September 23rd, 2020 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tabled Projects
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Participants
- 7 Summary
- 8 Minutes
Goals for Q3 2020:
- Organize meetups
- Revise platform
- Organize Fundraiser
- Organize candidate trainings
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Work continues on streaming options.
Next one set for for 9/26, 11am-1pm
- Surveillance Mapping Event
- Come up with a how to instructions
- Paper - done
- iPhone - done
- Come up with how to videos
- Boston (jokeefe) - Sept 12th - done
- Worcester (Malt) - Oct 17th
- Come up with a how to instructions
- Party Conference
- Working on streaming options
- Posted date survey. due 9/25
- Nov. Anarchist Book Fair
- 2021 Boston Pride Festival
- table booked
- setup signup sheet
- Need to purchase insurance
- Need volunteer sign up form
- Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?
- Free the Moderna Vaccine
- Planning meeting upcoming. Contact jokeefe for details if you want to attend.
- Planning new event
- Yes on 1
- Post on our support for it
- Who could reach out to campaign to ask how we can help?
- Yes on 2
- Post reminder of our support for it
- jokeefe reached out to campaign on helping. Will followup.
- Yard signs available.
- EARN IT Act
- PATRIOT Act renewal
- Legislature extended session
- Push to get Right to Repair bill to a vote.
- Some of facial recognition moratorium is in the police reform bill
Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion
Other To Do
- Application to PPI
- Post statement on Archive.org Suit
- Post statement on our support for Question 1: open access to vehicle telematics systems.
- Post statement on our opposition to S.4051 - Lawful Access to Encrypted Data Act.
- Post statement on retaining section 230 protections. Docket RM-11862. Per TechDirt, 9/17 is the last date for submissions for the 2nd round. - done
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
- 9/26, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, on-line
- 10/17, Worcester Surveillance Mapping Outing
- Fall, Party Conference
- jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
- srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
- Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
Video Newsletter. Tentatively for Sunday 7pm. Joe won't be able to make it. May do segments on MA ballot questions, registering to vote, and voting.
Tech. Meeting on Saturday, 11am.
Regional Meetings/Events. Will push end of conference date survey out a week. jokeefe will send announcement tomorrow.
DOJ appears to be trying to muck with Sectoin 230 (again). https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/09/trump-admin-sends-congress-its-blueprint-for-weakening-section-230/
21:04 <@jokeefe> Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_23rd,_2020_IRC_Meeting 21:04 <@jokeefe> ids 21:05 <@jokeefe> anything to add? 21:05 < Joe> I got the 4 computers to the transitional life place today. 21:05 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell 21:05 <@jokeefe> wonderful 21:05 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville 21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington 21:07 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast - Sunday at 7pm, still a good recording time? 21:07 < srevilak> Good for me 21:08 < Joe> not for me, I plan to be headed to the catskills Sunday night 21:08 <@jokeefe> Joe, does that time work for you? 21:09 <@jokeefe> ok 21:09 < Joe> dis you ever get obs working? 21:09 <@jokeefe> no, but I can setup to record on my end then. 21:09 < Joe> *did 21:09 <@jokeefe> Stream from Jitsi to youtube 21:10 <@jokeefe> suggestions for topics to discuss? 21:10 < srevilak> Ballot questions. 21:10 < srevilak> Will have to think more beyond that 21:11 < Joe> I did DL duo recorder for my phone but since I will be in transit I do not think it would be a good idea 21:12 < Joe> Ballot questions and candidates. One video on who is in MA ballots and another for the national level. 21:12 < Joe> maybe one for ballot questions alone. 21:12 <@jokeefe> with info about registering to vote and voting 21:13 <@jokeefe> sounds good 21:13 < srevilak> works for me 21:13 <@jokeefe> wonderful 21:14 <@jokeefe> Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) - have a meeting on Saturday. Posted a reminder and signup page 21:17 <@jokeefe> Regional Meetings/Events 21:19 <@jokeefe> Haven’t pushed the conference date survey. Date was set for Friday. Make sense to push it back a week? https://masspirates.org/crew/forms/2020-pirate-party-conference-date-questionnaire 21:19 < srevilak> Sounds reasonable 21:22 <@jokeefe> you ok with that Joe? 21:24 <@jokeefe> passes then. will announce it on hte blog and email tomorrow, then 21:25 <@jokeefe> It looks like the Anarchist Book Fair web page hasn’t been updated since 2019 21:26 < srevilak> It's usually not updated until shortly before the fair 21:26 < srevilak> COVID will likely make the event challenging 21:27 <@jokeefe> expect so 21:27 <@jokeefe> Campaigns 21:27 < srevilak> With the last minute venue change (last year), the talks were pretty packed in 21:28 <@jokeefe> expect they will be virtual or outside this time round 21:28 <@jokeefe> Haven’t heard anything about the next Free the Moderna Vaccine protest. 21:29 < Joe> sorry, had to deal with an emerging situation. I'm back. 21:29 <@jokeefe> No worries 21:29 < Joe> for the record, no issues. 21:29 <@jokeefe> Nothing on https://twitter.com/ftv_boston either. will send them an email 21:29 <@jokeefe> thanks, Joe 21:31 <@jokeefe> DOJ has a new set of things it wants to do to screwup CDA Section 230 - https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/09/trump-admin-sends-congress-its-blueprint-for-weakening-section-230/ 21:31 < srevilak> (face palm ...) 21:32 < Joe> Did you see the bill to aid Puerto Rico? 21:32 <@jokeefe> did not 21:33 <@jokeefe> expect that won’t go far in the Senate 21:33 < Joe> https://www.npr.org/2020/09/18/914466896/trump-administration-announces-nearly-13-billion-in-aid-for-puerto-rico 21:33 < Joe> Only on election year of course... 21:34 <@jokeefe> True, but they need the aid. It should have been given long ago. 21:35 < Joe> not to mention the crime is 3rd world country status but still.... 21:36 < Joe> I have a few people who work for me from there and the stuff I am told is shocking. 21:37 <@jokeefe> Yes, so much so. 21:39 <@jokeefe> I posted the last tech meeting notes at https://masspirates.org/wiki/August_29th,_2020_Tech_Meeting 21:39 <@jokeefe> That is all I have 21:39 < Joe> motion to adjourn? 21:39 < srevilak> second 21:39 < srevilak> will post transcript