September 7th, 2015 IRC Meeting
- PirateCon 2015 Videos (jokeefe, Bluestreak)
- MAAPL form (srevilak, jokeefe, noe, ...)
- Newsletter (Kendra, paper_waves, ?)
- Design & Feedback
- Distribution Planning (besides emailing a pdf)
- Gather list of people to mail it to (?)
- Gather a list of places to distribute it (?)
- Decide on the print run (?)
- Updated media list (fish/noe)
- Sep. - Freedom Rally
- Oct. - Free Software & Innovation
- Nov. - 2016 Elections
- Dec. - ?
- Blog posts
- Email lists & Local/regional contacts (jokeefe)
- TPP/CISA (jokeefe)
- Other legislation (jokeefe)
- Stickers (igel)
- Sep. 22, 1pm, Public Hearing on Massachusetts GMO labeling bill (H.3242), Gardner Auditorium at the Massachusetts State House
- Sep. 26th & 27th, Freedom Rally - Sign up form - Planning - have asked for volunteers in email as well
- Sep. 30, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
- Oct. 3, 7-11pm, FSF 30th Anniversary Celebration, CIC Boston, 50 Milk St, Boston
- Oct. 13 (probably), Cory Doctorow Event - Working with other groups
- Oct. 28, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
- Nov. event?
- Nov. 25, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
- Dec. event?
- Dec. 30, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
Every Thu., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge
- igel will follow up again on info on sticker manufacturers and prices
- jokeefe will get blog posts up this week
- In addition to sharing the newsletter docs at wiki, also have it up at an ownCloud instance.
- Kendra working on newsletter.
- Will update to Scribus 1.4.5 so we are using a consistent version
[9:02pm] Bluestreak: Ahoy [9:02pm] jokeefe: ahoy Bluestreak [9:03pm] jokeefe: thinking that labor day might have taken everyone away [9:04pm] Bluestreak: I am in bed [9:04pm] Bluestreak: No hardship to log on [9:04pm] Bluestreak: zzzz [9:04pm] igel joined the chat room. [9:04pm] igel: yaar [9:04pm] jokeefe: ahoy igel [9:05pm] jokeefe: noe is away, IIRC [9:05pm] igel: workn on boston meshnet site [9:05pm] igel: http://libreboston.org/campaigns/boston-meshnet [9:05pm] Bluestreak: Disappointed she didn’t plan on meeting pirates [9:06pm] igel: seems like more traffic since libreboston went up [9:06pm] igel: where abouts hi Bluestreak [9:06pm] Bluestreak: cool igel [9:06pm] Bluestreak: ICELAND [9:06pm] Bluestreak: #1 Pirate place today [9:07pm] jokeefe: nice, igel [9:07pm] igel: aah. [9:08pm] igel: https://www.cryptoparty.in/boston [9:08pm] igel: updated that section, may have ripped some wording from the masspirates.org post, heh.. [9:08pm] igel: steve asked about ah.. hmm i think the newsletter? or a section to it? [9:08pm] jokeefe: looks great [9:10pm] Bluestreak: Excellent [9:10pm] igel: was thinkin like.. [9:11pm] igel: if we just bought like 5 or 6 routers.. we could offer to sell them and immediately flash them.. [9:11pm] igel: any leftovers, we could return unopened.. [9:12pm] Bluestreak: How much per? [9:12pm] igel: i think like $40, for a tplink-3500 [9:13pm] Bluestreak: Sure OK [9:13pm] igel: i'd even eat some of the cost, i dont care.. need router hackers [9:13pm] Bluestreak: I will front you a few routers. [9:13pm] Bluestreak: How will we swing this? [9:13pm] jokeefe: I can hook one up [9:13pm] Bluestreak: by email? [9:14pm] igel: OK yea [9:14pm] igel: ok [9:14pm] igel: we waiting up for noe? [9:14pm] jokeefe: no [9:14pm] Bluestreak: it’s like 1 or 2 am there right? [9:14pm] jokeefe: put an agenda up at https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_7th,_2015_IRC_Meeting [9:15pm] igel: k [9:15pm] igel: where? [9:15pm] Bluestreak: Iceland [9:15pm] jokeefe: considering the turn out & labor day, thinking of keeping it quick [9:15pm] igel: yea true ah i dont know heh [9:16pm] Bluestreak: I’m tired, too [9:16pm] igel: last monday steve said good progress on maapl <form> [9:17pm] igel: ok [9:17pm] jokeefe: yes [9:18pm] jokeefe: going to get the posts I sign up to do done tonight I hope [9:18pm] jokeefe: any luck on stickers, igel? [9:20pm] igel: aah i've not heard back, im going to pingem' again [9:20pm] jokeefe: ok, thanks [9:21pm] jokeefe: we have the newsletter up on ownCloud, but having issues seeing the same thing [9:23pm] jokeefe: anyways, that is all I have [9:23pm] jokeefe: anything else? [9:23pm] igel: ok [9:24pm] Bluestreak: Went to the Digital 4th mtg [9:24pm] Bluestreak: Will get to the next Sunday one if I can [9:25pm] jokeefe: thanks [9:25pm] Kendra joined the chat room. [9:25pm] jokeefe: ahoy kendra [9:26pm] Kendra: Hi, are you having the meeting? [9:26pm] Kendra: Just got in from work, hi all [9:26pm] jokeefe: amazingly enough [9:26pm] igel: i'm lagging out sorry.. [9:26pm] Bluestreak: Sorta meeting [9:26pm] jokeefe: I called into the Young Jurks to tell them about the Cryptoparty. Hopefully, one of us will be on as we get closer to the event. [9:27pm] jokeefe: agenda https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_7th,_2015_IRC_Meeting [9:28pm] igel left the chat room. (Quit: Lost terminal) [9:28pm] jokeefe: we were finishing up. anything to report, Kendra? [9:29pm] Kendra: Not really, just trying to find time to finish up newletter stuff, should be all set this week [9:29pm] Kendra: I move to adjourn [9:29pm] jokeefe: Would you be able to update to 1.4.5? [9:29pm] Bluestreak: lol [9:29pm] jokeefe: that way we can all sync on the same version? [9:29pm] Bluestreak: You just got here [9:30pm] Kendra: I will see if I can reinstall Scribus tonight. Sorry worked 12-8 in Central Sq, I'm just tired [9:31pm] jokeefe: no worries [9:31pm] jokeefe: I will update as well. I created a letter sized version on the shared drive [9:31pm] jokeefe: have done anything beside that [9:32pm] Kendra: Ok, I'm signing off, thanks all [9:32pm] Kendra left the chat room. (Quit: Web client closed) [9:32pm] jokeefe: night [9:32pm] Bluestreak: Welp [9:32pm] jokeefe: shall we call it a night, Bluestreak? [9:32pm] Bluestreak: I was too tired anyway. [9:32pm] Bluestreak: yass [9:32pm] Bluestreak: sleep well. [9:33pm] jokeefe: you too [9:33pm] jokeefe: night