September 18th, 2019 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

National Party

Decisions/Endorsements

Support the Global Climate Strike?

Actions on 9/20 and 9/27:

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform


Party Conference

Party Conference is 9/21 at Encuentro 5

ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep

Regional Meetings

Leader: jokeefe

Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.

Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

Computer Donations

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 9/21, 9-6pm, Party Conference, Encuentro 5, Park Street, Boston
  • 9/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  • 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup

Participants

  • jokeefe
  • Joe
  • srevilak
  • Malt

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]

Summary

National meeting. We voted no to presidential candidate; too big a task at this point. Next national meeting will focus on platform.

Global climate strike. Voted in favor of endorsing.

Party conference. Steve to bring A/V equipment. Will stream from Joe or Jamie's laptop.

Minutes

 
21:04 <@jokeefe> Let’s start
21:04 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_18th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
21:04 <@jokeefe> ids
21:04 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:04 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:04 <@jokeefe> anything to add?
21:04 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:05 < Joe> review, national meeting
21:05 < Joe> instead of projects
21:05 < Joe> I am not on my main pc tonight, I can change it later
21:07 <@jokeefe> Review
21:07 <@jokeefe> National Meeting
21:08 < Joe> We voted no to the presidential candidate.
21:08 <@jokeefe> Running any presidential candidate would be difficult
        for us
21:09 < Joe> All were unsatisfied with any answer she gave as well,
        when she gave them
21:09 < Joe> We set the next meeting to be about the platform we will
        be running
21:10 < Joe> The main plan is the take a EU platform and mod it to
        our laws
21:10 < Joe> jokeefe was mind behind this, so that is very appreciated.
21:11 < Joe> That's all I have on that
21:11 <@jokeefe> Copy Paste culture ;-)
21:11 < Joe> Your thoughts Jokeefe?
21:11 <@jokeefe> that is a good summary.
21:12 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:13 <@jokeefe> Support the Global Climate Strike?
21:13 <@jokeefe> links in the agenda
21:14 < srevilak> I support
21:14 < Joe> I support it, the world is changing and the amount of fish
        is dropping by loads....
21:15 < Joe> millions depend on the ocean as a food source.
21:15 <@jokeefe> I support as well
21:16 <@jokeefe> Any other views?
21:18 < srevilak> This is an issue where I really think we're doomed.
        But I support people's efforts to try
21:18 < Joe> We could stop pumping carbon into the ocean
21:18 <@jokeefe> We can always try to make it less worse
21:19 <@jokeefe> motion passes. I’ll write something up and post it
21:19 <@jokeefe> Projects
21:19 < srevilak> thx
21:19 <@jokeefe> Party Conference
21:19 <@jokeefe> https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
21:20  * srevilak volunteers to be the AV guy
21:20 < srevilak> :)
21:20 <@jokeefe> I can bring the setup we went with last time, but is
        there a non-youtube streaming solution we could use?
21:20 <@jokeefe> srevilak, does Mayfirst have anything?
21:21 < srevilak> jokeefe: mayfirst has an icecast server, which we've
        used in the past
21:21 < Joe> We have the goPro as well
21:21 < srevilak> Though I would have to cross my fingers and hope
        streaming scripts still worked
21:21 <@jokeefe> I can bring that, but I don’t have a may to mount it
        on a tripod
21:22 < Joe> Well, that's not a streaming solution
21:22 <@jokeefe> would you be able to test it out before hand, srevilak?
21:22 < srevilak> Will try
21:22 <@jokeefe> I can bring an old iphone, tripod and something to
        connect the two
21:23 < srevilak> as a backup, I can provide a USB cable with audio
        + video
21:23 < Joe> Should I bring the screen?
21:23 < Joe> Projector?
21:23 <@jokeefe> more ways of recording things the better
21:23 < srevilak> e5 has screen and projector
21:24 <@jokeefe> you have the audio setup srevilak?
21:24 < srevilak> if you or joe have laptop that can broadcast to youtube,
        that would work as plan b
21:24 < srevilak> yes, new mixer this year :)
21:24 < srevilak> very low noise floor
21:24 < Joe> I will just need internet access
21:24 < Joe> and a USB camera
21:24 <@jokeefe> they have wifi
21:24 < Joe> Mine is cheap and poor
21:25 <@jokeefe> The phones can use wifi
21:25 < srevilak> I have camera -> HDMI capture box -> USB 3.0.
21:25 < Joe> usb 3 is perfect
21:25 <@jokeefe> I’ll try testing it before hand as well.
21:25 < Joe> I'll bring my beast
21:26 <@jokeefe> you can park briefly in front of E5.
21:26 <@jokeefe> to unload
21:27 <@jokeefe> Joe, are you driving Christine?
21:27 < Joe> I can
21:27 < srevilak> jokeefe - we've used my setup to stream from your
        place before.  IIRC, it worked pretty well
21:27 <@jokeefe> yes
21:27 <@jokeefe> thanks, Joe
21:28 < srevilak> jokeefe: you have E5 access code?
21:28 <@jokeefe> I do. Tested it yesterday for the MassMesh meeting
21:29 < srevilak> awesome
21:29 <@jokeefe> if there anything on the list you can commit to bringing
        from https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep that would be great
21:29 < srevilak> was going through that earlier tonight.
21:30 <@jokeefe> thanks. I updated it
21:30 <@jokeefe> Will also email to see who else can update it.
21:31 <@jokeefe> I paid for the site and the 10/5 tech meeting. will
        send out the details for the records
21:33 <@jokeefe> I think the conference is our video newsletter for the
        week. I’ll put a post up about the one we recorded last weekend
21:33 <@jokeefe> Ahoy Malt
21:33 < Makt> Sam capradae, Worcester
21:33 < Makt> Sorry I'm late
21:34 <@jokeefe> Talking about the Party Conference
21:34 < Makt> Gotcha
21:34 <@jokeefe> If there is anything you can commit to doing in
        https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep that would be great
21:35 < Makt> I can do Craigslist
21:35 <@jokeefe> Thanks!
21:36 <@jokeefe> Malt, did you get a chance to check on a place for a
        Worcester meetup?
21:39 <@jokeefe> I haven’t heard anything about Holyoke
21:40 <@jokeefe> I don’t have any other updates
21:41 < Makt> There's stone soup
21:41 < Makt> I think they ask for a nominal fee though
21:42 <@jokeefe> We have had events there in the past
21:42 < Makt> Nice! What time of year were we looking for?
21:44 <@jokeefe> Anarchist Bookfair is early November. MassMesh is
        getting a table. We could share the table with them.
21:44 <@jokeefe> Perhaps you could see what weekend dates are available
        and we could decide next week?
21:44 < Makt> Ok
21:45 <@jokeefe> thank you
21:45 <@jokeefe> Anything else to discuss?
21:45 < srevilak> nothing here
21:46 < Joe> Motion to adjourn
21:46 <@jokeefe> 2nd
21:46 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:46 < Joe> Aye
21:46 < srevilak> aue
21:46 < srevilak> aye
21:46 <@jokeefe> aye
21:47 <@jokeefe> Thanks all.
21:47 < srevilak> will post transcript