September 19th, 2013 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Agenda

  1. Events
    1. Boston Software Freedom Day, Sat., Sept. 21st, 9:30am - 5:30pm
    2. Cambridge Hearing on Surveillance Cameras, September 26th
    3. CryptoParty, Sat., Sept. 28th, South end tech center. Mesh networks and CJDNS. Jason to record.
    4. General Meeting, Oct. 20, Medway, MA
    5. Digital Media Conference, Cambridge, Oct. 25-27
    6. LibrePlanet Free Software Meeting, Weds Nov 6th, evening, Jamie speaking on the "Dangers of the Surveillance State
    7. Scorpion Bowl, Positronic Design, 903 Dwight St, Holyoke MA. Nov 9th
    8. LibrePlanet Free Software Meeting, Weds Dec 4th, evening, Steve speaking
  2. College Cryptoparties
  3. Budget
  4. Flyer printing run?
  5. Campaign Task List: Tasks http://piratenpad.de/SKwdoMqk26

Participants

  • Igel (William Fleurant, Arlington MA)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA)
  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe, Somerville)
  • Kendra (Kendra Moyer, Arlington, MA)
  • Bluestreak (Lucia Fiero)
  • JCFiero (Jason Fiero)
  • GarretK
  • js0000

Observers:

  • ageis
  • oneiros
  • Shidash
  • zby

Summary

  • Steve speaking at software freedom day. Will bring tabling materials, and hand off to whoever is there.
  • CJDNS creator will attend cryptoparty. Jason and/or Lucia to record.
  • Jamie to check with printer, re: another flyer run
  • Digital media conference
    • Steve takes point on cryptoparty
    • what about What would it take for _you_ to dump your NSA-compliant service provider. Panel discussion?
  • Fundraising: Dress Like a Pirate Party on Halloween?
  • Phone banking on Oct 6th, 5-7pm?

Meeting Minutes

jokeefe: hi
[8:49pm] jokeefe: Agenda at http://masspirates.org/wiki/September_19th,_2013_IRC_Meeting
[8:50pm] jokeefe: Probably going to be late.  srevilak, would you run the meeting until I get back?
[8:51pm] srevilak: sure
[8:52pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:00pm] srevilak: hi all, how goes it
[9:00pm] Kendra joined the chat room.
[9:01pm] srevilak: hello Kendra
[9:01pm] Kendra: Hi. Kendra Mo yer, Arlington, MA
[9:01pm] srevilak: Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
[9:02pm] Bluestreak joined the chat room.
[9:02pm] srevilak: other introductions?
[9:02pm] Bluestreak: Did I miss something?
[9:02pm] srevilak: Bluestreak: you missed beginning of introductions
[9:03pm] JCFiero joined the chat room.
[9:03pm] Bluestreak: You mean ID time?
[9:03pm] Igel: William Fleurant, Arlington MA
[9:03pm] Bluestreak: Lucia Fiero
[9:03pm] JCFiero: Jason Fiero
[9:04pm] Igel: its /topic http://masspirates.org/wiki/September_19th,_2013_IRC_Meeting
[9:04pm] srevilak: jokeefe will join us in a little while
[9:04pm] Igel: whats good all.
[9:05pm] srevilak: shall we start running down the agenda?
[9:05pm] Bluestreak: Are you running the meeting, srevilak
[9:05pm] Bluestreak: ?
[9:05pm] srevilak: Jamie asked me to navigate until he returns
[9:05pm] Bluestreak: Aye!
[9:05pm] Bluestreak: Avast!
[9:06pm] srevilak: But if you'd like to take the helm, I'm ok with that
[9:06pm] Bluestreak: Oh NO!
[9:06pm] srevilak: First = Software freedom day, this Saturday
[9:06pm] Bluestreak: All you, Steve!
[9:06pm] GarretK joined the chat room.
[9:06pm] Bluestreak: Avast ye!
[9:06pm] GarretK: activist time!
[9:07pm] Bluestreak: Arr!
[9:07pm] GarretK: ...matey!
[9:07pm] srevilak: I'm speaking from 10 - 11, but leaving shortly afterwards
[9:07pm] Bluestreak: I will be at SFD at noon
[9:07pm] Bluestreak: I will miss you, sadly! 
[9:07pm] srevilak: I believe Jamie is coming at 4pm
[9:07pm] js0000 joined the chat room.
[9:07pm] Bluestreak: That's what he said!
[9:07pm] srevilak: I have tabling material.  Will anyone be there between 10 and 11?
[9:08pm] Bluestreak: No tabling before noon, srevilak
[9:08pm] Bluestreak: Oh
[9:08pm] Bluestreak: I see what you mean!
[9:08pm] srevilak: I'll need to hand off tabling materials
[9:08pm] Kendra: I plan on going early.  I was asked to help with the lightening rounds in the afternoon sessions.  About 4pm I thnk.
[9:09pm] Kendra: I can help with tabling
[9:09pm] Bluestreak: Yay!
[9:09pm] Bluestreak: How early is early, K?
[9:09pm] srevilak: Kendra: if you're there early, I'll hand off materials to you
[9:09pm] Igel: srevilak:  yeah
[9:09pm] Kendra: I want to see Steve speak, so i'll go as early as I can make myself go.
[9:10pm] srevilak: Ok, sounds like someone will be there.
[9:10pm] srevilak: It's just a box w/banner clipboards, signup sheets, flyers
[9:10pm] JCFiero: cool
[9:10pm] srevilak: Any other preparations to talk about?
[9:11pm] srevilak: If no other preparations, we can move on
[9:11pm] srevilak: http://masspirates.org/wiki/September_19th,_2013_IRC_Meeting#Participants
[9:11pm] srevilak: Cambridge Hearing on Surveillance Cameras, September 26th
[9:11pm] srevilak: anyone going?
[9:12pm] srevilak: agenda doesn't have link to event information.  Anyone have that?
[9:13pm] Bluestreak: Wait Kendra, can you email us your number so we can text you on Saturday?
[9:13pm] GarretK: first i've heard of it. can't find info online
[9:13pm] Igel: heh
[9:13pm] Kendra: http://www.cambridgeday.com/2013/09/09/public-security-camera-policy-gets-sept-26-hearing/
[9:14pm] Kendra: Yes, I can email you my number later
[9:14pm] Igel: that defcon piece on the surveillance cameras with ezpass tracking tech onboard was creepy
[9:14pm] Bluestreak: TYVM
[9:14pm] Igel: (in nyc)
[9:15pm] srevilak: Kendra: thx for link.
[9:15pm] Igel: i guess the tech within the surveillance system wouldnt just be for video .. is what the point of it was...
[9:15pm] srevilak: On quick read, my own concern is lack of stated data retention policy
[9:15pm] Igel: these things fail conveinelty and are not open to the public
[9:16pm] Igel: conveniently*
[9:17pm] srevilak: I'd like to attend hearing.  Not sure If I'll be able to swing it
[9:17pm] srevilak: Will report back if I can go
[9:18pm] srevilak: Any other points on the cambridge hearing?
[9:19pm] GarretK: (sorry guys, i gotta bail.. the world never stops)
[9:19pm] srevilak: ok, next item: CryptoParty, Sat., Sept. 28th
[9:19pm] GarretK left the chat room. (Quit: Web client closed)
[9:19pm] srevilak: Igel: you feeling ready? 
[9:19pm] Igel: special guest at the cryptoparty
[9:20pm] Bluestreak: Well, the event Jason and I were going to was cancelled, so we are free all weekend.
[9:20pm] Igel: we can get a nice camera for cjd to comment on cjdns srevilak 
[9:20pm] Igel: put it on yt.. etc. 
[9:20pm] srevilak: Anyone interesting in recording the cryptoparty?
[9:21pm] srevilak: (YT video would be nice)
[9:21pm] Bluestreak: Jason will
[9:21pm] srevilak: awesome
[9:21pm] Bluestreak: Can you hook up the audi, srevilak?
[9:21pm] Bluestreak: audio
[9:21pm] Bluestreak: Our PirateCon audio SUCKED
[9:21pm] Igel: the creator of cjdns will be hanging out to answer questions and bootstrap your routers 
[9:22pm] Bluestreak: We will bring our gear but we will need some tech support.
[9:22pm] Kendra: I could help with filming too if you need it.  We could try to get a better mic set up.
[9:22pm] srevilak: ok.  Shall we plan to arrive at 13:30 for prep?
[9:23pm] Bluestreak: Sure
[9:23pm] Igel: yizzir
[9:23pm] JCFiero: ok
[9:23pm] Igel: http://www.nzz.ch/aktuell/digital/neustart-1.18140845
[9:23pm] Kendra: sounds good
[9:23pm] Igel: he was in the 'new york times' of switzerland
[9:24pm] Bluestreak: i need to brush up on my German
[9:24pm] Igel: if we could get a flyer or 20.. heh..
[9:24pm] Igel: saying the creator of cjdns will be atttending.. that would be pretty krad
[9:24pm] Bluestreak: Yes, about flyers...
[9:25pm] Bluestreak: Jamie was not pleased at the price i paid for last minute flyers
[9:25pm] Bluestreak: He has a printer he likes to use... shall we ask him to do a print run?
[9:25pm] Igel: i dont know the procedure -- i guess?
[9:25pm] srevilak: sure, making note to ask about flyers when Jamie joins
[9:26pm] Igel: if you get 1 i think i have a xerox printcenter
[9:26pm] Igel: free?
[9:26pm] Igel: ok
[9:27pm] srevilak: Any else re 9/28 cryptoparty?
[9:27pm] Igel: i thik the project meshnet gui i have been working on may be demo-able.
[9:27pm] Bluestreak: Hope it's soon. We end at 10!
[9:27pm] Bluestreak: I have been promoting it.
[9:27pm] srevilak: thx, Bluestreak
[9:27pm] Igel: wicked
[9:27pm] srevilak: next item: General Meeting, Oct. 20
[9:28pm] srevilak: in Medway?
[9:28pm] Bluestreak: Yes
[9:28pm] Bluestreak: We wanted to wait until you were available srevilak
[9:28pm] Bluestreak: So it will be 7 weeks between meetings...
[9:28pm] srevilak: well, sorry about that
[9:29pm] JCFiero: we can also pick people up at the MBTA station in Franklin if we start getting people who want to come from the City who don't have wheels
[9:29pm] srevilak: JCFiero: that's good to know
[9:29pm] srevilak: how far is train station?
[9:29pm] Bluestreak: Franklin ctr is about 20 min
[9:30pm] srevilak: ok
[9:30pm] Bluestreak: OK not the best place to meet
[9:30pm] Bluestreak: What choice do we have?
[9:30pm] jokeefe: James O'Keefe, Somerville
[9:30pm] srevilak: IMHO, nothing wrong with medway
[9:30pm] Bluestreak: Hello sir
[9:31pm] Bluestreak: We need flyers you expressed a preference of printers
[9:31pm] srevilak: jokeefe: just discussing Oct 20th general mtng
[9:31pm] Bluestreak: Print run?
[9:31pm] srevilak: Bluestreak: it's later in the agenda 
[9:31pm] srevilak: Shall we move on to Digital Media Conference?
[9:32pm] Bluestreak: We were just talking about it!
[9:32pm] Bluestreak: We need them for Sat!
[9:32pm] srevilak: ok, Bluestreak, can you reiterate for jokeefe?
[9:33pm] Bluestreak: Jamie was not pleased at the price i paid for last minute flyers [21:25] <Bluestreak> He has a printer he likes to use... shall we ask him to do a print run?
[9:33pm] jokeefe: srevilak, how much cash is on hand?
[9:34pm] srevilak: Final balance on checking stmt: 262 + 100 deposit
[9:34pm] Bluestreak: Can you even get them done in time, jokeefe?
[9:34pm] Bluestreak: I have 50 left
[9:34pm] Bluestreak: ish
[9:34pm] jokeefe: for this Sat. no.  The 28th, yes
[9:34pm] Bluestreak: Oh well
[9:34pm] Kendra: Probably chepest to print a smaller amount on a home printer. 
[9:34pm] Bluestreak: Feel free!
[9:34pm] Bluestreak: sorry
[9:34pm] jokeefe: can ask.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: in morning
[9:35pm] Bluestreak: TY
[9:35pm] jokeefe: might do 500 early
[9:35pm] Bluestreak: Get them to Steve or Kendra
[9:35pm] Bluestreak: They will be there b4 us
[9:36pm] srevilak: we have 1--2 stacks of trifolds left over from freedom rally
[9:36pm] srevilak: Moving on to Digital Media Conference?
[9:36pm] Bluestreak: Oh. NEVER MIND
[9:36pm] jokeefe: srevilak, probably doesn't include the $165.31 for the t-shirts
[9:37pm] jokeefe: Spreadsheet give Current Balance	$227.51
[9:37pm] srevilak: jokeefe: correct 165 not on statement
[9:37pm] jokeefe: If I put in $100, that gets us to $327.51
[9:38pm] Bluestreak: If you're not near your limit, then great
[9:39pm] jokeefe: -$160 leaves us with $167, which leaves us $7 after next month of tallyfox
[9:39pm] Bluestreak: Ugh
[9:39pm] Bluestreak: IMO we can manage without TallyFox
[9:39pm] jokeefe: since it isn't up yet.
[9:40pm] jokeefe: ok with the print run, but want us to know where we are.
[9:40pm] Bluestreak: I wanted to bring Gregg in but not at this cost
[9:40pm] jokeefe: will talk with printer tomorrow.
[9:40pm] Bluestreak: TYVM, sir
[9:40pm] jokeefe: So, DMC?
[9:41pm] Bluestreak: Yes, very excited
[9:41pm] Bluestreak: We hope to recruit alt media ppl
[9:41pm] JCFiero: we would like to recruit people for a media/pirate news program
[9:41pm] jokeefe: and they us
[9:42pm] Bluestreak: Our first interview (we hope) will be Dan Kennedy
[9:42pm] jokeefe: so two firm ideas are crypto party and What would it take for _you_ to dump your NSA-compliant service provider?
[9:42pm] Bluestreak: \The guy we missed tonight because of Jason working late
[9:42pm] Bluestreak: Yes.
[9:42pm] Bluestreak: Focus on the Greek solution
[9:42pm] Bluestreak: if they can do it because they are broke...
[9:42pm] Kendra: I went to the book signing and met Dan Kennedy tonight
[9:42pm] Bluestreak: we can do it because out system is broken
[9:42pm] JCFiero: awesome
[9:42pm] JCFiero: thanks Kendra
[9:43pm] Bluestreak: OH! 
[9:43pm] Bluestreak: We missed you!
[9:43pm] Bluestreak: </3
[9:43pm] Bluestreak: Sorry!
[9:43pm] jokeefe: thanks, Kendra
[9:43pm] Bluestreak: How was it?
[9:43pm] Bluestreak: Give out your cards?
[9:43pm] Bluestreak: So glad we can cover for each other like we do
[9:43pm] Bluestreak: Thank you so much K
[9:44pm] Igel: if i get any additional graphics/flyers can i email them to you
[9:44pm] Kendra: It was pretty good, a lot of journalists and a few people I saw at the Berkman media center last week.  I gave him my pirate party card adn got his card.
[9:44pm] Bluestreak: I am going to make a slap togethe...
[9:44pm] Bluestreak: Good, K
[9:44pm] jokeefe: glad it went well
[9:44pm] Bluestreak: I am going to make some half assed flyers for Dance Friday and Harvard Sq
[9:45pm] Bluestreak: For the 28th
[9:45pm] Igel: whats the 2nd idea jokeefe
[9:45pm] Bluestreak: Will do that tomorrow. Going out tomorrow
[9:45pm] Igel: oh nvm misread
[9:45pm] jokeefe: DMC - what about What would it take for _you_ to dump your NSA-compliant service provider? as the general overview and the crypto party as more hands on?
[9:45pm] Bluestreak: will put my crappy fliers out
[9:45pm] Bluestreak: MESHNET!
[9:45pm] Bluestreak: That's what it would take
[9:46pm] srevilak: jokeefe: are we doing one or both (for DMC)
[9:46pm] jokeefe: they seem interested in two
[9:46pm] srevilak: that's what I thought
[9:46pm] jokeefe: could use fliers for 9/28 cryptoparty, Bluestreak
[9:46pm] jokeefe: sorry, need fliers not could use
[9:46pm] Bluestreak: Yes, they wont be great
[9:47pm] srevilak: I'll volunteer to put together DMC cryptoparty
[9:47pm] Bluestreak: But I will do *something* since Blue and Dana are not available
[9:47pm] Bluestreak: TY srevilak
[9:47pm] jokeefe: thanks.  just the facts is fine
[9:47pm] jokeefe: thank you.  srevilak
[9:47pm] Bluestreak: Just the facts, Ma'am
[9:48pm] jokeefe: Suggestions for people to be on a What would it take for _you_ to dump your NSA-compliant service provider? panel?
[9:48pm] srevilak: Panel discussion seems reasonable
[9:49pm] srevilak: might be interesting to have different viewpoints.
[9:49pm] srevilak: Pros/cons of stay vs switch
[9:49pm] srevilak: different levels of risk tolerance, etc
[9:49pm] Bluestreak: I hate to say it but most ppl dont care
[9:50pm] Bluestreak: Alex and Joan and I found most ppl at the Copley steps did not care that they were being watched
[9:50pm] Bluestreak: Vast Majority
[9:50pm] Igel: its a tough question to answer on the street
[9:51pm] srevilak: Also, should we be doing more to educate people?
[9:51pm] Igel: if you pose the question in a way that -all- the people were watched vs. just you.. it gets interesting
[9:51pm] jokeefe: yes, srevilak
[9:51pm] Bluestreak: Actaully two women *were* discussing it on the st
[9:51pm] Igel: because most people do good.
[9:51pm] srevilak: Question is -- why do some brush it off, vs care very deeply
[9:51pm] Bluestreak: What is that supposed to mena "doo godd"?
[9:51pm] Bluestreak: oops
[9:51pm] Bluestreak: lol
[9:52pm] Bluestreak: do good
[9:52pm] Igel: if dick cheney was in office... the answer could be very different
[9:52pm] Bluestreak: Its a perception thing
[9:52pm] jokeefe: what I get from people is "there is no privacy, why bother"
[9:52pm] jokeefe: some people
[9:52pm] Kendra: A lot of  people want to be on tv.  They think their lives are a show worth watching. 
[9:52pm] JCFiero: aye 
[9:52pm] Bluestreak: LOL!
[9:52pm] jokeefe: lol
[9:52pm] Igel: heh...
[9:52pm] Bluestreak: LMAO
[9:52pm] Bluestreak: No but seriously
[9:53pm] srevilak: The flip side -- are you comfortable helping the surveillance system?
[9:53pm] Bluestreak: Most ppl are not saying anything controversial
[9:53pm] Bluestreak: We are concerned becasue *we are*
[9:53pm] Bluestreak: As activists our private lives may be targeted
[9:53pm] Bluestreak: average Joe had no such concern
[9:54pm] srevilak: To make panel interesting, could have a devils advocate:
[9:54pm] jokeefe: well if folks want to be on the panel or have suggestions for people to ask, email me.
[9:54pm] Bluestreak: Now if their *neighbor* or their rival at work could read their email...
[9:54pm] srevilak: I'm happy with my NSA-compliant service provider
[9:54pm] Bluestreak: Me too
[9:54pm] jokeefe: the rest of the events can wait.
[9:54pm] jokeefe: 2. College Cryptoparties
[9:55pm] Bluestreak: I need to make calls
[9:55pm] jokeefe: black_van is contacting folks who offered to be college coordinators about getting space for cryptoparties
[9:55pm] srevilak: Bluestreak: "I'm happy with my NSA-compliant service provider" is devils advocate position.  In reality, I'm not happy with them.  or, I don't use ones that are NSA-friendly
[9:55pm] jokeefe: aye!
[9:55pm] Bluestreak: Well, honestly, I am not worried
[9:56pm] jokeefe: will hopefully know more in a week.
[9:56pm] Bluestreak: My life is an open book, and if they want dirt on me, they will find a way to get it
[9:56pm] Bluestreak: NSA or no
[9:56pm] Igel: well
[9:56pm] Bluestreak: OK so, Jason WAS going to be home for 2 weeks
[9:56pm] Igel: i dont like lists
[9:57pm] Bluestreak: but that changed to one week 
[9:57pm] Igel: and big databases , and big algorithms
[9:57pm] Bluestreak: So I never got to calling
[9:57pm] Bluestreak: which would help jump start the college plan
[9:57pm] Kendra: A lot of people seems willing to compromise their privacy for netflix.  i don't know.
[9:57pm] Igel: i think they wind up putting 8 year olds on terrorist lists, etc..
[9:57pm] jokeefe: hold the thought on calling, Bluestreak
[9:57pm] Bluestreak: Oh
[9:57pm] Bluestreak: OK
[9:57pm] jokeefe: 3. Budget - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkPs3eiAOk5mdFNGcE9ZOXpQNHJ4RVhrQzFtOWFzX1E#gid=4
[9:57pm] JCFiero: we are not saying anything controversial.. the govt. is over-reaching and spying.. they are violating the law and/or the spirit of the law as it applies to our rights...we should be bale to find pleant of Student area groups that araedy exist that our issues will resonate with
[9:58pm] Bluestreak: Budget time
[9:58pm] jokeefe: The budget I worked out for the rest of the year is $1200.  Anything I missed?
[9:58pm] Bluestreak: I object strongly to Tally Fox
[9:58pm] Bluestreak: What do we really need it for?
[9:59pm] jokeefe: Increasing communication among pirates
[9:59pm] jokeefe: once it is ready
[9:59pm] Bluestreak: Costs a fortune in the meantime
[9:59pm] jokeefe: gotta think big
[9:59pm] Bluestreak: bitch please!
[10:00pm] Bluestreak: LOL
[10:00pm] jokeefe: So, ideally, we should try to raise about $2000 to have a cushion for next year
[10:00pm] Bluestreak: Feel free!
[10:00pm] JCFiero: shhhh      some fisrt officer you are... Bluestreak
[10:00pm] Bluestreak: LOL
[10:00pm] Bluestreak: I am am not busting my butt to raise that money. Sry
[10:01pm] Bluestreak: First we have to GET BIG
[10:01pm] Bluestreak: Then we can think big
[10:01pm] Igel: if we can measure big, we can mananage big
[10:01pm] Kendra: We should have a halloween pirate party fundraiser and charge 10 bucks. 
[10:01pm] Bluestreak: I want to focus on recruiting
[10:01pm] Bluestreak: Genius
[10:01pm] JCFiero: we shall see.. U should give it some tie
[10:01pm] JCFiero: +m
[10:01pm] srevilak: dress like a pirate party?
[10:02pm] Bluestreak: There you go
[10:02pm] jokeefe: lol
[10:02pm] Bluestreak: Where?
[10:02pm] Kendra: It's the one time we have an excuse.
[10:02pm] jokeefe: agreed
[10:02pm] js0000 left the chat room.
[10:02pm] JCFiero: parties would rock for sure - we have a venue in Franklin that can handle ~120 ppl
[10:02pm] Bluestreak: ONE time? who have you been hanging out with?
[10:02pm] Bluestreak: Ppl cant GET to Franklin
[10:03pm] Bluestreak: Most of our base is in Boston.
[10:03pm] Bluestreak: Sprouts?
[10:03pm] Kendra: I could check into the space at Industry Labs in Inman Sq.
[10:03pm] Bluestreak: OK
[10:03pm] jokeefe: please do, Kendra.
[10:03pm] JCFiero:  ok thx
[10:03pm] Igel: whoa
[10:03pm] Bluestreak: Way to be positive and proactive K
[10:04pm] Igel: mm.
[10:04pm] jokeefe: My suggestion would be to line up a place for a fundraiser, and call people up tell supporters what we are doing, invite them to it and ask them to chip in if they cannot make it.
[10:05pm] Bluestreak: change the script. Yes.
[10:05pm] jokeefe: operative question is who can help make calls?
[10:05pm] Bluestreak: Joe volunteered
[10:05pm] srevilak: I can help
[10:05pm] Bluestreak: Jason did too but work schedule changed
[10:05pm] Bluestreak: Yay
[10:05pm] JCFiero: I like that ... we can all make some calls.. I think many hands light work...
[10:05pm] srevilak: Perhaps we do a phone bank meeting?
[10:05pm] jokeefe: sounds good!
[10:06pm] Bluestreak: Um... meaning srevilak?
[10:06pm] srevilak: All get together, spend 1--2 hours making calls?
[10:06pm] jokeefe: cell phone bank
[10:06pm] srevilak: jokeefe: exactly
[10:06pm] Bluestreak: Where?
[10:06pm] Bluestreak: IRC?
[10:06pm] jokeefe: & when
[10:06pm] jokeefe: no nice to get together in person
[10:06pm] Bluestreak: Always!
[10:06pm] srevilak: also nice to practice on each other firs
[10:06pm] jokeefe: 10/20th?
[10:06pm] srevilak: first
[10:07pm] Bluestreak: That's out meetong
[10:07pm] Bluestreak: meeting
[10:07pm] Bluestreak: our
[10:07pm] Bluestreak: gah
[10:07pm] Bluestreak: after the meetiong?
[10:07pm] srevilak: I'm in favor of doing an hour on 10/20
[10:07pm] Igel: dunno
[10:07pm] Bluestreak: I am too, srevilak
[10:08pm] JCFiero: It would be good to make some calls sooner if possible..
[10:08pm] Bluestreak: ?
[10:08pm] Bluestreak: What about the 6th?
[10:08pm] JCFiero: but certainly 30min-1hr of calls before and after the 10/20 meeting
[10:08pm] Bluestreak: Since we are not meeting then
[10:08pm] jokeefe: 10/6 is fine with me.
[10:08pm] Bluestreak: Where?
[10:08pm] Bluestreak: Here?
[10:09pm] Bluestreak: Somerville?
[10:09pm] jokeefe: if we want more people to make it then Boston area is good
[10:09pm] Bluestreak: Agreed
[10:09pm] Bluestreak: So...?
[10:09pm] jokeefe: I am fine with Somerville
[10:10pm] Bluestreak: as in 25 Moore?
[10:10pm] jokeefe: unless there is someone else who can host it.  Could just ask
[10:10pm] jokeefe: who can make 10/6?
[10:10pm] jokeefe: me
[10:10pm] Bluestreak: OK, well you can be the fall back position then
[10:10pm] Bluestreak: We can.
[10:11pm] Igel: aye
[10:11pm] srevilak: I'll be out of town on the 6th
[10:11pm] Bluestreak: We will bring Joe
[10:11pm] Bluestreak: IK
[10:11pm] Bluestreak: We will manage
[10:11pm] Bluestreak: Rather not meet without you though
[10:11pm] Kendra: BTW Versus News is having a Launch party this saturday night 9/21 at 6-10 pm at Industry labs  288 Norfolk St., 4th Floor, Cambridge MA
[10:11pm] Bluestreak: so ty anyway for offering to call
[10:12pm] Bluestreak: IDK if I will have any energy left!
[10:12pm] Bluestreak: PLUS
[10:12pm] Bluestreak: After SFD is dinner for interested peeps
[10:12pm] jokeefe: thanks, Kendra.
[10:12pm] Bluestreak: But yes...
[10:12pm] Bluestreak: I would like to go to both
[10:12pm] jokeefe: So 10/6 calls, at a place to be decided.  later afternoon? 4-6pm?
[10:13pm] Bluestreak: I just need some adderall to keep me going all day...
[10:13pm] jokeefe: sleep ...
[10:13pm] Bluestreak: yes because pplp are OUT on sundays
[10:13pm] Bluestreak: then home in the eveings
[10:13pm] jokeefe: 5-7pm?
[10:13pm] Kendra: I might be at the May First meet up in Brooklyn Oct 5-6
[10:13pm] jokeefe: cell phone pirate pizza party!
[10:13pm] Bluestreak: Jamie, Jason, Me, Joe
[10:14pm] jokeefe: lgel
[10:14pm] Bluestreak: I will invite Joan
[10:14pm] Bluestreak: OK that is plenty
[10:14pm] jokeefe: yay!
[10:14pm] Bluestreak: We need the Halloween party plans in place by then
[10:14pm] jokeefe: aye!
[10:14pm] Bluestreak: yay Jamie is excited!
[10:14pm] Bluestreak: Hee hee
[10:15pm] jokeefe: we are over time.  folks want to call it a night?
[10:15pm] JCFiero: I have to go help kids.. ttfn yar!
[10:15pm] Bluestreak: Yes.
[10:15pm] jokeefe: good night JCFiero
[10:15pm] Bluestreak: He's gone already
[10:15pm] Bluestreak: LOL
[10:15pm] jokeefe: aye
[10:15pm] Bluestreak: motion to adjourn
[10:16pm] Bluestreak: Avast ye scurvy dogs!
[10:16pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[10:16pm] srevilak: I'll second Bluestreak's motion
[10:16pm] Igel: aye
[10:16pm] jokeefe: pirate or horse noises?
[10:16pm] Bluestreak: Time to set sail for slumberland
[10:16pm] Bluestreak: yar
[10:16pm] Kendra: Halloween is on a thursday, i will look at dates around there, 2nd to adjourn
[10:17pm] Bluestreak: pirate... tlapd
[10:17pm] Igel: yaaar
[10:17pm] jokeefe: thanks
[10:17pm] Bluestreak: thanks, K
[10:17pm] Bluestreak: Vote?
[10:17pm] Bluestreak: Goodnight
[10:17pm] jokeefe: motion passes.
[10:17pm] Bluestreak: Sleep tight
[10:17pm] Igel: aye capt
[10:17pm] Bluestreak: pleasant dreams...
[10:17pm] jokeefe: good night folks, thanks