Difference between revisions of "August 21st, 2019 IRC Meeting"
(Created page with "== Review == == Decisions/Endorsements == === Formation of the National party === == Projects == Goals for Q2: * Organize meetups * Organize election * Organize Fundraiser...")
Revision as of 20:28, 14 August 2019
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Tabled Projects
- 6 Upcoming Events
- 7 Participants
- 8 Summary
- 9 Minutes
Formation of the National party
Goals for Q2:
- Organize meetups
- Organize election
- Organize Fundraiser(s)
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
- Next pirate news recording?
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Next meeting will be ?. Topics are:
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws
Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent
H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
National Platform reform/remake
These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News
CCTV camera map
Video Newsletter guest speakers
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 8/24, Lowell Pirate Picnic, Lowell
- 8/27, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 8/28, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
- ?, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
- 9/3, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 9/10, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- ?, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington