Difference between revisions of "July 29th, 2020 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 16: Line 16:
  
 
* Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed
 
* Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed
 
=== Boston Sex Worker Event ===
 
 
Tentative Red Umbrella day on July 25th or Aug 22nd.  JoeO send dates around for feedback.
 
 
=== Computer donations ===
 
 
* [https://pad.riseup.net/p/RulesForDonations Rules]
 
* [https://masspirates.org/crew/forms/computer-donations Sign up form]
 
  
 
=== Regional Meetings/Events ===
 
=== Regional Meetings/Events ===
 
All meetings on hold due to Covid-19.
 
  
 
Leader: jokeefe
 
Leader: jokeefe
  
* Boston (jokeefe)
+
* Surveillance Mapping Event
* Worcester (Malt)
+
** Boston (jokeefe)
* Lowell (Joe)
+
** Worcester (Malt)
* Boston Pride Festival (emailed them that we transferred our table to 2021)
+
* Sex Worker event?
 +
* 2021 Boston Pride Festival
 
** table booked
 
** table booked
 
** setup signup sheet
 
** setup signup sheet
Line 43: Line 33:
 
** Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?
 
** Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?
  
=== Bills ===
+
=== Computer donations ===
 +
 
 +
* [https://pad.riseup.net/p/RulesForDonations Rules]
 +
* [https://masspirates.org/crew/forms/computer-donations Sign up form]
  
No clue where things are now due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
 
  
Right to Repair
+
=== Bills ===
* out of committee
 
* next email will urge supporters to call their state senator/rep. and urge them to support it
 
* see if people willing to setup meeting with reps.
 
  
Facial Recognition and other bills still in committee.
+
* Push to get Right to Repair bill to a vote.
 +
* Some of facial recognition moratorium is in the police reform bill
 +
* Don't have an update on EARN IT Act or PATRIOT Act renewal
  
 
=== Platform Discussion ===
 
=== Platform Discussion ===
Line 59: Line 50:
  
 
=== Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) ===
 
=== Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) ===
 +
 +
Sent out email asking for date suggestions.
  
 
=== Other To Do ===
 
=== Other To Do ===
Line 65: Line 58:
 
* Conference survey
 
* Conference survey
 
* Statement on [https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20200604/01241444641/major-publishers-sue-internet-archives-digital-library-program-midst-pandemic.shtml Archive.org Suit]
 
* Statement on [https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20200604/01241444641/major-publishers-sue-internet-archives-digital-library-program-midst-pandemic.shtml Archive.org Suit]
* Statement on Extending the Eviction Moratorium - done
+
* <strike>Statement on Extending the Eviction Moratorium</strike>
* Statement on Right to Repair bill - done
+
* <strike>Statement on Right to Repair bill</strike>
* Statement on RCV ballot initiative being on the ballot - done
+
* <strike>Statement on RCV ballot initiative being on the ballot</strike>
* [https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/TrumpPolice Condemnation of Use of Federal LEOs in Portland and elsewhere] - done
+
* <strike>[https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/TrumpPolice Condemnation of Use of Federal LEOs in Portland and elsewhere]</strike>
 
 
 
 
  
 
== Tabled Projects ==
 
== Tabled Projects ==

Revision as of 21:03, 29 July 2020

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3 2020:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

  • Surveillance Mapping Event
    • Boston (jokeefe)
    • Worcester (Malt)
  • Sex Worker event?
  • 2021 Boston Pride Festival
    • table booked
    • setup signup sheet
    • Announce
    • Need to purchase insurance
    • Need volunteer sign up form
    • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Computer donations


Bills

  • Push to get Right to Repair bill to a vote.
  • Some of facial recognition moratorium is in the police reform bill
  • Don't have an update on EARN IT Act or PATRIOT Act renewal

Platform Discussion

Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Sent out email asking for date suggestions.

Other To Do

Tabled Projects

National Party

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • Summer 2020, ?, Boston Meetup
  • Summer 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
  • Summer 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Culture House, Harvard Square
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNe Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  •  ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 5/?, 2pm-4pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, on-line

Participants

  • jokeefe
  • srevilak

Observers

  • davidd
  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • mikey

Summary

Minutes