] jokeefe: no it isn’t.  we could record one
[9:50pm] jokeefe: lol Joe
[9:51pm] malt: and post it up with a suggested donation tag
[9:52pm] jokeefe: sounds good.
[9:53pm] jokeefe: We can start by asking who would record a chapter
[9:53pm] malt: i've got a decent mic
[9:53pm] malt: i can edit audio
[9:53pm] malt: next month.
[9:53pm] malt: my slate is full rn
[9:54pm] jokeefe: sounds like a plan. I will put up a notice in the next email blast
[9:54pm] jokeefe: Anything else?
[9:54pm] Joe: Motion to adjourn?
[9:55pm] malt: aye
[9:55pm] Joe: Aye
[9:55pm] jokeefe: that it is, malt.
[9:55pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:55pm] Joe: Good night gents and pirates
[9:55pm] jokeefe: we are adjourned. talk later. have a great night