September 30th, 2020 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tabled Projects
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Participants
- 7 Summary
- 8 Minutes
Ballot questions statement?
Goals for Q3 2020:
- Organize meetups
- Revise platform
- Organize Fundraiser
- Organize candidate trainings
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Work continues on streaming options.
Next one set for for 10/10, 11am-1pm
- Surveillance Mapping Event
- Come up with a how to instructions
- Paper - done
- iPhone - done
- Come up with how to videos
- Boston (jokeefe) - Sept 12th - done
- Worcester (Malt) - Oct 17th
- Come up with a how to instructions
- Party Conference
- Working on streaming options
- Posted date survey. due 9/25
- Nov. Anarchist Book Fair
- 2021 Boston Pride Festival
- table booked
- setup signup sheet
- Need to purchase insurance
- Need volunteer sign up form
- Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?
- Free the Moderna Vaccine
- Planning meeting upcoming. Contact jokeefe for details if you want to attend.
- Planning new event
- Yes on 1
- Post on our support for it
- Who could reach out to campaign to ask how we can help?
- Yes on 2
- Post reminder of our support for it
- jokeefe reached out to campaign on helping. Will followup.
- Yard signs available.
- EARN IT Act
- PATRIOT Act renewal
- Legislature extended session
- Push to get Right to Repair bill to a vote.
- Some of facial recognition moratorium is in the police reform bill
Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion
Other To Do
- Application to PPI
- Post statement on Archive.org Suit
- Post statement on our support for Question 1: open access to vehicle telematics systems.
- Post statement on our opposition to S.4051 - Lawful Access to Encrypted Data Act.
- Post statement on retaining section 230 protections. Docket RM-11862. Per TechDirt, 9/17 is the last date for submissions for the 2nd round. - done
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
- 10/10, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, on-line
- 10/17, Worcester Surveillance Mapping Outing
- Fall, Party Conference
- jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
- Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Berkshires)
- srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
- Malt (Sam capradae, Worcester)
Statements on Ballot Questions. jokeefe receives kudos on his draft, and will post tomorrow.
Video newsletter. Meet at 7:00pm Sunday. We'll try to stream live. Stream to start at 7:30p, so we have 30 minutes for setup.
Tech. Next Meeting on Sunday Oct 10th.
21:03 <@jokeefe> https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_30th,_2020_IRC_Meeting 21:03 <@jokeefe> ids 21:03 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville 21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington 21:03 <@jokeefe> anything to add? 21:03 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Berkshires 21:04 < Joe> I have to put my baby to bed, one moment please. 21:04 <@jokeefe> sure 21:06 < Joe> ok, back 21:06 < Joe> ty 21:06 < srevilak> hai malt! 21:06 < Malt> Sam capradae, Worcester 21:06 < Malt> Thanks for waiting 21:07 <@jokeefe> no worries 21:07 <@jokeefe> welcome 21:08 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements 21:08 <@jokeefe> Are ballot questions statements I wrote ok? 21:08 < srevilak> I thought they were great 21:08 < Malt> Loved em 21:09 <@jokeefe> awe! 21:09 <@jokeefe> ;-) 21:09 <@jokeefe> I’ll post tomorrow then 21:09 <@jokeefe> Projects 21:09 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast - Recording Sunday 7pm ok? 21:09 < srevilak> yes 21:10 < Joe> I am coming back Saturday so there should be no issues. 21:10 <@jokeefe> cool 21:10 <@jokeefe> should we try to make it a real live stream and announce it a head of time? 21:11 < Joe> we could. 21:11 < srevilak> In that case, announce for 7:30, to give us time to get things in order 21:11 < srevilak> We should still meet up at 7p 21:12 < Malt> Yup 21:12 <@jokeefe> ok, will schedule for then and send connection details to Joe 21:12 < Joe> sounds good. Gives us proper setup time. 21:13 <@jokeefe> Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) - had a good meeting - https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_26th,_2020_Tech_Meeting 21:13 <@jokeefe> Next meeting scheduled for 10/10. 21:13 <@jokeefe> Will touch base with people who offered to help with live streaming 21:14 < srevilak> Oh no -- they killed Malt! 21:14 < srevilak> Bastards! 21:14 <@jokeefe> lol 21:14 < Joe> lol 21:14 <@jokeefe> The survey is due Friday. Will get an email reminder out tomorrow. 21:15 <@jokeefe> That is all I have. 21:15 <@jokeefe> The gravity sink of work is pulling me toward it. 21:15 <@jokeefe> Unless there is anything else, shall we adjourn? 21:15 < Joe> lol. 2nd 21:16 < srevilak> aye 21:16 < srevilak> will post transcript 21:16 <@jokeefe> aye 21:16 < Joe> Im just relaxing here in the mountains. ^.^ 21:16 <@jokeefe> thank 21:16 <@jokeefe> you both 21:16 <@jokeefe> sounds lovely 21:16 <@jokeefe> have a great evening! 21:16 < Joe> like a staycation but with less tech to pull me back. 21:17 < Joe> gn gents 21:17 <@jokeefe> we finished early Malt