March 11th, 2020 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search


March Tech Meeting

Video recording for Dutch Pirate Party 10th anniversary

Made and sent.


Covid-19 Planning


Goals for Q1 2020:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

Lowell Meetup 3/21

  • Boston (jokeefe) - E5 is open on Saturdays. Emailed poll for setting a date.
  • Worcester (Malt)
  • Boston Pride Festival
    • table booked
    • setup signup sheet
    • Announce
    • Need to purchase insurance
    • Need volunteer sign up form
    • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 6pm unless changed

Computer Donations

  • srevilak/jokeefe working on sign up form.
  • Joe Location still being worked on.


Right to Repair

  • out of committee
  • next email will urge supporters to call their state senator/rep. and urge them to support it
  • see if people willing to setup meeting with reps.

Facial Recognition and other bills still in committee.

Platform Discussion

Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be 4/12, 2-4pm, Mr Crêpe?, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

Tabled Projects

National Party

Boston Sex Worker Petition

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 3/10, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 3/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 3/21, 10am-2pm, Lowell Meetup, Lowell Public Library
  • 3/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 4/7, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Culture House, Harvard Square
  • 4/12, 2pm-4pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Mr Crêpe?, 51 Davis Sq, Somerville
  • 4/29, 7-9pm, Boston Cryptoparty, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • April 2020, ?, Boston Meetup
  • Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
  • Spring 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup


  • Pirate_Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • jokeefe_ (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • Malt


  • davidd
  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy



21:05 <@jokeefe_> Agenda:,_2020_IRC_Meeting
21:05 <@jokeefe_> aye
21:05 <@jokeefe_> ids
21:05 <@jokeefe_> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:05 < Pirate_Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:05 <@jokeefe_> Anything to add to the agenda?
21:06 < Pirate_Joe> Nothing not already on there.
21:06 < srevilak> nothing to add
21:07 <@jokeefe_> BTW: srevilak, I passed on your comments on the
       Artlington surveillance ordinance to Alex. He appreciated the update
21:07 < srevilak> ok, thx
21:07 <@jokeefe_> Review
21:07 <@jokeefe_> March Tech Meeting
21:08 <@jokeefe_> We came up with a plan for the next month. I’ll
       write up the notes. Next one is set for April 8th
21:08 <@jokeefe_> Sorry, 4/12
21:09 <@jokeefe_> We also recorded the video for the Dutch Pirates and
       sent it off to davidd
21:09 < Malt> Sam capradae, Worcester
21:09 <@jokeefe_> ahoy Malt
21:09 < srevilak> hai Malt
21:09 < Malt> Sorry I'm late
21:09 <@jokeefe_> glad you could make it
21:10 <@jokeefe_> anything you want to add to the agenda?
21:10 < Pirate_Joe> Hey Malt
21:10 < Malt> Nyet
21:11 <@jokeefe_> Decisions/Endorsements - Covid-19 Planning
21:11 < Malt> Yeeesssss
21:11 < Malt> I've already stocked up
21:11 < srevilak> I'll repeat
21:11 < srevilak>
21:12 < Malt> Shelves in Worcester were getting dire few days ago
21:12 <@jokeefe_> I think we are going the way of Italy and China,
       just at a delay
21:12 < Malt> Absolutely
21:12 <@jokeefe_> My local Stop and Shop was ok, except for clorox wipes
       and TP
21:13 < Malt> We already don't know how many are infected cuz noone can
       afford the test
21:13 <@jokeefe_> and there aren’t enough tests
21:13 < Malt> And the federal government isn't going to help
21:14 <@jokeefe_> We have some events coming up and rather than cancel
       them, I think we should try using
21:15 <@jokeefe_> Shall we test?
21:17 < Malt> Jitsi meet?
21:17 < srevilak> jokeefe_: no mic on me right now.  Read jitsi chat
21:17 <@jokeefe_> ok
21:18 <@jokeefe_> yes, Malt
21:18 <@jokeefe_> Want to see if we can get more than two
       	21:19 < srevilak> oh no, we lost Malt.	Those Bastards!
21:19 <@jokeefe_> lol
21:20 < Malt> Room name?
21:24 <@jokeefe_>
21:29 <@jokeefe_> testing … looking good
21:42 <@jokeefe_> after testing, we discussed the topics on the agenda
21:43 <@jokeefe_> agreed to hold off on meetings due to the Covid-19
21:44 <@jokeefe_> Joe will reschedule room for 3/21 meet up. but will
       make it virtual
21:44 <@jokeefe_> Boston Pride Festival is going forward for the moment.
21:45 <@jokeefe_> Video Newsletter/Podcast - recording Sunday, 6pm
21:46 <@jokeefe_> Computer Donations - on hold for now
21:47 <@jokeefe_> Bills - not sure what the legislature will do now that
       a shutdown likely
21:51 <@jokeefe_> sorry, we are chatting on the video chat
21:52 < srevilak> motion to adjourn
21:52 <@jokeefe_> is my summary good?
21:52 < Joe> 2nd
21:52 < srevilak> aye
21:52 < srevilak> I'll post transcript
21:52 < Joe> aye
21:52 <@jokeefe_> aye
21:52 <@jokeefe_> thanks