June 4th, 2015 IRC Meeting
- Left Forum talk
- Video & Audio recordings of the conference
- Other reports
- How goes the purchase of MAPP flags?
- KM offered to put together a flier. Should have by Friday
- Jun. 7, afternoon, Sign/Float making for Boston Pride Parade, where?
- Jun. 13, Boston Pride Parade - Sign up form Facebook event- blog post up, have asked for volunteers in email as well
- Jun. 20, Worcester Cryptoparty?
- Jun. 21, late afternoon, Pirate Council Meeting, where?
- Jun. 25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, Somerville
- July 11, morning, IT Meeting, where?
- Summer, INEAS org cryptoparty?
- July/Aug, Pirate Picnic, Georges Island?, need poll & sign up form (asking for what people will bring)
- Sep. 19 & 20, Freedom Rally - Sign up form - have asked for volunteers in email as well, need blog post by July/Aug
Defer to next meeting
- Restore the 4th Bills - Jamie hasn't posted blog post about them. Will this weekend.
- Jun. 13, Boston Pride Parade
- Jun. 20, Worcester Cryptoparty?
- Jun. 20, Foreclosure advocacy group hack-a-thon
- Jun. 21, 4-6pm, Pirate Council Meeting
- Jun. 25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, Somerville
- July 11, morning, IT Meeting
- Jul. event?
- Aug. event?
- Sep. 19 & 20, Freedom Rally
- Oct. event?
- Nov. event?
- Dec. event?
Every Thu., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge
- josepham (Joseph Moore, Rochester NY)
- srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA)
- jokeefe (James O'Keefe)
- js0000 (saylor le waltham)
- igel (William Fleurant, Arlington)
- bestpiggy (olivia pineyro boston)
- noe (Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville, MA)
Left forum. Overall, went well. Got some nice photos of the event. Next year, we should make an effort to record audio. If we need a projector next year, we should bring our own as a backup. In at least one panel I attended, the projector wasn't working.
Pride. Sign making on Sunday. Tentatively at Parts and Crafts. Marshalls must check in between 10:00 and 11:00. (11:00 is a hard end time for checkin). Start lining up at 11:00; parade kicks off at noon. Probably best to have marchers arrive between 11:00 and 11:30. Probably best to take public transit.
Worcester cryptoparty. http://www.stonesoupworcester.org/ could be a nice space. May also be nice to try doing a cryptoparty in conjunction with WPL, rather than simply doing it at the WPL. Also: Jamie, Steve, and Kendra have been doing a little work with a foreclosure rights group; they were planning a civicrm hackathon on June 20th).
Pirate Council IPM (6/21). Where to host? Perhaps Regina Pizzeria in Allston? Okay, Regina Pizzeria it is.
21:03 < jokeefe> agenda - https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_4th,_2015_IRC_Meeting 21:03 < jokeefe> ids - James O’Keefe 21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA 21:03 < igel> William Fleurant, Arlington 21:03 < igel> hi 21:03 < josepham> Joseph Moore, Rochester NY 21:04 < josepham> for now 21:04 < js0000> ahoy! 21:05 < jokeefe> ahoy bestpiggy, js0000 21:05 < jokeefe> just on ids 21:05 < jokeefe> agenda - https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_4th,_2015_IRC_Meeting 21:05 < bestpiggy> hey all 21:06 < js0000> j saylor le waltham 21:06 < jokeefe> Reports 21:06 < bestpiggy> olivia pineyro boston 21:07 < jokeefe> left forum went well for the last session of the conference. good discussion 21:07 < js0000> nice pix on twitter 21:07 < jokeefe> julie took them 21:08 < jokeefe> srevilak - insights? 21:08 < jokeefe> ahoy noe 21:08 < noe> ahoy! 21:08 < srevilak> I thought it went well. 21:08 < srevilak> Perhaps we should have had longer introductions. That's my only afterthought 21:09 < noe> (derp, ID- Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville, MA) 21:09 < srevilak> the pictures did look rather nice 21:10 < srevilak> on the bright side, we avoided many of the tech problems plaguing other panels 21:10 < jokeefe> well we had no tech ;-) 21:11 < srevilak> which is why we had no tech problems :) 21:11 < noe> winning! 21:11 < jokeefe> what were their problems? 21:11 < srevilak> at the very least, I think we may have hooked USPP up with a new person. Seems like a good thing 21:12 < jokeefe> yay! 21:12 < srevilak> jokeefe: tech problems: mostly video conference related, some audio related. Some rooms with projector not working 21:12 < jokeefe> so next year, bring one as a back up? 21:12 < srevilak> If we need a projector. 21:13 < srevilak> Next year - should make an effort to record audio 21:13 < jokeefe> will need good mics 21:14 < jokeefe> speaking of audio recording - Video & Audio recordings of the conference: have copies of the video recordings - will put them up and get them to others for processing 21:14 < jokeefe> noe did a great job on the three pirate show videos 21:15 < josepham> good to hear 21:17 < jokeefe> Other reports? 21:17 < noe> *curtsies* 21:19 < jokeefe> Tasks - Materials - Flags - James hasn’t found anything better than what he had before 21:21 < jokeefe> he offered to see about stenciling them, will send him art work 21:21 < jokeefe> I am asking if any other party has flags besides the germans 21:24 < jokeefe> KM offered to make a flier design by Friday. I have the flags from Bluelustreak 21:25 < jokeefe> Events: 21:25 < jokeefe> Jun. 7, afternoon, Sign/Float making for Boston Pride Parade - who can host? 21:25 < srevilak> halley had mentioned Parts and Crafts 21:26 < srevilak> We didn't confirm a time, though 21:26 < jokeefe> is there a fee? if free, campaign finance requires that we ask if they offer it free to others 21:26 < srevilak> (as far as I can remember) 21:26 < srevilak> jokeefe: would have to ask 21:27 < jokeefe> would she be around for it? 21:28 < srevilak> I got the impression she would be. Will ask 21:28 < jokeefe> thanks 21:30 < jokeefe> Jun. 13, Boston Pride Parade - been including it in emails, tweeting, facebook. will get an email out Monday morning. calls to locals this weekend would be good. 21:32 < jokeefe> ahoy Kendra 21:32 < Kendra> Hi Everyone 21:33 < jokeefe> discussing pride parade 21:33 < igel> zz early night l8r.. 21:33 < jokeefe> srevilak, suggest folks get there by 11:30 or 11am? 21:34 < srevilak> checking slides 21:35 < srevilak> marshalls need to check in between 10 & 11 (11:00 am is a hard end time) 21:35 < srevilak> groups line up from 11 21:35 < srevilak> parade starts at 12 21:36 < srevilak> arriving 11 - 11:30 sounds good 21:37 < jokeefe> please talk it up 21:37 < jokeefe> I know me, srevilak will be there. what about others? 21:38 < noe> i will be there 21:38 < noe> i recommend public transport, if possible. 21:38 < jokeefe> aye 21:38 < bestpiggy> i can make it 21:39 < jokeefe> thanks 21:39 < jokeefe> js0000 signed up 21:39 < noe> if you do need to bring a car, don't park it where the parade ends, park it near where the parade begins. 21:39 < jokeefe> plus some more signed up on facebook 21:40 < Kendra> I will be there 21:40 < noe> and drive in early if you are bringing a car. 21:42 < jokeefe> thanks 21:43 < jokeefe> Bluelustreak and JFiero may be there 21:44 < jokeefe> srevilak - Jun. 20, Worcester Cryptoparty? 21:45 < srevilak> jokeefe: possibly. We'd tentatively set June 20th as a hackathon date for the foreclosure advocacy group 21:46 < jokeefe> do we have locations for either? 21:46 < srevilak> I'm not aware of locations (if we have them) 21:47 < noe> where is the foreclosure advocacy group based? 21:48 < noe> could find a location local to them, maybe? 21:48 < jokeefe> Worcester/Boston 21:49 < srevilak> jokeefe: for worcester, person I met at libre planet suggested this place: http://www.stonesoupworcester.org/ 21:50 < noe> grassroots power! I am interested. 21:50 < jokeefe> been a while since I was there 21:50 < srevilak> approaching them, and setting date by 6/20 might be kind of tight 21:50 < srevilak> unless you already have contacts :) 21:50 < srevilak> (never been there myself) 21:50 < jokeefe> there was street parking, but no sure if it was permit only on a sat. 21:50 < Kendra> We should definitely have a Plan B and C including the Worcester Library 21:51 < noe> could be busy 21:51 < jokeefe> didn’t the guy who suggested the cryptoparty have a maker space in mind? 21:51 < Kendra> Just suggesting a back up location just in case 21:51 < srevilak> FWIW, given turnout of our last two worcester events, I'm hesitant to try to pull one together on short notice 21:52 < srevilak> Perhaps instead of doing cryptparty @ WPL, we try to do it in conjunction with WPL. 21:52 < Kendra> So would we want to try something closer to our location? I agree about the short notice, we have a lot to do these days. 21:53 < noe> shift it to July? I'm all for that. 21:53 < jokeefe> July sounds better to me. 21:53 < srevilak> I don't mind making trip to worcester. But would like to have more people in audience than presenters 21:53 < Kendra> Yeah we are headingin to the summer holiday season, it will be hard to compete with the weather, with out some publicity 21:54 < jokeefe> Why don’t we talk with the other folks organizing the two events and see what they say 21:54 < Kendra> We can always flyer and talk to people at summer events like fireworks and other summer festivals, i don't know what goes on in worcester 21:55 < noe> move it to the fall time? although I know the foreclosure advocacy folks might be sad, they might also be relieved! 21:55 < Kendra> There was some discussion of an August 1 deadline for a launch of this form civicrm project 21:56 < Kendra> But we have to be fair to ourselves too as far as time and running around 21:56 < jokeefe> civicrm has a due date, so that shouldn’t be pushed off far past June 21:57 < srevilak> jokeefe, Kendra: we'll have to talk with Grace & co 21:57 < jokeefe> sounds good to me 21:57 < jokeefe> Jun. 21, late afternoon, Pirate Council Meeting, where? 21:58 < jokeefe> Regina Pizzeria in Allston? 21:59 < srevilak> I'm ok with Regina Pizzeria, if others are okay with it. 22:00 < noe> That sounds fine. :) 22:00 < jokeefe> works for me 22:01 < bestpiggy> i know how to get there 22:01 < jokeefe> settled then 22:01 < jokeefe> we are at time, anything else folks want to bring up? 22:02 < srevilak> what time on 6/21? 22:03 < srevilak> 1pm, maybe? 22:03 < Kendra> nite all 22:03 < jokeefe> we voted on late afternoon 22:03 < jokeefe> so 3-5pm? 22:03 < jokeefe> 4-6pm? 22:03 < srevilak> Ah, missed that 22:04 < srevilak> 3-5 seems okay? WHat do others think? 22:04 < jokeefe> lets do 4-6pm 22:04 < jokeefe> will ping jamie & halley since they were the ones who couldn’t do earlier 22:06 < jokeefe> motion to adjourn? 22:06 < srevilak> second 22:06 < jokeefe> all in favor? 22:06 < jokeefe> aye 22:06 < srevilak> aye 22:07 < jokeefe> any opposed? 22:09 < jokeefe> motion passes. good night all 22:09 < srevilak> will post notes