September 30th, 2020 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Ballot questions statement?

Projects

Goals for Q3 2020:

  • Organize meetups
  • Revise platform
  • Organize Fundraiser
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Work continues on streaming options.

Next one set for for 10/10, 11am-1pm

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

  • Surveillance Mapping Event
    • Come up with a how to instructions
      • Paper - done
      • iPhone - done
      • Android
    • Come up with how to videos
    • Boston (jokeefe) - Sept 12th - done
    • Worcester (Malt) - Oct 17th
  • Party Conference
    • Working on streaming options
    • Posted date survey. due 9/25
  • Nov. Anarchist Book Fair
  • 2021 Boston Pride Festival
    • table booked
    • setup signup sheet
    • Announce
    • Need to purchase insurance
    • Need volunteer sign up form
    • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Campaigns

  • Free the Moderna Vaccine
    • Planning meeting upcoming. Contact jokeefe for details if you want to attend.
    • Planning new event
  • Yes on 1
    • Post on our support for it
    • Who could reach out to campaign to ask how we can help?
  • Yes on 2
    • Post reminder of our support for it
    • jokeefe reached out to campaign on helping. Will followup.
    • Yard signs available.

Bills

Federal

  • EARN IT Act
  • PATRIOT Act renewal

State

  • Legislature extended session
  • Push to get Right to Repair bill to a vote.
  • Some of facial recognition moratorium is in the police reform bill

Computer donations

Platform Discussion

Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI
  • Post statement on Archive.org Suit
  • Post statement on our support for Question 1: open access to vehicle telematics systems.
  • Post statement on our opposition to S.4051 - Lawful Access to Encrypted Data Act.
  • Post statement on retaining section 230 protections. Docket RM-11862. Per TechDirt, 9/17 is the last date for submissions for the 2nd round. - done


Tabled Projects

National Party

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
  • 10/10, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, on-line
  • 10/17, Worcester Surveillance Mapping Outing
  • Fall, Party Conference

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Berkshires)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • Malt (Sam capradae, Worcester)

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • mikey

Summary

Statements on Ballot Questions. jokeefe receives kudos on his draft, and will post tomorrow.

Video newsletter. Meet at 7:00pm Sunday. We'll try to stream live. Stream to start at 7:30p, so we have 30 minutes for setup.

Tech. Next Meeting on Sunday Oct 10th.

Minutes

 
21:03 <@jokeefe>
       https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_30th,_2020_IRC_Meeting
21:03 <@jokeefe> ids
21:03 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:03 <@jokeefe> anything to add?
21:03 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Berkshires
21:04 < Joe> I have to put my baby to bed, one moment please.
21:04 <@jokeefe> sure
21:06 < Joe> ok, back
21:06 < Joe> ty
21:06 < srevilak> hai malt!
21:06 < Malt> Sam capradae, Worcester
21:06 < Malt> Thanks for waiting
21:07 <@jokeefe> no worries
21:07 <@jokeefe> welcome
21:08 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:08 <@jokeefe> Are ballot questions statements I wrote ok?
21:08 < srevilak> I thought they were great
21:08 < Malt> Loved em
21:09 <@jokeefe> awe!
21:09 <@jokeefe> ;-)
21:09 <@jokeefe> I’ll post tomorrow then
21:09 <@jokeefe> Projects
21:09 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast - Recording Sunday 7pm ok?
21:09 < srevilak> yes
21:10 < Joe> I am coming back Saturday so there should be no issues.
21:10 <@jokeefe> cool
21:10 <@jokeefe> should we try to make it a real live stream and announce
       it a head of time?
21:11 < Joe> we could.
21:11 < srevilak> In that case, announce for 7:30, to give us time to
       get things in order
21:11 < srevilak> We should still meet up at 7p
21:12 < Malt> Yup
21:12 <@jokeefe> ok, will schedule for then and send connection details
       to Joe
21:12 < Joe> sounds good. Gives us proper setup time.
21:13 <@jokeefe> Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) - had a good meeting -
       https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_26th,_2020_Tech_Meeting
21:13 <@jokeefe> Next meeting scheduled for 10/10.
21:13 <@jokeefe> Will touch base with people who offered to help with
       live streaming
21:14 < srevilak> Oh no -- they killed Malt!
21:14 < srevilak> Bastards!
21:14 <@jokeefe> lol
21:14 < Joe> lol
21:14 <@jokeefe> The survey is due Friday.  Will get an email reminder
       out tomorrow.
21:15 <@jokeefe> That is all I have.
21:15 <@jokeefe> The gravity sink of work is pulling me toward it.
21:15 <@jokeefe> Unless there is anything else, shall we adjourn?
21:15 < Joe> lol. 2nd
21:16 < srevilak> aye
21:16 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:16 <@jokeefe> aye
21:16 < Joe> Im just relaxing here in the mountains. ^.^
21:16 <@jokeefe> thank
21:16 <@jokeefe> you both
21:16 <@jokeefe> sounds lovely
21:16 <@jokeefe> have a great evening!
21:16 < Joe> like a staycation but with less tech to pull me back.
21:17 < Joe> gn gents
21:17 <@jokeefe> we finished early Malt