September 18th, 2019 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Tabled Projects
- 6 Upcoming Events
- 7 Participants
- 8 Summary
- 9 Minutes
Support the Global Climate Strike?
Actions on 9/20 and 9/27:
Goals for Q3:
- Organize meetups
- Organize election
- Organize Fundraiser(s)
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
Party Conference is 9/21 at Encuentro 5
ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.
Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
- jokeefe contacting friend who refurbishes computers for a non-profit
- Archived https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations - move to wiki
Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws
Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent
H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
National Platform reform/remake
These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News
CCTV camera map
Video Newsletter guest speakers
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 9/21, 9-6pm, Party Conference, Encuentro 5, Park Street, Boston
- 9/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
- 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
- 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
- Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup
National meeting. We voted no to presidential candidate; too big a task at this point. Next national meeting will focus on platform.
Global climate strike. Voted in favor of endorsing.
Party conference. Steve to bring A/V equipment. Will stream from Joe or Jamie's laptop.
21:04 <@jokeefe> Let’s start 21:04 <@jokeefe> Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_18th,_2019_IRC_Meeting 21:04 <@jokeefe> ids 21:04 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville 21:04 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell 21:04 <@jokeefe> anything to add? 21:04 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington 21:05 < Joe> review, national meeting 21:05 < Joe> instead of projects 21:05 < Joe> I am not on my main pc tonight, I can change it later 21:07 <@jokeefe> Review 21:07 <@jokeefe> National Meeting 21:08 < Joe> We voted no to the presidential candidate. 21:08 <@jokeefe> Running any presidential candidate would be difficult for us 21:09 < Joe> All were unsatisfied with any answer she gave as well, when she gave them 21:09 < Joe> We set the next meeting to be about the platform we will be running 21:10 < Joe> The main plan is the take a EU platform and mod it to our laws 21:10 < Joe> jokeefe was mind behind this, so that is very appreciated. 21:11 < Joe> That's all I have on that 21:11 <@jokeefe> Copy Paste culture ;-) 21:11 < Joe> Your thoughts Jokeefe? 21:11 <@jokeefe> that is a good summary. 21:12 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements 21:13 <@jokeefe> Support the Global Climate Strike? 21:13 <@jokeefe> links in the agenda 21:14 < srevilak> I support 21:14 < Joe> I support it, the world is changing and the amount of fish is dropping by loads.... 21:15 < Joe> millions depend on the ocean as a food source. 21:15 <@jokeefe> I support as well 21:16 <@jokeefe> Any other views? 21:18 < srevilak> This is an issue where I really think we're doomed. But I support people's efforts to try 21:18 < Joe> We could stop pumping carbon into the ocean 21:18 <@jokeefe> We can always try to make it less worse 21:19 <@jokeefe> motion passes. I’ll write something up and post it 21:19 <@jokeefe> Projects 21:19 < srevilak> thx 21:19 <@jokeefe> Party Conference 21:19 <@jokeefe> https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep 21:20 * srevilak volunteers to be the AV guy 21:20 < srevilak> :) 21:20 <@jokeefe> I can bring the setup we went with last time, but is there a non-youtube streaming solution we could use? 21:20 <@jokeefe> srevilak, does Mayfirst have anything? 21:21 < srevilak> jokeefe: mayfirst has an icecast server, which we've used in the past 21:21 < Joe> We have the goPro as well 21:21 < srevilak> Though I would have to cross my fingers and hope streaming scripts still worked 21:21 <@jokeefe> I can bring that, but I don’t have a may to mount it on a tripod 21:22 < Joe> Well, that's not a streaming solution 21:22 <@jokeefe> would you be able to test it out before hand, srevilak? 21:22 < srevilak> Will try 21:22 <@jokeefe> I can bring an old iphone, tripod and something to connect the two 21:23 < srevilak> as a backup, I can provide a USB cable with audio + video 21:23 < Joe> Should I bring the screen? 21:23 < Joe> Projector? 21:23 <@jokeefe> more ways of recording things the better 21:23 < srevilak> e5 has screen and projector 21:24 <@jokeefe> you have the audio setup srevilak? 21:24 < srevilak> if you or joe have laptop that can broadcast to youtube, that would work as plan b 21:24 < srevilak> yes, new mixer this year :) 21:24 < srevilak> very low noise floor 21:24 < Joe> I will just need internet access 21:24 < Joe> and a USB camera 21:24 <@jokeefe> they have wifi 21:24 < Joe> Mine is cheap and poor 21:25 <@jokeefe> The phones can use wifi 21:25 < srevilak> I have camera -> HDMI capture box -> USB 3.0. 21:25 < Joe> usb 3 is perfect 21:25 <@jokeefe> I’ll try testing it before hand as well. 21:25 < Joe> I'll bring my beast 21:26 <@jokeefe> you can park briefly in front of E5. 21:26 <@jokeefe> to unload 21:27 <@jokeefe> Joe, are you driving Christine? 21:27 < Joe> I can 21:27 < srevilak> jokeefe - we've used my setup to stream from your place before. IIRC, it worked pretty well 21:27 <@jokeefe> yes 21:27 <@jokeefe> thanks, Joe 21:28 < srevilak> jokeefe: you have E5 access code? 21:28 <@jokeefe> I do. Tested it yesterday for the MassMesh meeting 21:29 < srevilak> awesome 21:29 <@jokeefe> if there anything on the list you can commit to bringing from https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep that would be great 21:29 < srevilak> was going through that earlier tonight. 21:30 <@jokeefe> thanks. I updated it 21:30 <@jokeefe> Will also email to see who else can update it. 21:31 <@jokeefe> I paid for the site and the 10/5 tech meeting. will send out the details for the records 21:33 <@jokeefe> I think the conference is our video newsletter for the week. I’ll put a post up about the one we recorded last weekend 21:33 <@jokeefe> Ahoy Malt 21:33 < Makt> Sam capradae, Worcester 21:33 < Makt> Sorry I'm late 21:34 <@jokeefe> Talking about the Party Conference 21:34 < Makt> Gotcha 21:34 <@jokeefe> If there is anything you can commit to doing in https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep that would be great 21:35 < Makt> I can do Craigslist 21:35 <@jokeefe> Thanks! 21:36 <@jokeefe> Malt, did you get a chance to check on a place for a Worcester meetup? 21:39 <@jokeefe> I haven’t heard anything about Holyoke 21:40 <@jokeefe> I don’t have any other updates 21:41 < Makt> There's stone soup 21:41 < Makt> I think they ask for a nominal fee though 21:42 <@jokeefe> We have had events there in the past 21:42 < Makt> Nice! What time of year were we looking for? 21:44 <@jokeefe> Anarchist Bookfair is early November. MassMesh is getting a table. We could share the table with them. 21:44 <@jokeefe> Perhaps you could see what weekend dates are available and we could decide next week? 21:44 < Makt> Ok 21:45 <@jokeefe> thank you 21:45 <@jokeefe> Anything else to discuss? 21:45 < srevilak> nothing here 21:46 < Joe> Motion to adjourn 21:46 <@jokeefe> 2nd 21:46 <@jokeefe> all in favor? 21:46 < Joe> Aye 21:46 < srevilak> aue 21:46 < srevilak> aye 21:46 <@jokeefe> aye 21:47 <@jokeefe> Thanks all. 21:47 < srevilak> will post transcript