February 17th, 2021 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 22:55, 17 February 2021 by Srevilak (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Outreach

Leader: Malt

  • Setup local video meetups by region with people who said they were interested in organizing a local chapter
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Boston Pride Festival

Leader: jokeefe

While in-person events, including outdoor events, are on hold until COVID-19 numbers go down, we should plan for our table at the Boston Pride Festival.

Tasks:

  • setup signup sheet
  • Announce
  • Need to purchase insurance
  • Need volunteer sign up form
  • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Revise Platform

Leader: jokeefe

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming On-line Events

  • Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
  • Sat., 2/13/2021, 11am-1pm, 'Democracy Meeting, on-line

Participants

  • malt (Sam Capradae, Worcester)
  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • mikey
  • Mikaela
  • slerman

Summary

Health policy.

Outreach.

Minutes

 
21:02 <@jokeefe> ahoy
21:03 <@jokeefe> looks like we are at 120 subscribers
21:03 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
       https://masspirates.org/wiki/February_17th,_2021_IRC_Meeting
21:03 < malt> Respectable for zero promo!
21:04 <@jokeefe> ids
21:04 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:04 <@jokeefe> anything to add?
21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak (Arlington)
21:05 < malt> Sam Capradae, Worcester
21:07 <@jokeefe> I looked at https://github.com/masspirates/planks. There
       isn’t anything on healthcare we can start with.
21:08 <@jokeefe> Section 11 of
       https://pirateparty.org.uk/assets/pdf/OpenManifesto.pdf is a one page
       Health policy, but needs changes
21:09 < malt> We can keep it brief, healthcare is a human right
21:10 <@jokeefe> Seems too short.
21:10 <@jokeefe> but is a good start
21:11 <@jokeefe>
       https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/HealthcareisaHumanRight
21:13 < malt> I'm in my phone or I'd be using more complete sentces
21:24 <@jokeefe> no worries
21:35 < malt> What else do we need?
21:36 < srevilak> That's a decent first draft
21:36 <@jokeefe> Agreed. Thanks malt
21:36 < malt> B)
21:37 < malt> We've got abortion,contraceptives, trans care
21:37 < malt> All the hottest buttons
21:37 <@jokeefe> disability medical rights
21:38 < malt> Yesssss
21:39 <@jokeefe> We can edit over the week and finalize next week.
21:39 <@jokeefe> Outreach
21:40 <@jokeefe> Candidate Support Questionaire -
       https://masspirates.org/crew/forms/candidate-support-questionnaire
21:40 < malt> No response to my email
21:40 < malt> I will send that link tonight
21:41 <@jokeefe> Did I miss anything in the Candidate Support
       Questionaire?
21:42 < malt> Seems really thorough!
21:43 <@jokeefe> Will send it out then.
21:43 < srevilak> I can't think of anything to add
21:44 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast - 7pm Sunday?
21:45 < srevilak> Speaking of which, I'm up for re-election this year.
21:45 < malt> Oh cool, they'll be glad to hear from you
21:45 < malt> I can do Sunday
21:45 < srevilak> Can do Sunday as well
21:46 <@jokeefe> Do you want help going door to door, srevilak?
21:46 < srevilak> So far, my precinct has four candidates for four seats.
21:47 < srevilak> I may do some door to door, but looks like it won't
       be competitive this year
21:47 <@jokeefe> well if you want help, happy to provide it
21:48 < srevilak> ok, thx!
21:49 < malt> Always good to get out and talk to the people
21:49 <@jokeefe> aye that
21:49 <@jokeefe> that’s all I have.
21:49 < malt> :)
21:50 <@jokeefe> progress on platform. yay!
21:50 < malt> Always fun to lay down the law
21:52 < malt> Shall we?
21:52 < srevilak> Motion to adjourn?
21:52 <@jokeefe> lay down the law?
21:52 <@jokeefe> 2nd
21:52 < malt> 2nd
21:52 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:52 < srevilak> Aye
21:52 < malt> Aye
21:52 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:53 <@jokeefe> aye